Butch Barry out Garin Justise in at OL

On the surface his young resume is actually better than Butch Barry’s. I like that he has coached under some respected coaches and coordinators and ran a (low level) program to a winning record. Cant hurt that he has ran an offense before either.

It would seem Manny has brought in someone who has more experience at head coaching than he does and also has play calling, strength training, and offensive line coaching experience. Never hurts to have people on staff who can backfill other roles as needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
74CA982E-FC73-4CFA-8F60-49D815D3EF4F.gif

Nice pickup...former WVU player under RichRod and actually was a very young HC at a small school in West Virginia. Turned that program around if I recall. I like OL coaches who worked and/or played under Rich Rod and Rick Trickett....our OL better be in tip top shape though.
Donaldson is screwed. No more midnight runs to Finga Lick'n

Advertisement

Garin justice is an interesting hire. More of an up trending coach than an experienced one. Won 2 championships while being the head coach at concord university. He’s coaches OL, strength and conditioning, he’s been an offensive coordinator as well.

Not being debbie downer here...

Video looks/sounds identical to Kehoe, Searles, Barry, etc...etc...

So what will be next excuse when subpar OL athletes play like a subpar OL unit?

Can he recruit? Thats the key problem.

“Prior to his time at FAU, Justice was the head coach at Concord University (Athens, W. Va.), a program that had been winless (0-11) as recently as 2008, from 2011-15. In his five-year stint, the Mountain Lions were 40-17, which included a 13-1 season in 2014. Additionally, Justice led Concord to two conference championships and two NCAA Division II playoff appearances. On Justice's watch, 84 players were named All-West Virginia Athletic Conference or All-Mountain East Conference selections while two athletes earned Defensive WVIAC Player of the Year accolades in addition to 18 All-Region selections and eight All-American honorees.”

that’s what mostly stands out with me. I wish all of our coaches had accolades at least close to this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's your take? Looks like he has solid experience coaching up OL in our new scheme which is a good positive.
I'm not against it, I think he'll be an upgrade over Berry, I hope lol...

I like the fact he was actually a successful HC even if on the D2 level, he went 40-17 there in 5 years & came in as an OC/OL coach & helped turn them around from being an 0-11 team to winning 74% of their games.

I like that he's coached OL's & has called plays before, that leads me to believe he has strong understanding of what's required of Lineman in this offensive system & won't have our guys kick sliding like retards the same way Berry did.

“Prior to his time at FAU, Justice was the head coach at Concord University (Athens, W. Va.), a program that had been winless (0-11) as recently as 2008, from 2011-15. In his five-year stint, the Mountain Lions were 40-17, which included a 13-1 season in 2014. Additionally, Justice led Concord to two conference championships and two NCAA Division II playoff appearances. On Justice's watch, 84 players were named All-West Virginia Athletic Conference or All-Mountain East Conference selections while two athletes earned Defensive WVIAC Player of the Year accolades in addition to 18 All-Region selections and eight All-American honorees.”

that’s what mostly stands out with me. I wish all of our coaches had accolades at least close to this.

That's really impressive.

Advertisement
Back