Butch Barry out Garin Justise in at OL

Advertisement
Yeah, because none of you really know **** about this hire. You didn't know who this guy was before his name was posted here and are just regurgitating "he's a really good hire" because you see a few good tweets from people passing on second hand information about him.

I could have given even the best, most knowledgable posters here a chance to name 50 offensive line coaches they would have liked here and this guys name would have never been mentioned.

Maybe the hottest take one could have is...well, lets just let it play out before you **** over a hire, because this collective of fans tend to **** over every hire we make and try to find silver linings.

You think its abnormal to find silver linings or be optimistic as a fan?? Isn't that the very definition of a fan? I think you have it backwards. Spreading negativity & toxicity when the team that you follow fails to meet your unrealistic expectations is abnormal. Real/True fans ride for their squad regardless, and that's really what separates this fanbase from others that are loyal.

Patke is a terrific coach.

Our special teams jumped 30 to 40 spots in most coverage and return categories and Finley had another great season.

You can’t blame the kicking woes on him.

That’s not his job.
You have to be the only person on this board calling Patke a terrific coach. He better be some X’s and O’s genius bc he can’t recruit. I wouldn’t have kept one coach on that side of the ball. I probably would’ve only kept Fields and Hickson.

Yeah, because none of you really know **** about this hire. You didn't know who this guy was before his name was posted here and are just regurgitating "he's a really good hire" because you see a few good tweets from people passing on second hand information about him.

I could have given even the best, most knowledgable posters here a chance to name 50 offensive line coaches they would have liked here and this guys name would have never been mentioned.

Maybe the hottest take one could have is...well, lets just let it play out before you **** over a hire, because this collective of fans tend to **** over every hire we make and try to find silver linings.

Would you be making this same post if everyone hated this hire?

This is a message board. Would you be happier if every post said that they were withholding judgment until X amount of games have been played? Or if everyone gave the always popular, “prove it on the field” reaction to his hire.

And for the record. I already knew who he was. I follow Marshall so I am familiar with him from his playing days, his HC days and his FAU days. I knew he was at UNLV, even though I’ll admit that I haven’t watched his offense or OL there but yea, I like the hire.

Feel free to bump this if it doesn’t work out. If our OL continues to struggle, you or anyone bumping some old *** post of me liking the hire will be the least of my concerns.

Now Diaz MADE them do it? Wow.

Diaz wanted his players dancing on the sidelines he’s the HC you think our players were doing it on their own free will without him knowing? Were players dancing under Richt when we were losing games? No bc he would’ve chewed their asses out.

Advertisement
You have to be the only person on this board calling Patke a terrific coach. He better be some X’s and O’s genius bc he can’t recruit. I wouldn’t have kept one coach on that side of the ball. I probably would’ve only kept Fields and Hickson.
Agree u need to be able to recruit at an elite level at Miami. It has been proven if u can't, u do not last here

Last edited:

For someone who says we should wait and see the results before praising a hire, you're awfully comfortable with bashing it.

Justise is pretty well known as a rising star as a OL coach. He got a raw deal at Arizona because he had literally just been hired when Rich Rod got axed, but he's well deserving of being at the P5 level. He turned down at least 1 P5 OL offer last offseason to stay at UNLV as OL/OC.

If he wasn't on your top-50, you don't know enough about college football to even be commenting.

It's a very good hire on paper. Obviously that won't matter if the results aren't there. But it's a message board dude. People are allowed to discuss things

Advertisement
Patke is a terrific coach.

Our special teams jumped 30 to 40 spots in most coverage and return categories and Finley had another great season.

You can’t blame the kicking woes on him.

That’s not his job.

If that includes punting I'm sure Headly had something to do with that..

Punting involves coverage units, which are what Patke coaches.

He does not coaching kicking technique to kickers, which is all that’s involved in FG’s.

Right. Better punting and kick-offs (hang-time, placement, distance) can impact coverage success. So if you have a naturally good kicker he can automatically improve coverage numbers by creating easier tackles or putting the ball out of play and removing the need to tackle at all.

Advertisement
What do you mean by the second sentence, friend?
Like there must be something really wrong with the guy. Maybe a checkered past? Hitman work? On the run?

How did we end up getting him?

Us hiring what seems to be a logical candidate is messing with me.

Advertisement
Can’t be worse than it already is, right?

it always can, my man.

can this new OLC ‘croot? If so, we just brought on board 2 crooters. Hopefully Stubbs is gone and we can fill that position with another crooter

Kehoe was garbage and it’s a disgrace that he’s on the Miami Hall of Fame.

I don’t think he’s as bad as Stacey Searles though.

The facts just dont agree with you, i take it, you are a new Miami fan! The fact that you disagreeing with him being in the UM H.O.F. shows you either just started watching UM football, or dont know football!

Advertisement
Back