BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

Its going to be impossible for him to not have some type of early success. I could see him winning 4-5 next year just with upgrading talent alone....then maybe pushing to 6-7 in year two.

I will be intrigued what happens beyond that...Oregon, USC, UCLA, Washington, and Utah are all going to recruit well (obviously Oregon and USC a bit more the other 3 next tier down). But then Oregon St and Arizona are in that phase of can they take the next step.

Advertisement
I mean they went 1-11 this past season so Sanders isn't wrong for wanting to kick the program in the *** right out the gate...... Now can turn the program around??? We'll see...
He's in a no lose situation if you think about it.... Even if they only get 4 wins next season it's a drastic improvement.... Gonna be fun to see how this plays out...
Buffs byke bïtches!!!!

How looney toons will CIS get if Coach Prime steers Boulder to a better record in Y1 than Big Manny in Y2??

yr7n0u3qzO9nG.gif

Buffs byke bïtches!!!!
It only took 30+ years...LOL!!!!
My last memory of them being good was when Kordell Stewart was there with Michael Westbrook and they beat Michigan with that Hail Mary if I'm correct.... I think they split the National Title that year as well....

Advertisement
How many wins you think they get next year? I'm thinking 3 tops. Could be realllll ugly to start the year and if Lincoln Riley wants to prove anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221205_091943_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221205_091943_Samsung Internet.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 25
How many wins you think they get next year? I'm thinking 3 tops. Could be realllll ugly to start the year and if Lincoln Riley wants to prove anything.

I don’t see them winning a conference game to be quite frank.

Coaches are graded based off the production displayed on field … I have zero issues with a coach saying “Yall can go”! His job is on the line if he keep those scrubs meanwhile the kids still get the good life.

Advertisement
So much for the whole HBCU movement. He dipped at the first chance he got.

My guess is that someday he wants to compete for national titles and not just SWAC titles. I would have liked to see his team compete in the FCS playoffs. Having their champ game after the playoffs start is odd.

The roster will look nothing like it currently does so it makes something like this difficult.

But, I don't think making a bowl game is out of consideration. Shedeur Sanders is a top half of the conference QB...one that had 3 transfers (Caleb Williams, Penix, Bo Nix) as their first, second, and third team All-Conference players. Two of those players were castaways from their previous schools. That should change your outlook quickly, IMO. He's bringing in one of the best players in the conference (Travis Hunter).

Colorado might be the worst program in the P5 from a roster and culture perspective. Stew Mandel said in this week's podcast that everyone he knew at Colorado thought it was basically a hopeless job before Sanders showed up. So the start point is about as low as it can get.

The roster will look nothing like it currently does so it makes something like this difficult.

But, I don't think making a bowl game is out of consideration. Shedeur Sanders is a top half of the conference QB...one that had 3 transfers (Caleb Williams, Penix, Bo Nix) as their first, second, and third team All-Conference players. Two of those players were castaways from their previous schools. That should change your outlook quickly, IMO. He's bringing in one of the best players in the conference (Travis Hunter).

Colorado might be the worst program in the P5 from a roster and culture perspective. Stew Mandel said in this week's podcast that everyone he knew at Colorado thought it was basically a hopeless job before Sanders showed up. So the start point is about as low as it can get.

In His team meeting, He seemed to imply that He was bringing 10 with Him from JSU. I've been watching them play this year, and they have some kids that can play at UM outside of Shedeur, Travis, & Coleman.

Advertisement
Wasn’t the word that prime out in a lot less time than normal fbs coaches?

Colorado is coming! Up with the money to pay him. AD admitted they didn't have the cash yet to pay his salary which is crazy to say for the AD. He's getting 5.9 a year and 4 million for assistants. But Colorado doesn't have the money... YET lol

Advertisement
In His team meeting, He seemed to imply that He was bringing 10 with Him from JSU. I've been watching them play this year, and they have some kids that can play at UM outside of Shedeur, Travis, & Coleman.
Those Jackson State players he is bringing with him will be the Top 10 players on the team immediately. He will be portal hunting throughout the entire process.

This Colorado team is bad bad. He can turn it around faster than most people think, IMO. Depending on the roster turnover, he could make a bowl game in Year 1 in a perfect world and if things break right. Year 2 if things don't break right.

Lance Leipold got Kansas to a bowl game by his SECOND season. It took Bielema until his second season to get Illinois to a bowl game.

Those Jackson State players he is bringing with him will be the Top 10 players on the team immediately. He will be portal hunting throughout the entire process.

This Colorado team is bad bad. He can turn it around faster than most people think, IMO. Depending on the roster turnover, he could make a bowl game in Year 1 in a perfect world and if things break right. Year 2 if things don't break right.

Lance Leipold got Kansas to a bowl game by his SECOND season. It took Bielema until his second season to get Illinois to a bowl game.
At 1-11 anything he does is a step up... LOL!!!... I mentioned earlier in the thread he's in a no lose situation at Colorado..

Advertisement
Back