"Built By Bama" ( 60 minutes special): An Inside Look Of What Mario Cristobal is bringing to Miami

Advertisement
Refuse to watch.

Will wait for the better version here.
Love it. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

I would watch it if their dynasty was primarily built around skill and just doing it better than the next guy. Sure, there is a lot of that, but mostly after it was bought and assembled. The only mold provided comes from spending big bucks, something we obviously had to learn in this day and age.

UM

Advertisement
Or he could just build his team in the mold of the ones he was on

He played for some decent coaches….

(yes I get the point but I’m tired of Saban getting so much credit for this dudes success)
No he could not. Yes the core intangibles like the attitude and work ethic of those teams is something he can try to establish, but the offensive, defensive, conditioning, and recruiting systems of the day compared to now would be completely antiquated. Unless you want our WRs in an old school track stance and some 240 lb linemen.

(yes I get the point but I’m tired of Saban getting so much credit for this dudes success)
I understand that. It seems though that Mario in every interview he has given goes out of his way to praise Saban/ Say that he wants to build
his team in the mold of those Bama teams. The inside look I thought was interesting because you see the level of detail and financial commitment that is about to pour here in the next 10 years.

Saint Schnelly, His Most Holy Coiffed One, and Butch DAW GAWD allow Bama to exist.

elz7voRdxvdf0d1xYQ.gif

Advertisement

To be fair, Mario gives alot of credit to Saban.. Nothing wrong with that, dude is the modern day blueprint of the biggest dynasty of the day.. They are the standard and Saban basically runs a coaches rehab on the side.. Mario talks fondly of his time there and what he learned, he was able to go to Oregon and basically do a test run and we are better for it..

Facts I’m tired of all the youngins talking about building it like Bama, for y’all that are too young to remember it was done in Miami! Saban stole the blueprint from us!

Advertisement
To be fair, Mario gives alot of credit to Saban.. Nothing wrong with that, dude is the modern day blueprint of the biggest dynasty of the day.. They are the standard and Saban basically runs a coaches rehab on the side.. Mario talks fondly of his time there and what he learned, he was able to go to Oregon and basically do a test run and we are better for it..
Absolutely. Not taking anything away from Saban obviously

But sheesh. Built by Bama…woof.

The only thing these 2 programs have in common is hard work and one, well out worked the other. Bama's based on money. Not the greatest coach of all time. He used the NFL as a blueprint on what to build and they gave it all to him. Most money for staffing. Given 10× the off field coaching. Add in the dark money recruiting and their you go, the greatest coach in history. Money! As always, now rivals are stepping up with money. Saban will retire about the time Miami and A&M are in this short playoff list with the few.

Advertisement
Here’s what a Bammer poster, that posts here, had to say.

These guys want new rules to restrict everyone else, while of course they will break the rules like they always have. I admire Alabama for what they’ve done, not just recruiting wise but infrastructure wise. But give me a break.

They have never been about following NCAA rules.

Not necessarily the ACC and a few others. I can't believe the stonewalling and downright politicking going on when those who need it most are refusing to play the game. I certainly agree that NILs and the magic portal are changing the dynamics and I guess only time tells that story as far as college football having more parity. But right now it feels like fans and coaches are getting overwhelmed by the law of unintended consequences.

Some college teams are obviously outright recruiting high school players through NIL. That's a stipulated no-no. Until cooler heads and smarter minds straighten this out with some universal bylaws, that we all can live with, it continues to be the biggest problem in the game.

I really appreciate you leaving this post and your views.

I have to say that it’s somewhat hypocritical for an Alabama fan to now advocate “universal bylaws“, or in other words laws/restrictions to what colleges can do, when your school/boosters have made cheating into an superior art form unmatched by anyone except a small handful, like maybe Georgia to some extent and LSU, and one or two more schools.

So now that the field is somewhat being made more level, you want rules to limit what a school can do, when you haven’t followed player payment rules to begin with?
Not to take any thing away from your historically superior coach, or the incredible infrastructure and program that you have built with a seemingly bottomless supply of funds, more power to you, but now we can do the same without worrying about getting dinged.

Prior to this year, Alabama had a full panoply of methods to pay players, and an acquiescent Emmert/NCAA that looked the other way for over a decade.

No, no thanks, we don’t want your bylaws, that you’re going to break anyway, while making sure that it is enforced for schools like ours.

Now that the playing field is somewhat starting to level, at least hopefully, these guys want rules enforcement. Hilarious!

Best thing that could have happened to is was have Mario pit stop at Bama. When he talks about building this team in the mold of Alabama this is what he means:

Yeah, I was angry about it at the time, but it's looking **** good in retrospect. I wish that Golden would have taken 3 or 4 extra weeks to announce the hiring of his coaches, would have saved a lot of anger directed towards Mario.

Advertisement
Back