Butch Barry out Garin Justise in at OL

Advertisement

Garin justice is an interesting hire. More of an up trending coach than an experienced one. Won 2 championships while being the head coach at concord university. He’s coaches OL, strength and conditioning, he’s been an offensive coordinator as well.

Good energy

Advertisement
Y'all can jerk each other off in this thread...I'm just going to post in this thread for posterity for the future bump.

I'm abstaining from a take...and I'm going to let this play out. Its not like we hired Robbie Caldwell or Sam Pittman here, but he can't be worse than Butch Barry. I just have so little faith in Manny Diaz at this point, and I can't trust his judgment. I'm also not jizzing myself over Rhett Lashlee, but am hopeful he can boost our offense to the top half of the nation if we can find a QB worth a ****.

With that said...

People I trust that I know personally that know him personally and have worked with/played with him say he's pretty **** good as a coach and give a thumbs up to the hire.
The James Franklin eyetest of looking at a guys wife tells me he can recruit. He is one ugly MF'r and while his wife isn't a 10, he is definitely out of his league there, so...cool.
"Football guys" say its a good hire...but they thought Enos was a "homerun" hire, too. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I'm just abstaining and going to let him earn praise or scorn.

You bozos should probably do the same since most of you dopes loved the Butch Barry hire, too. BuT nFl Xp3r13nCe BrO.

Advertisement
Why doeshe have to be a recruiter? According to you Cane bashers all we have to do is win and recruiting takes care of itself implying no matter who the OL players were, that we could win with them.

Diaz is a loser. UNC. GT. FIU. DUKE. LT.

Pure Loser.

But, if I were a first time head coach and wanted to give full control of one side of the ball to my coordinator, I would definitely bring on a guy like this as my OL coach. He’s built a program out of nothing as a HC, has coached the position/been a Coord at the same tine, and has played and coached under a guy like RR.

He seems to be a perfect fit for what both Lashlee and Manure need....

I don’t know about his eye for talent, or his ability to develop players. Obviously both of those things are extremely important. But on the surface this seems like a good hire. I want Diaz’s *** out of here.

But I am cautiously optimistic that we won’t look like total *** again (on offense) in 2020.

Advertisement
Exactly the type of hires we need to make. Great combination of youthful energy and successful experience in many systems. No more retreads and 6 degrees of Miami.
Was thinking the same

I was also thinking this guy must have a few bodies on his name because something must be up

How anyone doesn’t have Patke on top of their lists of coach who should have gotten the axe.

Cant coach.
Cant recruit.
Had gotten a promotion to CO-DC and his contract might be silly compared to his results

Think about it?

Strikers regressed.
Special teams was a joke. (Hedley was properly coached prior to coming so he takes zero credit for the Aussie)
They all should be gone. I think @nystateofmind said Patke was the best coach on staff last year.

They all should be gone. I think @nystateofmind said Patke was the best coach on staff last year.
Patke is a terrific coach.

Our special teams jumped 30 to 40 spots in most coverage and return categories and Finley had another great season.

You can’t blame the kicking woes on him.

That’s not his job.

Advertisement
Y'all can jerk each other off in this thread...I'm just going to post in this thread for posterity for the future bump.

I'm abstaining from a take...and I'm going to let this play out. Its not like we hired Robbie Caldwell or Sam Pittman here, but he can't be worse than Butch Barry. I just have so little faith in Manny Diaz at this point, and I can't trust his judgment. I'm also not jizzing myself over Rhett Lashlee, but am hopeful he can boost our offense to the top half of the nation if we can find a QB worth a ****.

With that said...

People I trust that I know personally that know him personally and have worked with/played with him say he's pretty **** good as a coach and give a thumbs up to the hire.
The James Franklin eyetest of looking at a guys wife tells me he can recruit. He is one ugly MF'r and while his wife isn't a 10, he is definitely out of his league there, so...cool.
"Football guys" say its a good hire...but they thought Enos was a "homerun" hire, too. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I'm just abstaining and going to let him earn praise or scorn.

You bozos should probably do the same since most of you dopes loved the Butch Barry hire, too. BuT nFl Xp3r13nCe BrO.

So your hot take is to not have an opinion while criticizing anyone who does?

You mean he isn’t belittling and name a calling everyone during practice and on live tv? Not breaking clipboards screaming while the players are looking away?

So your hot take is to not have an opinion while criticizing anyone who does?

Yeah, because none of you really know **** about this hire. You didn't know who this guy was before his name was posted here and are just regurgitating "he's a really good hire" because you see a few good tweets from people passing on second hand information about him.

I could have given even the best, most knowledgable posters here a chance to name 50 offensive line coaches they would have liked here and this guys name would have never been mentioned.

Maybe the hottest take one could have is...well, lets just let it play out before you **** over a hire, because this collective of fans tend to **** over every hire we make and try to find silver linings.

Advertisement
Back