2028 Brysen Wright WR Mandarin

honestly asking because I've not turned a ton of attention to the 28 class yet.....and I know Wright is top of the board type #1 WR prospect but how does he compare to Jeremiah Smith coming out? Is Wright considered as "cant miss" as Jeremiah was?

Would love to hear some thoughts / opinions from those closer to this one than me at the moment
Yes he is a cant miss like JS, if we land him we officially become WRU again over OSU or would be on that level of that narrative changing. Thats how big a WR get like this would be
 
Pretty much, yes. He's fully expected to be a Jeremiah Smith level impact player wherever he goes. Just about as good of a prospect as you can get, although if we're splitting hairs, I do think JJ was probably *slightly* higher in the eyes of scouts. Like a once-a-decade player versus a once-every few years player? Either way, he's the #1 WR prospect in the country for a reason, he's about as insane as they come and if he comes here, he's going to be an immediate Heisman contender. He's absurd.
love it, thanks for the response! Mario finally bucked the 5* WR trend for the Canes, so lets Wright comes to the good guys!
 
honestly asking because I've not turned a ton of attention to the 28 class yet.....and I know Wright is top of the board type #1 WR prospect but how does he compare to Jeremiah Smith coming out? Is Wright considered as "cant miss" as Jeremiah was?

Would love to hear some thoughts / opinions from those closer to this one than me at the moment
I still havent seen verified numbers to say if he has complete package like Jeremiah.. Based on hype I would say yea but who knows.. His pops quote of saying they keep players out of certain events so they dont lose rankings or scholarships raised eyebrows for me.. MIGHT be a high school contested catch merchant dominating po lil timmys..

Disclaimer: Im just playing devils advocate but he only has soph film, still 2 years left but weighing the hype with the film, looks like a big strong WR that plays both offense and defense, great prospect.. I dont see jeremiah explosiveness off the line, you can watch both film back 2 back, watch jeremiah at Pace if you have to..
 
Shhhhh...
IMG_7266.jpeg
 
I still havent seen verified numbers to say if he has complete package like Jeremiah.. Based on hype I would say yea but who knows.. His pops quote of saying they keep players out of certain events so they dont lose rankings or scholarships raised eyebrows for me.. MIGHT be a high school contested catch merchant dominating po lil timmys..

Disclaimer: Im just playing devils advocate but he only has soph film, still 2 years left but weighing the hype with the film, looks like a big strong WR that plays both offense and defense, great prospect.. I dont see jeremiah explosiveness off the line, you can watch both film back 2 back, watch jeremiah at Pace if you have to..
except he doesnt do it against po lil timmy's its typically against high level div 1 kids.

this year he will go against our two db commits rather early.(Mcarthur) Last year IMG, bradford, buscholz, first coast, st aug is a good grouping.

Then he beats up on the big dogs at every camp he attends and performs highly on the 7 on 7 circuit.

He aint explosive as Jeremiah foreal i think JJ has more bust an long speed which puts him above as a prospect for me.
But this kid will be a lay up as a player just has to stay away from injury...he likely couldve gotten reps for us ...Last year honestly in the CFP and we wouldnt have known any different
 
except he doesnt do it against po lil timmy's its typically against high level div 1 kids.

this year he will go against our two db commits rather early.(Mcarthur) Last year IMG, bradford, buscholz, first coast, st aug is a good grouping.

Then he beats up on the big dogs at every camp he attends and performs highly on the 7 on 7 circuit.

He aint explosive as Jeremiah foreal i think JJ has more bust an long speed which puts him above as a prospect for me.
But this kid will be a lay up as a player just has to stay away from injury...he likely couldve gotten reps for us ...Last year honestly in the CFP and we wouldnt have known any different
Yea I know he is pride and joy of 7 on 7 circuit.. He literally got a whole marketing machine behind him to point, they traded him off his team to try to be better marketed for Nick Lannear, :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

I just dont like the JJ comp, because you watch one play of JJ taking off the line and you dont have to see anymore, again I added disclaimer kid is legit but you already know on here everyone obsessed with JJ but that bar is set extremely high.. Also he is going into his junior year, extremely young athlete who can take a leap
 
except he doesnt do it against po lil timmy's its typically against high level div 1 kids.

this year he will go against our two db commits rather early.(Mcarthur) Last year IMG, bradford, buscholz, first coast, st aug is a good grouping.

Then he beats up on the big dogs at every camp he attends and performs highly on the 7 on 7 circuit.

