Bubba bolden committed

Yea carter is at his best blitzing and coming downhill in the run game. You put him in space or get him in coverage then that's when problems occur.

You really dont seem like you've watched carter, about his only weakness has been coming downhill to make tackles in open space, other than that his pass coverage skills have been on point, qb's hardly ever throw to the guy he's covering. With him going into his third year, im sure he'll improve to a certain degree, he has a chance now to be among the elite!

Advertisement
I didn't pay much attention to him in HS because we weren't on him, but watching multiple videos of Bolden makes me think he can step right into that Jaquan Johnson role of our D and be a playmaker. He looks like he thinks the game as well as he plays it, always seems to be in good position - great instincts and reaction speed.

Someone summarize - is he 3/3 and available to play immediately? Enrolling now?

So you like him better than Quan, Carter or Hall coming out of HS? That's some high praise.

He’s in same league as those guys. Like all 4. More size, more of a prototype. The kids we hve now are beasts, and possible staters rest of their career. He simply adds to it. 3 man competition imo. He is a traditional free, Carter is a box safety, hall has the ability to play either

Advertisement
nice little bishop Gorman pipeline
I know Gorman is the premier HS program in Nevada but ... color me a little skeptical as to how good HS football is out there. Brevin was very good (considering he had no QB to target him successfully) but 5 star Jalen Grimble was a total bust.

Advertisement
You really dont seem like you've watched carter, about his only weakness has been coming downhill to make tackles in open space, other than that his pass coverage skills have been on point, qb's hardly ever throw to the guy he's covering. With him going into his third year, im sure he'll improve to a certain degree, he has a chance now to be among the elite!
His coverage has not been on point because he hasn't been in coverage much. Go watch the film. The times when he is on the field in passing situations diaz would have him at LB and not safety. And i said his problems are in space. Coming downhill and playing in space a 2 different things.

I could be wrong but would like to see the know the games where carter was playing this great coverage.

Advertisement
I know Gorman is the premier HS program in Nevada but ... color me a little skeptical as to how good HS football is out there. Brevin was very good (considering he had no QB to target him successfully) but 5 star Jalen Grimble was a total bust.

They play a national schedule.(see them playing st thomas aquinas a few times) Grimble was a tweener and may have looked better in a diff scheme.

Advertisement

Which is why they play a national schedule before their instate one starts. When Bubba Brevin and Tate were all on that team, they were on tv 3 or 4 times a year. They won 2 or 3 straight national championships. You don’t do that if you only play nobody’s

Big. Huge.epic..given our situation those words are fitting. Banda gonna coach him up. Just don’t get homesick on us bubba. Let’s ride

Our backend is extremely young, yet very talented. I look forward to watching these young men evolve and continue our DBU streak.

Advertisement
Back