Butch being interviewed today

Advertisement
"Interview" when your dealing with several mil a year and the extant of the contract is an extremely
lengthy process that both sets of lawyers have to hammer out to the like of both U and coach.

I guess Va Tech and UGA are just better at the process, seems like we would be with the amount of practice we have had

Why the fvck are the "interviewing" anyone. Do we really need an interview to hire the best coach??? This ish is retarded.
No need for candidates to talk to the AD that they don't know. Why interview a person you are about to pay millions of dollars? Why be thorough with the most important hire in decades?

Golden Showers is the most idiotic poster I have ever read. What a clown.

Maybe it's Butch that requested the interview? Maybe he wants to make sure old Blake knows what he expects from the front office if he comes in. Maybe he's making sure the clown circus of the Shalala days are over and he'll be able to go after decent staff etc. Just another angle to look at it. I would be surprised if this is the first time Butcher has gotten together with them. Of course they said he was at Hecht yesterday which was proven false as he was at the ole miss v miss st game. Ehhhh....

Advertisement
You idiots do realize that the interview is a conversation between the candidate and his future boss. Why would we want that to happen? No need for them to talk prior to signing the contract. I mean, why talk about details or what he would need in personnel. Just jump into it blind.

If they are interviewing coaches it means they have no ****ing clue what they are doing. Why the **** do we always treat this process like some sort of difficult evaluation of a person. Is he an elite coach? No? Then don't even consider him. Is he an elite coach? Yes? Offer a contract.

ANYTHING ELSE IS MICROMANAGING BS.

Just offer him a contract? Don't even listen to his plan? No comparison to the plans of other candidates? Just offer him the contract worth millions. You're very intelligent.

I would love to know what Golden Showers does for a living and what is education level is.

Maybe it's Butch that requested the interview? Maybe he wants to make sure old Blake knows what he expects from the front office if he comes in. Maybe he's making sure the clown circus of the Shalala days are over and he'll be able to go after decent staff etc. Just another angle to look at it. I would be surprised if this is the first time Butcher has gotten together with them. Of course they said he was at Hecht yesterday which was proven false as he was at the ole miss v miss st game. Ehhhh....

Maybe its been so long that Butch wants to get some practice interviewing again. He may be rusty.

Why the fvck are the "interviewing" anyone. Do we really need an interview to hire the best coach??? This ish is retarded.
No need for candidates to talk to the AD that they don't know. Why interview a person you are about to pay millions of dollars? Why be thorough with the most important hire in decades?

B/C an interview shouldn't be the determining factor in who you hire as coach. There isnt some secret magic that coaches can say. Either the guy is a good coach or he isn't. If you are picking your coach based off an interview, then you have SERIOUS problems.

There's obviously no reason to ask the guy what SPECIFICALLY he would do at Miami. Hey, UM is just like every other program, so whatever he's done before will work just fine here...just ask al. And before anyone says it, this would not be the same situation for butch. That was a long time ago, and he better have a **** good plan for fixing **** today, in 2015 not in the 90s.

Advertisement
You idiots do realize that the interview is a conversation between the candidate and his future boss. Why would we want that to happen? No need for them to talk prior to signing the contract. I mean, why talk about details or what he would need in personnel. Just jump into it blind.

Looking back, that seems like what happened with the last hire.

Sh*t! you're right. That what happens when you interview people for jobs. This method is outdated and unnecessary. A phone call and a faxed resume is all should take. If we have done that we wouldn't have signed Golden to coach Miami and avoided the disaster that followed.

(I know some people will miss the sarcasm)

"Interview" when your dealing with several mil a year and the extant of the contract is an extremely
lengthy process that both sets of lawyers have to hammer out to the like of both U and coach.

I guess Va Tech and UGA are just better at the process, seems like we would be with the amount of practice we have had

Did UGA hire a coach yet?

I thought Herman was the guy to take over there.. But We know Va Tech already has the guy they want.

The number of assumptions being made by the idiots in this thread are staggering. Assumption 1) this is a standard interview 2) this is the first interview between butch and Blake 3) this meeting, if it indeed happened, is an interview 4) that we haven't interviewed several ppl several times

What if today's meeting was a contract negotiation? Would that change your mood?

The number of assumptions being made by the idiots in this thread are staggering. Assumption 1) this is a standard interview 2) this is the first interview between butch and Blake 3) this meeting, if it indeed happened, is an interview 4) that we haven't interviewed several ppl several times

What if today's meeting was a contract negotiation? Would that change your mood?

Oh please, if it were a negotiation people on here would KNOW.

Advertisement

Some ppl have said he's accepted the job nobody will know if it gets that far... Interview yes.. Who the next HC while I think it's Butch, we won't know when

Just like they KNOW the process that all the other schools are taking with their search.

Here is another FACT no one has been hired yet for ANY of the other jobs. R E L A X. RELAX

Advertisement
Amazing how quickly the other open jobs have been filled while we're wasting time listening to former players ball wash Mario Cristobal. I also love that Blake James (apparently) waited until after the season to interview a candidate who is currently unemployed and has been lobbying for the job for almost a year.

Fuente to Virginia Tech and Campbell to Iowa State. The latter move is suicidal. Nobody knows who they are interviewing.

Last edited:
Why interview him? Just give him a contract.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this or any other message board. He's gotta be trolling as there is absolutely no way someone is this clueless.

If he really interviewed today, at least it's out of the way and if we hire someone else, they can't say he wasn't given a fair shake.

I will say it right now though, I hope to **** that he doesn't get the job. Bank on us looking for a new coach in 3 to 5 years if he gets the job.

Why interview him? Just give him a contract.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this or any other message board. He's gotta be trolling as there is absolutely no way someone is this clueless.

If he really interviewed today, at least it's out of the way and if we hire someone else, they can't say he wasn't given a fair shake.

I will say it right now though, I hope to **** that he doesn't get the job. Bank on us looking for a new coach in 3 to 5 years if he gets the job.

Because of his age we are looking for another coach not far outside of that widow even if Butch came back here and was successful. That's one reason he isn't at the front of my list (not that it matters any).

Advertisement
Back