Bubba Bolden emerging as a true team leader

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Not just on the field but in the classroom, too. From an article by Christy Chirinos for Miami Athletics

Bolden enrolled at Miami in 2019, emerged as a physical presence in the Hurricanes’ defensive backfield and now, the safety is one of Miami’s stars in the classroom.

This week, Bolden – a sociology major – was one of nine Hurricanes to earn a spot on the 2020 All-ACC Academic football team joining kicker Jose Borregales (liberal studies), safety Amari Carter (public administration), cornerback DJ Ivey (sociology), long snapper Clay James (sport administration), quarterback D’Eriq King (liberal studies), defensive end Jaelan Phillips (motion pictures production), defensive end Quincy Roche (liberal studies) and offensive lineman Jarrid Williams (liberal studies).

All nine of the Hurricanes maintained a 3.0 grade point average for the previous semester and have maintained a cumulative 3.0 average throughout the course of their academic careers. Miami’s nine selections on the team were a program-best for the Hurricanes, who also finished the season with an 8-3 record and were ranked No. 22 in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll.

Bolden hopes his teammates – particularly Miami’s freshmen and sophomores – will be inspired by what he and his eight fellow All-ACC Academic Football Team honorees did. And he believes the Hurricanes veterans can and will continue setting the tone.

“My main thing is to keep everybody on pace and lead by example,” Bolden said. “I feel like by leading by example, with the guys that we have and the guys that are on this All-ACC academic team, if we do our jobs, we can have even more people on the [All-ACC Academic Football Team].”

Advertisement
Good for them....

They have a full plate on their schedule with just football, be a student and of course find time to play/be a young adult

Bolden has all the ability in the world. The one thing holding him back is his physicality. That will surely improve with a normal off-season and weight program. He made such a smart decision coming back. He has all the tools, keeping those instincts while getting bigger, stronger, and faster is going to pay off for him big time. No reason he shouldn’t be in the running for an All-ACC spot and Day 2 pick next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not just on the field but in the classroom, too. From an article by Christy Chirinos for Miami Athletics

Bolden enrolled at Miami in 2019, emerged as a physical presence in the Hurricanes’ defensive backfield and now, the safety is one of Miami’s stars in the classroom.

This week, Bolden – a sociology major – was one of nine Hurricanes to earn a spot on the 2020 All-ACC Academic football team joining kicker Jose Borregales (liberal studies), safety Amari Carter (public administration), cornerback DJ Ivey (sociology), long snapper Clay James (sport administration), quarterback D’Eriq King (liberal studies), defensive end Jaelan Phillips (motion pictures production), defensive end Quincy Roche (liberal studies) and offensive lineman Jarrid Williams (liberal studies).

All nine of the Hurricanes maintained a 3.0 grade point average for the previous semester and have maintained a cumulative 3.0 average throughout the course of their academic careers. Miami’s nine selections on the team were a program-best for the Hurricanes, who also finished the season with an 8-3 record and were ranked No. 22 in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll.

Bolden hopes his teammates – particularly Miami’s freshmen and sophomores – will be inspired by what he and his eight fellow All-ACC Academic Football Team honorees did. And he believes the Hurricanes veterans can and will continue setting the tone.

“My main thing is to keep everybody on pace and lead by example,” Bolden said. “I feel like by leading by example, with the guys that we have and the guys that are on this All-ACC academic team, if we do our jobs, we can have even more people on the [All-ACC Academic Football Team].”

Not gonna lie, I didn't think Bubba had this in him early on and great to see that he has this extra gear.

I thought it was going to bail early like Phillips and Jordan. The fact he came back and is showing this type of leadership—little things like this are steps in the right direction for the program.

Manny still has a lot to prove, but he's reeled in some character guys instead of characters and a few more classes and Transfer Portal pulls will bode well for the future.

Advertisement
Hope he has a long, productive NFL career because a sociology degree isn't worth much more than the paper its printed on.
He better hope he succeeds a degree like that means he’s moving back home to add stress to mom and dad’s golden years of raising him a second time .

Hope he has a long, productive NFL career because a sociology degree isn't worth much more than the paper its printed on.
He better hope he succeeds a degree like that means he’s moving back home to add stress to mom and dad’s golden years of raising him a second time .

2 of the dumbest posts on CIS, ever, Congrats guys.

Advertisement
Good for them....

They have a full plate on their schedule with just football, be a student and of course find time to play/be a young adult

The real worlds full plate awaits , there full plate is
Free food
Free medical
Free room and board
Free school
Free whatever else left out

I get your point true but getting to class and practice and a free lunch on time for (4) years compared to what’s waiting in work place , I don’t has overwhelming concern for being tough 😁

He’s living a dream easy life for NOW LOLOL.

My respectful contrasting point of view

GOCANES

2 of the dumbest posts on CIS, ever.
I see my point hit the target well , point made.

I come to make the comfortable uncomfortable.

Drive around a residential neighborhood and see all the cars crammed in front yard , those are college graduates with weak silly degrees that the work place doesn’t need .

Saying a post is dumb without a contrasting view

I’ll give you a compliment like I love to do in all I do in finding good in all things and bring it to light.

You didn’t name call me or our attack me , not bad good for you in being considerate 😍

GOCANES

The real worlds full plate awaits , there full plate is
Free food
Free medical
Free room and board
Free school
Free whatever else left out

I get your point true but getting to class and practice and a free lunch on time for (4) years compared to what’s waiting in work place , I don’t has overwhelming concern for being tough 😁

He’s living a dream easy life for NOW LOLOL.

My respectful contrasting point of view

GOCANES

Scholarship players don't get a free education, they TRADE their talents for an education.

If it was free, all non-athletes would be in school.

Advertisement
Back