Burgess officially flips to Loserville.

They did say his offer was pulled tho
But Corch Strong wants to play the game

Advertisement
why are people upset about this? havent we known that we pulled his offer over a month ago?

basically, one more all star game in the books where miami looks like ****.

Serious question, what credible source says we pulled his offer?

No credible source has said anything...but, using some intuition from seeing this stuff before...it kinda looks like that is a possibility.

Agree. A legacy kid who has been committed to us changes to Louisville, something must have happened.

Also, nobody really knows who is offered, whose offered was pulled, etc because coaches really can't really talk about recruiting. How many times does a player say he's being recruited by all the big schools and then ends up at FIU or some school like that?

It happens a lot at the MAC schools. Lots of partial or non-qualifiers will even sign the LOI with the MAC school knowing they can't get in and they'll go prep or JUCO in hopes to go to the Big 10 or another big school, but they'll sign awkwardly with the MAC school on NLOID.

James Burgess threw up the U then dropped his hand and had an L up. I bet Canes fans are upset.
10:10pm - 3 Jan 12

Facking douche

Advertisement
Maybe it wasn't pulled, but don't act like this a kid that was a huge priority. The kid was all butthurt early on in the process that we hadn't offered and said he wasn't even considering Miami and wanted to "make his own path" and not follow his dad. IMO, we only offered because 1)we wanted Waters to commit and 2)because we missed out on someone else we wanted.

why are people upset about this? havent we known that we pulled his offer over a month ago?

basically, one more all star game in the books where miami looks like ****.

Serious question, what credible source says we pulled his offer?

No credible source has said anything...but, using some intuition from seeing this stuff before...it kinda looks like that is a possibility.

Agree. A legacy kid who has been committed to us changes to Louisville, something must have happened.

Also, nobody really knows who is offered, whose offered was pulled, etc because coaches really can't really talk about recruiting. How many times does a player say he's being recruited by all the big schools and then ends up at FIU or some school like that?

Right I mean I understand by now how these things go down but it just seems odd to pull an offer to a legacy kid. Like you said, gotta be more to the story.

Its just this time of year you always see a lot of flip flopping, but you see even more bogus excuses as to why we dont land a kid. Just trying to make sense of it.

It's over. **** him and the horse he's going to be riding for the next few years.

Advertisement
Maybe it wasn't pulled, but don't act like this a kid that was a huge priority. The kid was all butthurt early on in the process that we hadn't offered and said he wasn't even considering Miami and wanted to "make his own path" and not follow his dad. IMO, we only offered because 1)we wanted Waters to commit and 2)because we missed out on someone else we wanted.

Good point, I forgot about that.

I agree that (especially if we land Brown) we really dont have much need in this class, just strange is all.

Aint even mad. Yeah, he plays a need position and is a legacy....but his whole situation smells to high heaven. He flipped to Louisville....not Uif/FSU or some other Big named school...something aint right and I think we all can guess at what is going on.

Advertisement
I just saw the video he also stated that another top LB out of Miami was coming with him. It sounds like Brown.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Personally I don't care about losing these guys, but what irritates me is they did it at the expense of the U...tired of these kids using miami as a way of attracting attention to themselves. Ex. Garmon Illinois, Miami, and Iowa; who would really give a **** to watch or pay attention to him if Miami wasn't in his top 3. Keith Brown if it was really down to just Illinois and Louisville would anyone care but throw the U in there and now you got everyone's attention...So glad news came out that Burgess scholly was pulled so he couldn't have his moment in the spotlight at the expense of Miami

Personally I don't care about losing these guys, but what irritates me is they did it at the expense of the U...tired of these kids using miami as a way of attracting attention to themselves. Ex. Garmon Illinois, Miami, and Iowa; who would really give a **** to watch or pay attention to him if Miami wasn't in his top 3. Keith Brown if it was really down to just Illinois and Louisville would anyone care but throw the U in there and now you got everyone's attention...So glad news came out that Burgess scholly was pulled so he couldn't have his moment in the spotlight at the expense of Miami

+1..... it seems like kids these days just want a Miami offer to get national attention from other schools...

Advertisement
Back