Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t read the 24/7 post as “Mario is racist”.

I read it as “Mario isn’t connecting well with inner city black coaches + players and his staff choices thus far aren’t helping matters”.

I really don’t understand why that has y’all in such a lather.

It was an issue with Golden, too.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
I’d say Georgia poached him for wayyy less money too. A couple hundred thousand less if he’s close to Hankton’s salary.

Call it going home, hometown discount, or whatever. Must have wanted to go home bad or wanted out of here. ***** never loses. I mentioned a while ago that his wife didn’t want to come here when Richt wanted him.

And she’s ugly asf too.

*****? Or fear of divorce costs?

Was Bmac move a surprise at the Hecht?
No. I’m sure Mario knew he was interviewing. That’s why he was assigned to recruit that area that day I would assume.

Contracts usually say you have to advise the AD or HC or whoever you technically report to when contacted by another school. Looking at other jobs is not as secret as some think it is

If you're going to spin it in a positive direction, i'm sure you can sell some on that.

But if you spin it negatively, which is how i see it being spun on the recruiting trail, it will be spun as Miami not being close to the level of these other programs, which is why coaches jump there, so why shouldn't they as a recruit? The immediate concern might be coaches starting to wonder why 2 guys already jumped ship, making them second guess coming. It's going to be Mario's job to sell coaches AND recruits on why this is the place to be. He needs to start that by ANNOUNCING A **** STAFF. Sorry....who am i to tell Mario what he needs. Apologies.
I mean recruits know that already lol. They just played for the championship and are the last 2 champions

Advertisement

I read it as “Mario isn’t connecting well with inner city black coaches + players and his staff choices thus far aren’t helping matters”.

🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s a very sensitive subject in SFLA.

🤷🏻‍♂️
He hasn’t had trouble connecting with inner city kids before so why now

🤷🏻‍♂️
He mentioned Kevin Smith leaving dude. It meant exactly what it said , black caches on staff. Coaches around SFla love him.

Advertisement

🤷🏻‍♂️
Aren’t these all the coaches that when interviewed in November said Mario was a home run?

Yes.

And some said, wait until he gets here and they turn on him…

Filthy crew

Last edited:
Advertisement
Could the smoke be based in T-Rob, an African-American aspiring to be DC, and despite previous experience and success on the trail in Miami, being denied when there's an opening?
And B-Mac, an African-American aspiring to be an OC, with a record of success with Mario, aspiring to be OC and being denied despite a somewhat prolonged opening?
When folks start comparing notes they can reach conclusions, whether valid or invalid.

I mean recruits know that already lol. They just played for the championship and are the last 2 champions
I'm talking future perception......Mario, the best of the Oregon staff coming along and all these other supposed coaches wanted to be on staff was supposed to lock down the area. That's the perception i'm talking about. The momentum of the Mario hire, the momentum of the staff hires, was thought to propel them through this late signing period and the portal. That momentum is losing steam right now. It needs a big @ss pile of coal to get that engine moving again. Mario needs to announce some good hires. He cannot do this on his own, no matter how good a recruiter he is. Right now, the defense has 1 coach.

Advertisement
Another factor in paying these assistants is the cost of living in Miami. No state tax doesn't make up for that. For example, I bought a nice home a half hour west of Atlanta a few years back for a price you couldn't sniff in So. FL. Probly about 1/2 of what you'd pay down there.

I'm talking future perception......Mario, the best of the Oregon staff coming along and all these other supposed coaches wanted to be on staff was supposed to lock down the area. That's the perception i'm talking about. The momentum of the Mario hire, the momentum of the staff hires, was thought to propel them through this late signing period and the portal. That momentum is losing steam right now. It needs a big @ss pile of coal to get that engine moving again. Mario needs to announce some good hires. He cannot do this on his own, no matter how good a recruiter he is. Right now, the defense has 1 coach.
That’s on Mario. You can be thorough and do your due diligence and still not take a year to hire a staff

Advertisement
Back