Butch Barry out Garin Justise in at OL

Interesting looking dude. Looks like he's the child of Gary Busey and Art Kehoe. He's relatively overachieving on the wife front and I'm almost certain I played beer pong at Round Up against him and several other WVU linemen back in the day. Therefore....I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire.

Screenshot_20200111-131707_Gallery.jpg

Advertisement
Some of y'all saying he has a better resume than Searles and Barry... Lol let's be realistic here, Barry was in the NFL and Searles had a 20 years of experience alot in the SEC..

With that being said, I do like the hire. Out side of the box of a lifelong OL coach. Provides more value to the team then just having experience as a OL coach. I like that he was the only coach that Kiffin retained at FAU, shows me he's well respected.

I just hope he takes recruiting more serious than the other two..

Based on his resume he’s going to know how to coach Lashlees offense.

Advertisement
Im not sure how much of a difference he can make in year 1 unless the few prospects coming in are world beaters. This area has been neglected for so long with the recruiting being totally abysmal it might take a while.

Advertisement
He is an up and comer young guy who had a lot of pretty credible experience as an OL himself, who he played and coached under as OC/OL/HC. This can only help with the current guys and recruiting. He can relate so much better to these kids and has the background to prove it.

Advertisement
Interesting looking dude. Looks like he's the child of Gary Busey and Art Kehoe. He's relatively overachieving on the wife front and I'm almost certain I played beer pong at Round Up against him and several other WVU linemen back in the day. Therefore....I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire.

View attachment 108175

Also add Jaws from the movie Moonraker and I think you might have an exact DNA match.

Advertisement
Some of y'all saying he has a better resume than Searles and Barry... Lol let's be realistic here, Barry was in the NFL and Searles had a 20 years of experience alot in the SEC..

With that being said, I do like the hire. Out side of the box of a lifelong OL coach. Provides more value to the team then just having experience as a OL coach. I like that he was the only coach that Kiffin retained at FAU, shows me he's well respected.

I just hope he takes recruiting more serious than the other two..

Barry was an Assistant offensive line coach in the NFL for 4 years and a college offensive line coach for 1 year at central Michigan. I can’t find his other stops but at CMU he coached tight ends most of the time.

Professional coaching is great but he was the assistant coach. George Warhop was the offensive line coach and run game coordinator - his resume includes multiple stops as offensive line coach at the college and professional level. Barry was his assistant.

He’s said in interviews he’d look around if Barry was let go. I thought the reason Barry was still around was they were waiting until the kid was on campus.

he would have to sit a year cause it would be a transfer at this point. Why would he do that? His best friend is still going to Miami.

Advertisement
Back