..but but CIS poRsters said Garcia is locked in with USC ...lol

jackbenimble71

Greentree All American and 7th Floor Crew wingman
Purgatory
Jake Garcia's father quoted on 247:

"Jake's committed to SC and he's loyal to SC," Randy said to ESPN.. "But things can change there, too. There's too many moving parts ... You've just got to keep your options open and he is, with the commitment still to SC."

Probst Valdosta coach:

"What do you think? I mean, I think that was part of the move too, somewhat," Propst said of Garcia being in ACC and SEC territory. "Without naming schools, I can name three that are going to be heavily involved, if not four heavily involved in trying to convince him to change his commitment. And they're all pretty close to here. So maybe five, maybe five schools right now that I know are wearing me out, calling me. They'll come when they can come."

UM and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee are known to be heavily involved. The staff was aware of the move by Garcia prior to the news being publicized

Advertisement
scared crazy eyes GIF by BBC

Signed,

Peruche

Unpopular opinion: Leave him in the dust.

We already have TVD on the roster, a good, young thrower. Go and get a D'eriq King type of athlete at QB.

Stagger the years AND the skill-sets.
You need to sign a QB every class or you put yourself in a position like FSU is in where they have a senior and a bunch of under classmen.

Advertisement

We already have TVD on the roster, a good, young thrower. Go and get a D'eriq King type of athlete at QB.

This is just silly.

D'Eriq King might come back for another year or he may be gone in 3 months. N'Kosi could leave at any point. Tathan probably never gets on the field again. Matocha is a big unknown at this time.

And for all of this, we should voluntarily give up on signing a QB, or sign some rando "athlete", all because we need to "stagger the years and skillsets" for Van Dyke? Good lord, we'd better surround Van Dyke with bubble wrap and let him take all of his classes from his dorm room, because we'd be one injury away from losing to GaTech.

Thank god you're not the head coach.

This is just silly.

D'Eriq King might come back for another year or he may be gone in 3 months. N'Kosi could leave at any point. Tathan probably never gets on the field again. Matocha is a big unknown at this time.

And for all of this, we should voluntarily give up on signing a QB, or sign some rando "athlete", all because we need to "stagger the years and skillsets" for Van Dyke? Good lord, we'd better surround Van Dyke with bubble wrap and let him take all of his classes from his dorm room, because we'd be one injury away from losing to GaTech.

Thank god you're not the head coach.

You just legitimized Matocha as an unknown? Dude, he hot garbage if TVD already passed him on the depth chart.

we don’t think the same lol. And I’m ok with that.

Advertisement
If Lashlee had only coach under Malzahn I’d say there’s no way you take a predominately pocket passer, but spending a couple seasons with Dykes, tells us he learned strong passing concepts. There’s no reason to think the offense couldn’t tailored to fit his skill set. It’s also foolish to sit and think that in three seasons the line can’t improve. I’m not as high on him as the recruiting services seem to be but even if he’s only a top 300 player, they should take him no questions asked.

I would be ok with this if there is a decent option that fits the D'eriq King mold that is available. If not, have to take any good QBs we can so we are not stuck with no depth.

Advertisement
I smell that sec stank already.
Let's look through them. If an SEC team swoops in and takes Garcia, what would shake loose?

Georgia: Vandergriff
Auburn: D. Davis
Bama: former Tex commit
LSU: Nuismeir
Gators: Del Rio

I don't think any other SEC schools remotely match the prestige of UM, so won't even consider them.

So if he goes to one of the schools, minus the gator commit, we've recruited all those guys hard.

Advertisement
Let's look through them. If an SEC team swoops in and takes Garcia, what would shake loose?

Georgia: Vandergriff
Auburn: D. Davis
Bama: former Tex commit
LSU: Nuismeir
Gators: Del Rio

I don't think any other SEC schools remotely match the prestige of UM, so won't even consider them.

So if he goes to one of the schools, minus the gator commit, we've recruited all those guys hard.
Tennessee, Miss State both have Top 247 types committed, too, I think. Missouri has Macon, who I'd love to see at Miami. Bigger version of King.

Ole Miss seems like the type of team that would get involved with Garcia.

Tennessee, Miss State both have Top 247 types committed, too, I think. Missouri has Macon, who I'd love to see at Miami. Bigger version of King.

Ole Miss seems like the type of team that would get involved with Garcia.
I agree on Macon, that's a take for me.

Ole Miss is interesting now with Lane Kiffin. Not sure they can build the necessary momentum this year with an SEC only schedule tho. They're gonna get pummeled all year.

This isn't a bad take to start trying for NEXT recruiting cycle. This cycle, however, we need at least one QB for depth purposes. I'd say Take Garcia this cycle if he comes and then start looking for a dual threat next year.

Advertisement
Back