Butch being interviewed today

No one knows what is going on. If you listen to everyone at this point we are will to pay between 3 and 6 million. We will consider everyone from Chip Kelly to Mario Cristobal. We have also already hired Butch Davis, Charlie Strong, and Mario Cristobal. Really there is not much good information out there.

Advertisement
You idiots do realize that the interview is a conversation between the candidate and his future boss. Why would we want that to happen? No need for them to talk prior to signing the contract. I mean, why talk about details or what he would need in personnel. Just jump into it blind.

People are questioning the timing, you dimwit, not the entire meaning of an interview. Miami has had an opening for 5 weeks and just now decides to interview the one guy on their list that's unemployed?

Last edited by a moderator:
You idiots do realize that the interview is a conversation between the candidate and his future boss. Why would we want that to happen? No need for them to talk prior to signing the contract. I mean, why talk about details or what he would need in personnel. Just jump into it blind.

If they are interviewing coaches it means they have no ******* clue what they are doing. Why the **** do we always treat this process like some sort of difficult evaluation of a person. Is he an elite coach? No? Then don't even consider him. Is he an elite coach? Yes? Offer a contract.

ANYTHING ELSE IS MICROMANAGING BS.

Why the fvck are the "interviewing" anyone. Do we really need an interview to hire the best coach??? This ish is retarded.
No need for candidates to talk to the AD that they don't know. Why interview a person you are about to pay millions of dollars? Why be thorough with the most important hire in decades?

Besides, they never interview anyone for head coaching jobs in the NFL.

Do you think Bama had to interview Saban? Michigan have to interview Harbaugh? OSU have to interview Urban?

If you are interviewing candidates it means you are more interested in 300 page binders than on field results.

I bet they did interview them, if at the least to ask what they plan on changing about the program. You can target a guy and still interview him.

Amazing how quickly the other open jobs have been filled while we're wasting time listening to former players ball wash Mario Cristobal. I also love that Blake James (apparently) waited until after the season to interview a candidate who is currently unemployed and has been lobbying for the job for almost a year.

Advertisement
No one knows what is going on. If you listen to everyone at this point we are will to pay between 3 and 6 million. We will consider everyone from Chip Kelly to Mario Cristobal. We have also already hired Butch Davis, Charlie Strong, and Mario Cristobal. Really there is not much good information out there.

nah bro that's from a players uncle from another board bro.

If they are interviewing coaches it means they have no ****ing clue what they are doing. Why the **** do we always treat this process like some sort of difficult evaluation of a person. Is he an elite coach? No? Then don't even consider him. Is he an elite coach? Yes? Offer a contract.

ANYTHING ELSE IS MICROMANAGING BS.

Just offer him a contract? Don't even listen to his plan? No comparison to the plans of other candidates? Just offer him the contract worth millions. You're very intelligent.

Why the fvck are the "interviewing" anyone. Do we really need an interview to hire the best coach??? This ish is retarded.
No need for candidates to talk to the AD that they don't know. Why interview a person you are about to pay millions of dollars? Why be thorough with the most important hire in decades?

Besides, they never interview anyone for head coaching jobs in the NFL.

Do you think Bama had to interview Saban? Michigan have to interview Harbaugh? OSU have to interview Urban?

If you are interviewing candidates it means you are more interested in 300 page binders than on field results.
I can't tell if you are joking or not. You are not serious, right?

One, you have no clue what process played out in those situations. Two, I can't imagine any of those guys u referenced taking any job with out interviewing/meeting with the ad prior to an offer.

I am done talking to anyone who does not understand this. Good evening.

Reek the guy who posted is very reliable.He does not post to get attention. But an interview doesnt mean a hiring but if they interviewed him it was with Korn's vetting having been done.
As for why interview him ? A face to face meeting to clear the air about the past ,UNC and the future in his case makes sense.

Advertisement
What's alarming, is CBS sports puts out an article saying Richt would be a great fit for Miami, but that Cristobal is the leading candidate. Hearing Cristobal's name even being mentioned drives me crazy.

Looking back, that seems like what happened with the last hire.

People are questioning the timing, you dimwit, not the entire meaning of an interview. Miami has had an opening for 5 weeks and just now decides to interview the one guy on their list that's unemployed?

Your reading comprehension is poor. Not surprising. Calling me a golden slurper is cute. Nice touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our AD is in way over his head. All these other ADs had plans in place and are not interviewing candidates. They did their work beforehand on who they liked and were interested in and simply started calling them once the job opened. We lollygagged, hired a search firm, and then after three weeks started interviewing a candidate we could have interviewed the week of the firing.

If worst case we wanted to wait to interview other candidates we could already have the Butch interview over and done with to move this process along. And before someone says it's not a big deal; it is. Every day you can get your coach in to talk to recruits helps.

Advertisement
Reek the guy who posted is very reliable.He does not post to get attention. But an interview doesnt mean a hiring but if they interviewed him it was with Korn's vetting having been done.
As for why interview him ? A face to face meeting to clear the air about the past ,UNC and the future in his case makes sense.

That guy got killed on message boards when Patchan committed to UF.

What's alarming, is CBS sports puts out an article saying Richt would be a great fit for Miami, but that Cristobal is the leading candidate. Hearing Cristobal's name even being mentioned drives me crazy.

He also called Mario Alabama's offensive coordinator, so I'm not putting too much stock into what he says.

If Butch (or anyone) is named HC in the next week or two, will he take charge of the bowl game preparation? Or, will he let Scott handle it while he assesses the current players, puts together a staff, and recruits.

Advertisement
Dennis Dodd had a previous column saying Mario had the 'inside track'. Mario's agent must be doing quite a job with the CBS bunch.

Our AD is in way over his head. All these other ADs had plans in place and are not interviewing candidates. They did their work beforehand on who they liked and were interested in and simply started calling them once the job opened. We lollygagged, hired a search firm, and then after three weeks started interviewing a candidate we could have interviewed the week of the firing.

If worst case we wanted to wait to interview other candidates we could already have the Butch interview over and done with to move this process along. And before someone says it's not a big deal; it is. Every day you can get your coach in to talk to recruits helps.
How many hires have been made so far? I didn't realize u guys were plugged into all the other searches. What is going on in here?

LOL, we are going to be "interviewing" people for the next 3 weeks as the smart AD's hire the guys they want and we're holding a bag o **** in one hand and a 5 year contract for Mario Cristobal in the other hand contemplating which hand hold more promise for Miami.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you're right:(.

"Interview" when your dealing with several mil a year and the extant of the contract is an extremely
lengthy process that both sets of lawyers have to hammer out to the like of both U and coach.

Advertisement
Back