Burgess Becker Announcement

color me surprised if either guy signs with Miami next signing day

Why? Nothing's changed on where Miami stands, which is clearly really high. They just wanted the tryout to get media attention.

Seems like people enjoy being pessimistic lol.

Advertisement
Cam, et al, do you think Genron put them up to this stunt? I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I can think of 3 scenarios as to why/how this played out:

1) kids decided the whole time what they were doing and just wanted to play people
2) genron orchestrated the whole thing
3) the kids were intent on announcing but genron and company persuaded not to commit

None of these scenarios is a good one.

Cam, et al, do you think Genron put them up to this stunt? I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I can think of 3 scenarios as to why/how this played out:

1) kids decided the whole time what they were doing and just wanted to play people
2) genron orchestrated the whole thing
3) the kids were intent on announcing but genron and company persuaded not to commit

None of these scenarios is a good one.

this man gets it

Advertisement
I've seen some dirty **** happen in recruiting over the years, but this is near the worst. Blatant pimping of kids by grown men. Disgusting.

per amy campbell of scout:

...I spoke w Shawn last night & he told me he would likely wait. Said his mom didn't want him to announce this soon and he also felt that he didn't want to be put in an awkward situation down the line if he did want to take visits or change his mind. I just spoke with him and he confirmed to me that he and Calvin will both wait.

...I spoke w Shawn last night & he told me he would likely wait. Said his mom didn't want him to announce this soon and he also felt that he didn't want to be put in an awkward situation down the line if he did want to take visits or change his mind. I just spoke with him and he confirmed to me that he and Calvin will both wait.

i honestly prefer this. Due your due diligence, than become a Cane

Advertisement

i honestly prefer this. Due your due diligence, than become a Cane

Agreed, but that's quite a different perspective than what Cam posted.

This on topmofnansibmpar signing day is going to turn theism place to even bigger of a cluster ****.

Bunch of 19 year old kids playing everyone and everywhere.

We collectively are incredibly stupid to waste our precious time on all the BS.

I hate that I found these sites.

If there where a way to get electrocuted everytime I signed on I would buy that so I could finally get over my recruiting addiction which is a complete waste of time.

I feel bad for you cam- don't know you but I am sure you have better things to do with your life.

Advertisement

If there where a way to get electrocuted everytime I signed on I would buy that so I could finally get over my recruiting addiction which is a complete waste of time.

I feel bad for you cam- don't know you but I am sure you have better things to do with your life.

Jimmies rustled.

LMFAO. This has Genron sleaze all over it. Dont forget the tweets he started firing off to SBB as soon as it was reported he might be announcing. OR this was just a scam to get attention for their 7 on 7, which, of course, Genron is involved with.

7 on 7 has taken what was already an epic mess and turned it into a total gagglef*ck. The situation is totally out of control, and is a cesspool of corruption. High School coaches have to abide by some ethics and at least have SOME level of accountability, but the 7 on 7 thing has just become a meat market of sleaze with any hustler being able to get involved and start pimping these kids.

Dieter Kurtenbach ‏@dkurtenbach 3h

7-on-7 is the dirtiest of the dirty, but using two kids —seemingly against their will — In a media bait-and-switch plan? That’s a new low.

Expand
Jon Drummond ‏@LeaderoftheMen 46m

@dkurtenbach I don't think they had in mind no kind of mind games with the media.

Advertisement
Remind yourself that these are kids. Let them have the time of their lives.

Isn't that what Shapiro was doing deceiving having the time of his life.

Unbelievable how many excuses based people there are in this world.

What ever happened to, you are only worth your word.

Were in the lead no matter if they committed or not today you guys would lose your **** if these kids played games while committed. Just let it play out

It's like an addiction. And like any addition I find myself chasing the dragon but coming away less satisfied every year

Color me not the least bit surprised. People love attention and kids are no different. These two know it's their turn to be in the limelight, and it sounds like they did what kids are known to do - play games.

Advertisement
Back