Butch Boys

Hahahahah I didn’t play that game but come on. You can’t thump your chest when you cover on a returned onside kick with 30 seconds left. Shockingly, I didn’t have FIU or Houston this week. Those are usually the spine crushing losses I take.
I’ll thump my chest with the big bag. LOL That’s betting. You don’t give the money back because of a late cover.

Advertisement
If we are being polite, it is safe to say that the years have not been kind to Davis’ memory of what really happened in Cleveland as he conveniently left out some of the other “highlights” of his time in town, including:

Ignoring his scouts and selecting defensive lineman Gerrard Warren instead of running back LaDanian Tomlinson or defensive lineman Richard Seymour in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft.
  • Selecting running back William Green in the first round of the 2002 NFL Draft while safety Ed Reed – one of his former players at Miami – was available.
  • Trading away a draft pick to move up one spot to select tight end Kellen Winslow in 2004 rather than quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
  • Quitting on the Browns with five games remaining in the 2004 season after having a “panic attack” during a game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Davis also left out the details of the Browns collapse against the Steelers in the playoff game, when Cleveland blew a 17-point lead to a Pittsburgh team quarterbacked by Tommy Maddox.

Last edited:
Ok, second greatest roster ever assembled. What’s the ******* difference? You’re ****ting on him because you didn’t want him to get a victory lap like six years ago. You’re a big boy, get over it.
HAHAHAHA yea that's it. You think simply stating actual FACTS is ****ting on someone. That's the real joke and maybe it's you who needs to get over the actual facts of Butch's record. You're a big boy, you can do it.

Advertisement
Dohhh....

If we are being polite, it is safe to say that the years have not been kind to Davis’ memory of what really happened in Cleveland as he conveniently left out some of the other “highlights” of his time in town, including:

Ignoring his scouts and selecting defensive lineman Gerrard Warren instead of running back LaDanian Tomlinson or defensive lineman Richard Seymour in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft.
  • Selecting running back William Green in the first round of the 2002 NFL Draft while safety Ed Reed – one of his former players at Miami – was available.
  • Trading away a draft pick to move up one spot to select tight end Kellen Winslow in 2004 rather than quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
  • Quitting on the Browns with five games remaining in the 2004 season after having a “panic attack” during a game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Davis also left out the details of the Browns collapse against the Steelers in the playoff game, when Cleveland blew a 17-point lead to a Pittsburgh team quarterbacked by Tommy Maddox.
This doesn't read like someone who is the greatest talent evaluator of all time.

But Bro, he was a great evaluator of talent bro.

Man **** lost to a Washington team with half the talent. Get that fat fvck outta my face
That freckled liar had the best roster in the history of college football and lost to Rick Newweasel. Blew his one chance at a NC by choking. Then Larry *** Coker turned around and beat that same Warshington team 758-3 the next season.

The only fact any Cane fan should be worried about is that We have been flopping around in mediocrity since he and his recruits left.

Love Butch to death & appreciate his recruiting/talent evaluations for the Canes, but his day has come and gone. Sad to watch and old coach go out like this. Worse than Larry Coker at UT-San Antonio or whatever the place is called.

Advertisement

Tell the truth Butch was dog **** up there..

Advertisement
He wasn’t successful here other than assembling the best roster in the history of college football that he got nothing out of.
I guess that we should phrase it that we were successful because of him, but not him because of us.

You ***** one chicken...

Bringing him back won’t fix that and it’s stupid that it’s still brought up

Exactly, and it shows a complete lack of creativity or talent evaluation of coaches the out there. I truly believe that the BBB have no idea how Butch was able to attract talent back in the 20th century and they feel he can do the same to this date, but only if he is in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back