He aint explosive as Jeremiah foreal i think JJ has more bust an long speed which puts him above as a prospect for me.
But this kid will be a lay up as a player just has to stay away from injury...he likely couldve gotten reps for us ...Last year honestly in the CFP and we wouldnt have known any different
Yea I know he is pride and joy of 7 on 7 circuit.. He literally got a whole marketing machine behind him to point, they traded him off his team to try to be better marketed for Nick Lannear, :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

I just dont like the JJ comp, because you watch one play of JJ taking off the line and you dont have to see anymore, again I added disclaimer kid is legit but you already know on here everyone obsessed with JJ but that bar is set extremely high.. Also he is going into his junior year, extremely young athlete who can take a leap
JJ is a phenom bruh, you just have to see him off the line in two seconds to know. You can shut the tape off after that.
 
Yea I know he is pride and joy of 7 on 7 circuit.. He literally got a whole marketing machine behind him to point, they traded him off his team to try to be better marketed for Nick Lannear, :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

I just dont like the JJ comp, because you watch one play of JJ taking off the line and you dont have to see anymore, again I added disclaimer kid is legit but you already know on here everyone obsessed with JJ but that bar is set extremely high.. Also he is going into his junior year, extremely young athlete who can take a leap
yea they are diff type of players.

HS MORE OF A COURTLAND SUTTON TYPE THAN A JULio JONES
 
except he doesnt do it against po lil timmy's its typically against high level div 1 kids.

this year he will go against our two db commits rather early.(Mcarthur) Last year IMG, bradford, buscholz, first coast, st aug is a good grouping.

Then he beats up on the big dogs at every camp he attends and performs highly on the 7 on 7 circuit.

He aint explosive as Jeremiah foreal i think JJ has more bust an long speed which puts him above as a prospect for me.
But this kid will be a lay up as a player just has to stay away from injury...he likely couldve gotten reps for us ...Last year honestly in the CFP and we wouldnt have known any different
Yea I know he is pride and joy of 7 on 7 circuit.. He literally got a whole marketing machine behind him to point, they traded him off his team to try to be better marketed for Nick Lannear, :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

I just dont like the JJ comp, because you watch one play of JJ taking off the line and you dont have to see anymore, again I added disclaimer kid is legit but you already know on here everyone obsessed with JJ but that bar is set extremely high.. Also he is going into his junior year, extremely young athlete who can take a leap
He’s more than a 7on7 phenom. He’s been bodying people in good ol’ fashioned tackle football since his first game as a freshman.
 
Yea I know he is pride and joy of 7 on 7 circuit.. He literally got a whole marketing machine behind him to point, they traded him off his team to try to be better marketed for Nick Lannear, :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

I just dont like the JJ comp, because you watch one play of JJ taking off the line and you dont have to see anymore, again I added disclaimer kid is legit but you already know on here everyone obsessed with JJ but that bar is set extremely high.. Also he is going into his junior year, extremely young athlete who can take a leap
Great point and he is the youngest amongst his class. Kid hasn’t turned 16 yet so I'm fascinated as to how he will avoid boredom from domination to reach a whole other level.

IMG_0921.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Pretty much, yes. He's fully expected to be a Jeremiah Smith level impact player wherever he goes. Just about as good of a prospect as you can get, although if we're splitting hairs, I do think JJ was probably *slightly* higher in the eyes of scouts. Like a once-a-decade player versus a once-every few years player? Either way, he's the #1 WR prospect in the country for a reason, he's about as insane as they come and if he comes here, he's going to be an immediate Heisman contender. He's absurd.
Only question is when Wright gets to campus will he be a physical machine like…the other guy. He got to OSU physically able to dominate CBs
 
Only question is when Wright gets to campus will he be a physical machine like…the other guy. He got to OSU physically able to dominate CBs

IMO, yes. In that regard they’re similar players. I think JJ is a touch more explosive. Like short shuttle stuff, JJ will have better times. But Wright is very advanced physically. He’s a really big kid, especially for his age. Not quite as think (pause the pause) as JJ yet but he’s going to be able to push DBs around from jump.

He’s the best WR prospect since JJ. Nobody in 2025, 2026, 2027, or 2028 is a better prospect than him.
 
This is a man amongst boys. Ever since he blew up last summer or whenever it’s just ridiculous what he does. Not only is he better than everyone, he’s so dominant in doing it. And just a different specimen than everyone else. I hate saying kids should reclassify bc maybe they’re not in a place to speed up their life like that, but this kid would compete for targets rn. Forget moving to ‘27, he could play now
 
Back
Top