Burgess Owens interview

Advertisement
My best friend in the Army was a black school teacher from NYC. We were stationed in Albany Georgia. This was in 1964 so we could not go out on the town together. He got out several weeks before me so I asked if he was going back to NYC. He surprised me and said he had a job in Georgia and was moving his family there. I was astonished so asked why. He said I know where I stand here but in NYC they pat you on the back and then stab you. He preferred honesty over hypocrisy, over the years things have changed, he is still in Georgia and has no desire to ever live in NYC. Great and thoughtful friend.
Geezer alert. 75 year old Cane. Congratulations on your interest in Canes sports. Here is hoping you post till you are 100.

fraggle said:
My best friend in the Army was a black school teacher from NYC. We were stationed in Albany Georgia. This was in 1964 so we could not go out on the town together. He got out several weeks before me so I asked if he was going back to NYC. He surprised me and said he had a job in Georgia and was moving his family there. I was astonished so asked why. He said I know where I stand here but in NYC they pat you on the back and then stab you. He preferred honesty over hypocrisy, over the years things have changed, he is still in Georgia and has no desire to ever live in NYC. Great and thoughtful friend.

Geezer alert. 75 year old Cane. Congratulations on your interest in Canes sports. Here is hoping you post till you are 100.

No problem Fraggle just consider the source.

Donkey troll @Hemsleysalmons has far greater issues than a well lived life.....Just remember

& He's worried about his family still in the stockyards so he strikes out at others

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back