Burgess officially flips to Loserville.

i view this as a good thing. I am not commenting on how Burgess does at Louisville, bc he may turn into a great player. but it leads me to believe we are very confident w/ our other lbs recruits following through on their commitments. my point is, if we put the full court press on this legacy then i have to believe he would have stayed at UM. so i'm in the camp that we either directly pulled his offer or implicitly did by no longer contacting him.

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong Burgess is a good player. But **** when he committed and I saw he was 190 i was like here we go again

Now Keith Brown will be a major loss. Big athletic kid. Have no idea how Duke couldn't get him here

There's no way Burgess goes to Louisville unless his offer here was pulled. That seems obvious to me.

Advertisement
There HAS to be a story here. Doesn't make sense.

The story is we dropped him. I just don't think he's good enough to play here. He's too small, too fragile, and while he's good, he's not good ENOUGH to make up for those.

As I've been saying for a long while (sorry to sound repetitive), I think its a good thing we dropped him.

The story is we dropped him. I just don't think he's good enough to play here. He's too small, too fragile, and while he's good, he's not good ENOUGH to make up for those.

As I've been saying for a long while (sorry to sound repetitive), I think its a good thing we dropped him.

Plus rep for the consistency, however...

Is this kid not good enough to run down on kickoffs and punts? (yes, I do realize that you do not recruit specifically for special teams). I guess what Im saying is:
1) If we take no other linebackers, then redirecting Burgess to UL was a decision of numbers (position specific or total)
2) If we DO take another linebacker than we should assume it will be someone who is better than James Burgess, yes??

I think Burgess just isn't big enough imo. If kid weighed at least 205 he would be here. But **** 190?

No way we do that again. All our LBs coming in are 220 plus.

Golden made that comment about how tough it was to send 200 pound LBers out there after the South Florida game

Advertisement
I think Burgess just isn't big enough imo. If kid weighed at least 205 he would be here. But **** 190?

No way we do that again. All our LBs coming in are 220 plus.

Golden made that comment about how tough it was to send 200 pound LBers out there after the South Florida game
I know its hard to tell from pics but I'd be surprised if he were even 190. He's tiny with a small frame; He looks closer to 175 or 180. I know a lot of people who were disappointed when we took his commitment. He'd have problems ever seeing the field at Miami but it does suck to turn away legacies

Plus rep for the consistency, however...

Is this kid not good enough to run down on kickoffs and punts? (yes, I do realize that you do not recruit specifically for special teams). I guess what Im saying is:
1) If we take no other linebackers, then redirecting Burgess to UL was a decision of numbers (position specific or total)
2) If we DO take another linebacker than we should assume it will be someone who is better than James Burgess, yes??

SB.. I just really don't think he would be able to play at this level. He's not even a top recruit or sure starter for L'ville IMHO. He's WAY undersized (BTW, I don't think he even weighs 190lbs) and is a good, but not great player. Honestly, I'm not sure that he's a BCS type player. And he's not even that fast. Yikes.

Advertisement
Back