Building the trenches

Hstokes1447

Junior
Over the past few classes this staff has built a very solid foundation of talent in the trenches both on offense and defense. With this 2020 class, If all stay committed and this staff lands the guys we expect them to (Walker & Denis), this team will be able to go into the season 3 deep with scholarship players at every position on both the offensive and defensive lines.

2018 OLine Class
OT DJ Scaife 4star (Should start at LT this season)
OT John Campbell 3star (Competing for the starting spot at RT)
OG Cleveland Reed 4star (Competing for the starting spot at RG)

2018 DLine Class
DT Nesta Silvera 4star (Competing for the starting spot at DT)
DT Jordan Miller 3star (Should see some action at DT)
DE Gregory Rousseau 3star (Competing for the starting spot at DE)

2019 OLine Class
OT Zion Nelson 3star (Competing for the starting spot at LT)
OT Adam ElGammal 3star
OG Ousman Traore 3star (Expected to push for playing time at LG)
C Jakai Clark 3star (Expected to push for playing time at C)
C Tommy Kennedy 3star (Expected to push for playing time at C)

2019 DLine Class
DT Chigozie Nnoruka Transfer (Competing for the starting spot at DT)
DT Jason Blissett 4star
DT Jared Harrison-Hunte 3star
DT Jalar Holley 3star
DE Jaelan Phillips 5star Transfer
DE Jahfari Harvey 4star (Expected to push for playing time at DE)
DE Cameron Williams 3star
DE Trevon Hill 3star Transfer (Competing for the starting spot at DE)

2020 OLine Class
OT Jalen Rivers 4star (will EE)
OT Issiah Walker Jr. 4star
OT Chris Washington 3star
OG Jonathan Denis 4star
C Antonio Smith 3star (will EE)

2020 DLine Class
DT Willie Moise 4star
DT Elijah Roberts 3star (will start at DE but will eventually become a DT)
DT Tre'von Riggins 3star
DE Chantz Williams 4star (will EE)
DE Romello Height 3star (will EE)
DE Quentin Williams 3star

*13 Offensive Lineman
*17 Defensive Lineman

Advertisement
Is the Cayden Baker kid a for sure take on the OL? Because hes in that image that Denis and Walker have posted. Only reason I'm asking is because I just havent heard his name much aside from that image. But hes also on commit watch according to the saturday thread on here.

Is the Cayden Baker kid a for sure take on the OL? Because hes in that image that Denis and Walker have posted. Only reason I'm asking is because I just havent heard his name much aside from that image. But hes also on commit watch according to the saturday thread on here.

Baker is on watch Walker and Denis commitments now, an if Miami has room he is a signing week commitable offer.

Go Canes

Advertisement
You really penciling Walker into our class? We're having to take in such large quantities, particularly at defensive line because Kool for two straight cycles sucked at bringing in depth.

Coach Kool however did coach the crap out of the players we did have. Let's not get it twisted now he is the master of turning lumps of coals into diamonds.

Go Canes

Coach Kool however did coach the crap out of the players we did have. Let's not get it twisted now he is the master of turning lumps of coals into diamonds.

Go Canes

Ok, so how does that relate to him sucking *** at recruiting and not leaving Miami with quality depth? Kool's a good D-line coach, but let's not act like he's turned every single project into a bonafide quality player (see Tyreic Martin).

Ok, so how does that relate to him sucking *** at recruiting and not leaving Miami with quality depth? Kool's a good D-line coach, but let's not act like he's turned every single project into a bonafide quality player (see Tyreic Martin).

Martin needed more time with Coach Kool, he wasn't finished cooking.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Manny singled out Jon Ford during a radio interview. Looks like he's a lock to start.

This is huge. Really Huge. Jon Ford has first round ability if the light comes on and he puts it all together. 6'5 300 and his quickness? Kool loved him so much he didn't see the need to recruit any other DTs that year. LOL. All he needed was Ford and he was good to go! Not smart of course but goes to show he loved Fords potential.

Advertisement
You really penciling Walker into our class? We're having to take in such large quantities, particularly at defensive line because Kool for two straight cycles sucked at bringing in depth.
I like taking the 17 or so guys. I believe our biggest strengths is let the cream rise to the top. The guys who lack grit will transfer to the portal. It's easy to me. 2020 Needs to be paced however and we should have a truly balanced class.

Advertisement
We have had some very impressive talent on the dline since manny and co has been here. Many people gave them sh*t about not retooling the dline But man have they responded in a big way. And we got jaelan Phillips who is going to be in Miami’s strength and conditioning program next month. That kid is SCARY good and an elite level athlete. If all goes well he has top 5 pick ability in the draft

Advertisement
Back