Butch Barry out Garin Justise in at OL

Advertisement
Nice pickup...former WVU player under RichRod and actually was a very young HC at a small school in West Virginia. Turned that program around if I recall. I like OL coaches who worked and/or played under Rich Rod and Rick Trickett....our OL better be in tip top shape though.

Trickett's OL art FSU were a disaster

Advertisement
He seems like a perfect fit for the type of offense that Lashlee wants to run. Played under and coached under RichRod. He can't do any worse than Barry. **** this O-line was **** last year. ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
On the surface his young resume is actually better than Butch Barry’s. I like that he has coached under some respected coaches and coordinators and ran a (low level) program to a winning record. Cant hurt that he has ran an offense before either.

It would seem Manny has brought in someone who has more experience at head coaching than he does and also has play calling, strength training, and offensive line coaching experience. Never hurts to have people on staff who can backfill other roles as needed.

Manny had no say so on this. This is Lashlee hire.

He has SINGLE MOST critical task to save Manuela's HC tenure.

Blake and Diaz have essentially (knowingly or not) hitched their fate to Justice.

Can he work a miracle and get below average OL'rs up to even average performance?

He will secure an upwardly mobile next job if he does. Everyone in industry KNOWS how bad Miami's OL unit is.

Time will tell if he has a magic wand.

Advertisement
Good hire, he's a well-regarded, young coach who probably will continue rising up the coaching ladder quickly. He was a great player under Rich Rod and knows how to coach in a spread offense. Also supposed to be a good recruiter

He’s not known to be a good recruiter. Look him up before talking.

Advertisement
Back