Butch being interviewed today

Amazing how quickly the other open jobs have been filled while we're wasting time listening to former players ball wash Mario Cristobal. I also love that Blake James (apparently) waited until after the season to interview a candidate who is currently unemployed and has been lobbying for the job for almost a year.

more than that.

Advertisement
LOL, we are going to be "interviewing" people for the next 3 weeks as the smart AD's hire the guys they want and we're holding a bag o **** in one hand and a 5 year contract for Mario Cristobal in the other hand contemplating which hand hold more promise for Miami.

Aren't those the same things?

Advertisement
The number of assumptions being made by the idiots in this thread are staggering. Assumption 1) this is a standard interview 2) this is the first interview between butch and Blake 3) this meeting, if it indeed happened, is an interview 4) that we haven't interviewed several ppl several times

What if today's meeting was a contract negotiation? Would that change your mood?

Oh please, if it were a negotiation people on here would KNOW.
Just like they KNOW the process that all the other schools are taking with their search.

Here is another FACT no one has been hired yet for ANY of the other jobs. R E L A X. RELAX

Yes, exactly. It was sarcasm.
Everybody thinks they know something, and nobody knows ****.
I'm pretty relaxed about it, because I know that I don't know **** and have no input.

The number of assumptions being made by the idiots in this thread are staggering. Assumption 1) this is a standard interview 2) this is the first interview between butch and Blake 3) this meeting, if it indeed happened, is an interview 4) that we haven't interviewed several ppl several times

What if today's meeting was a contract negotiation? Would that change your mood?

Just like they KNOW the process that all the other schools are taking with their search.

Here is another FACT no one has been hired yet for ANY of the other jobs. R E L A X. RELAX

I'm pretty relaxed about it, because I know that I don't know **** and have no input.

What is ****? Apparently, I know even less than you, but I wouldn't bet my account on it.

Excellent post.

I know bro. I wasn't taking a shot at u. I was agreeing with u

Advertisement

Excellent post.

Not only THIS ^^^, but if Butch is truly a "fallback option" (makes me cringe to even refer to him so disrespectfully like that), then wouldn't it make sense to interview him later in the process? We do need to move things along though. Unless a certain NFL coach has expressed interest and we're waiting for his season to end to have direct talks, just BBB already and let's go.

This morning he said, " I'll be back in Bristol this weekend" does that mean he won't be named coach this week, or just saying it because no answer on the Miami job?

This morning he said, " I'll be back in Bristol this weekend" does that mean he won't be named coach this week, or just saying it because no answer on the Miami job?

Life should go on for him (at least on the surface) until he is announced as the HC. He is still getting paid by ESPN and has contractual obligations. I don't see him resign from ESPN until he signs a contract.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back