Bryce Perkins

Advertisement
Oh you mean the blitz that was pretty well disguised and frenchy didn't even see coming that resulted in a turnover...
If you're a DB and you're looking into the backfield in man coverage, you're getting roasted.

Nah we teach it all the time. The point I'm making is Virginia doesn't have the athletes to run by us and threaten us over top and Perkins doesn't hit those kinds of throws often anyway.

Bandy does it all the time and we had that kind DB play against ND with DBs not scared of the QB or WRs and they played aggressive. Checks on Wimbush on the snap before playing the route. Engage your guy at the LOS and peek in the back field. Didn't mean to keep your eyes in the backfield. Just give a good check to see if he keeps it or the play is designed to come your way.

For those of you that have seen Perkins play, can he execute the short to intermediate passing game with precision. Much like Benkert did last year and how Frenchie was able to do on F$U’s first drive?

He may be able to for a quarter or two or if they get an early lead.
But keep in mind it is not easy to evaluate and answer your question because he really has not faced a front seven as strong and fast as ours. Especially for four quarters.

We saw how Benkert faded as the game went on.

Advertisement
it’s cause they turned the ball over. what if UVA doesn’t, with a more athletic ability than either of UNCs. you have to look at whole picture not just stats in a vacuum.

What if never happened. You could say what if for both teams numerous times in every game played. What actually happened is the only thing that counts. We did get the to,s and they did only score only 10 points

Nah we teach it all the time. The point I'm making is Virginia doesn't have the athletes to run by us and threaten us over top and Perkins doesn't hit those kinds of throws often anyway.

Bandy does it all the time and we had that kind DB play against ND with DBs not scared of the QB or WRs and they played aggressive. Checks on Wimbush on the snap before playing the route. Engage your guy at the LOS and peek in the back field. Didn't mean to keep your eyes in the backfield. Just give a good check to see if he keeps it or the play is designed to come your way.

They def have the athletes at WR. Reed had 2 for 81 and TD last year. Zaccheaus had 6 for 67 and 1TD.

Benkert was a much better passer...this guy is a plus athlete...playing at QB. Hit him in the mouth early and often.
And from what I have seen he is pretty elusive and can break out of tackles.
The upside to this though is that he carries the ball like a loaf of bread sometimes trusting his athelticism. If Garvin or J Jackson hit him hard from behind the ball will come out.
I am expecting at least a couple of turnover chains like that.

And from what I have seen he is pretty elusive and can break out of tackles.
The upside to this though is that he carries the ball like a loaf of bread sometimes trusting his athelticism. If Garvin or J Jackson hit him hard from behind the ball will come out.
I am expecting at least a couple of turnover chains like that.
pressure fixes a lot of issues.

Advertisement

They definitely have receivers who can get behind us. Perkins hasn’t been all that accurate in the long game, but they have the guys.

Advertisement
What if never happened. You could say what if for both teams numerous times in every game played. What actually happened is the only thing that counts. We did get the to,s and they did only score only 10 points
either way, we were getting gashed by their QB runs. win or lose, that happened.

Question. I keep reading Perkins is a really good running QB. Against NC St. he had 14 Carries for 24 yards. Is he over rated as a runner, , NC St. defense that good or somewhere inbetween

Advertisement
For those of you that have seen Perkins play, can he execute the short to intermediate passing game with precision. Much like Benkert did last year and how Frenchie was able to do on F$U’s first drive?

He made some **** good throws in the NC State game. He also stays in the pocket and takes a hit. He's more than capable ... but I think our D-Line will bust his ***.

Advertisement
Back