Butch Barry

Advertisement
Sometimes people are put in position to fail. I can't imagine any offensive position coach succeeding in Enos' scheme, but that's no reason to keep him.
I agree that he was never in a position to succeed and the scheme certainly didn't help his wildly inexperienced offensive lineman. All that being said he didn't do his job on the recruiting front which is no ones fault but his own.

Sometimes people are put in position to fail. I can't imagine any offensive position coach succeeding in Enos' scheme, but that's no reason to keep him.
Two years ago it was Searles so Mack Brown hires him. This year its Barry. Maybe a large part of the problem is a lack of O line talent. So if Barry is out we now go to a 3rd option in three straight years. Not good.

Advertisement
1578579219572.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dont forget that he didnt recruit worth a ****. Not even one "High Profile" visit down the stretch nearing signing day

Meeeeh...lets not be hypocrites. I remember recruits raving about him as far as teaching them techniques and him being a good coach when he worked with them in camp settings. Isiah Walker and Rivers were two of them. I also think that was the reason we got Chris Washington after Paradise camp. Now this was before the season of course.

That said, when the offense performed that bad, nobody should think there job is safe. I hope Fields is next. Stubbs I am 50-50 on.

His down fall was his recruiting, majority of us understand what he was given, so he should have been recruiting to get more talented guys, but he is obviously not a good recruiter.

I'd actually say the opposite. That his downfall was supposedly being this dude with an NFL pedigree that we expected to at least make some version of chicken salad out of chicken **** and he absolutely failed on that front.

I think people may have given him a temporary pass on the recruiting failure if he showed any results in developing the guys we have here. But Botch Berry sucks as a corch and a recruiter. He gots to go.

Advertisement
His down fall was his recruiting, majority of us understand what he was given, so he should have been recruiting to get more talented guys, but he is obviously not a good recruiter.
His downfall was he wasn’t qualified for the job and failed in every aspect of it. He was the fcking TE coach at CMU a few years ago and was Penos’s buddy. That was his qualifications.

Might be wrong, but hard to believe Giants would have a young, first-time head coach bringing in longtime college OL coach with no pro experience. NY media was just throwing out names of possible candidates

I'm not flaming, but for those of you that want him gone, why? I am admittedly not an OL technique expert, but you don't become an NFL OL coach unless you have some chops. Looking at his history, Lovie Smith hired him and Koetter retained him when he was hired. How can he be so deficient that he should be canned after 1 year?

That said, the lack of OL recruiting this year was/is a problem. I'm not sure how much of that should fall on his lap and how much should fall on Manny's lap.

Advertisement
Back