Burgess Owens

lurk

Recruit
Does anyone remember the career of Burgess Owens here?

I'm hazy, but I thought he was one of the great players in UM history, that is rarely mentioned as one of our best. Sort of the same way I think of Ryan McNeil.

Advertisement
tenor (7).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Does anyone remember the career of Burgess Owens here?

I'm hazy, but I thought he was one of the great players in UM history, that is rarely mentioned as one of our best. Sort of the same way I think of Ryan McNeil.
Excellent player on terrible UM teams in the early 70s. Recruited out of Tallahassee Rickards HS. Drafted by the NY Jets. Played around a decade in the NFL as a DB, mostly with the Jets.

Advertisement
Lol OP with a divisive first post and named himself lurk. Band coming

Huh?

Not my first post, and not divisive. Where does that come from?

I remember the name and I thought he was a high draft pick when we sucked.

I was more into the Dolphins (went to EVERY game after 1969 until 2015. But UM (where I was born at Doctor's Hospital) was a tough watch until Schnellenberger took over.

Season ticket holder since ~1981 through today. And actually GO to every game. I wish all the people on this site could say the same. We need more ticket sales and that passion at the games.

Which former old-time Canes am I not allowed to ask about?

George Mira, Fran Curci, Don James, Jim Burt, Tony Cline, Harrah, Otto, Banaszak, Foreman, etc?

I'm thrilled there is a ban on people who start crud. I only wish speaking of novel virus (I'm not sure I can say the 5 letter word beginning "Co", ending "d19" with "vi" in the middle) was also in the same category of no-no's--- but that's an even tougher subject to police.

Heck, I've sent RVA plenty of notes for those concerns I've had of posts. Reading some of these posts can be exhausting. It give me a true respect for the task RVA has undertaken.

Now,....speaking 100% purely Cane Football, I'd welcome insight about him as a player--- unless that's a touchy subject. And if it's a touchy subject, I apologize and will gladly delete this thread.

Either way, sorry for getting anyone upset.

Advertisement
Back