Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

Exactly if McClendon isn't callin plays an no one seems to want Coley callin plays But both would be Co-OC idk how that would work. Id definitely take Coley as a TE coach but not with the scenario above.. I would much rather have Briles or Dorsey. A name for what we need who I personally like is Kliff Kingsbury! We would have our QB Coach and play caller. Play to our strength till Mirabal gets that line right!
You like an NFL HC heading to the playoffs to be our OC?

If you made that comment with serious intentions, my only question is, if you were kliff, would you leave a playoff nfl team to be an OC in college?

Advertisement

1641346860892.jpeg

Advertisement
To be fair...every single one of the hires we have made...even though they are mostly Oregon coaches...are upgrades over the counterpart that was on our staff.

I can see James Coley on this staff...but not as an OC of some kind unless its simply to give him the salary bump. He won't be a playcaller here (at least I hope).

Co-OC and WR Coach...kind of leads me to believe the OC will be the QB Coach ... makes me think Dorsey, but I guess we'll see.
Has there ever been co co co oc?
McClendon coley and the play calling one

Advertisement
Huge upgrade over likens
This basically locks in Coleman
And he’s a good recruiter honestly position coaches are about recruiting that’s their biggest job in cfb and he’s one of the best
He has a couple local guys he needs to lock down next year

Advertisement
It happened here in 2013 for about a month.

D’Onofrio was Assistant Head Coach and Cristobal was Associate Head Coach.

It happened, for years, at F$U, when they had the Staff of SuperCoaches. They had Assistant Head Coaches and Associate Head Coaches and Adjunct Head Coaches...

Advertisement
Co-OC literally means nothing but a fancy title to make the person feel good, a pay bump to keep them, and resume builder to help them try to get real OC at next job. I dont make much of this at all

Yep. If you’re not calling plays, you’re not an OC.

Give me Coley! He had Kaaya looking like a NFL QB before Richt came and ruined him. I think an Great OL will make everything much better
The issue is we don’t have a great OL yet. Anyone trying to say that Coley was trash during his tenure under golden is dead *** wrong but he did had an OL with 5 future NFL players and some playmakers with the ball. We have the speed at skill positions but we need an OL to get a push in the run game. Til then coley would be underwhelming IMO

Advertisement
Back