Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

What was the exact quote?

I don’t know. I haven’t listened. I’m just going off what @WestEndzone said. He’s a reliable poster and wouldn’t make something like that up.

It should also be noted that even if McClendon doesn’t get the job, the whole situation is still a bad look.

How many times has a coach accepted a position at Bama and then started interviewing for the same job at another school a few weeks later?

Advertisement
The only way it would make sense is if employing the said OC gives us a way better chance to win than with Bmac and a different OC. Again, No inside info, I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
There's another way it made sense... B-Mac wanted to go... He is free to do as he pleases... Mario can't tie him to a locker and force him not to go...

There's another way it made sense... B-Mac wanted to go... He is free to do as he pleases... Mario can't tie him to a locker and force him not to go...

Don’t go out of your way to hire a guy to a key position who isn’t 100% committed to the job.

We had a very good WR coach who Mario could’ve easily retained.

Please stop. You are becoming insufferable.
I mean, how is he wrong? You think there is nothing worth talking about here? We've had Mario hired for almost 2 months now. In that time, he's done some great things on the trail sure, but what we've seen decision-making wise is shaky at best.

In two months, including several weeks after the CFP, he's only managed to hire 5 guys: 4 that he brought from Oregon (OL, DL, WR, & S&C) and a RB coach. In that time he's also been publicly rejected by our top 2 OC choices (even if Briles lied) and has lost one of those 'loyal' coaches from Oregon and the best coach from the previous regime to schools we will absolutely have to recruit against later. It's not a good trend.

I don’t know. I haven’t listened. I’m just going off what @WestEndzone said. He’s a reliable poster and wouldn’t make something like that up.

It should also be said that even if McClendon doesn’t get the job, the whole situation is still a bad look.

How many times has a coach accepted a position at Bama and then started interviewing for the same job at another school a few weeks later?

I'm not questioning the reliability of the poster, but more often than not on this site, people post things, then it turns out that it was a total misinterpretation of the information. Just yesterday, somebody posted that Wiltfong was sticking to his aTm pick for SS as if Wiltfong felt good regardless of the fact that SS will be at Miami for an OV this weekend. Turns out, Wiltfong was just saying he was sticking with his aTm pick heading into the weekend, which of course he is. This stuff happens all the time on this site.

As for your bad look comment, this stuff happens all the time across college football. All the time. Not a bad look at all. We also have somewhat of an unprecedented coaching cycle going on in both CFB and the NFL.

Advertisement
Don’t go out of your way to hire a guy to a key position who isn’t 100% committed to the job.
He might've been committed at the time... he was with Mario for a while at Oregon. Once the dynamic changed he had second thoughts and an opportunity presented itself which made him more comfortable so if the story is true he took it....

I mean, how is he wrong? You think there is nothing worth talking about here? We've had Mario hired for almost 2 months now. In that time, he's done some great things on the trail sure, but what we've seen decision-making wise is shaky at best.

In two months, including several weeks after the CFP, he's only managed to hire 5 guys: 4 that he brought from Oregon (OL, DL, WR, & S&C) and a RB coach. In that time he's also been publicly rejected by our top 2 OC choices (even if Briles lied) and has lost one of those 'loyal' coaches from Oregon and the best coach from the previous regime to schools we will absolutely have to recruit against later. It's not a good trend.
Has lost? There is nothing really to talk about BMac wise until we know one way or another that he is leaving. What if he stays? Is the another HUGE win for Mario because he fended off UGA, which is home for BMAC?

Can you post a link to wherever you got this information. Not saying this is incorrect, but given the propensity for people on this site to not have well developed reading comprehension skills and/or to twist things they've heard on podcasts, I'm not going to be concerned until I see or hear it for myself.
Their latest podcast that dropped this morning.

What if he stays? Is the another HUGE win for Mario because he fended off UGA, which is home for BMAC?

It’s pretty clear that if he stays, it’s not because he wanted to, but because Kirby picked another candidate.

He’s on the first flight to Athens if he’s offered the job.

Advertisement
Has lost? There is nothing really to talk about BMac wise until we know one way or another that he is leaving. What if he stays? Is the another HUGE win for Mario because he fended off UGA, which is home for BMAC?
Well yea because spin doctoring is king around here... LOL...

I made this comment working off the info that was posted about Bmac taking the job. If he doesn't it's a different story in terms of losing coaches.

Advertisement
It’s pretty clear that if he stays, it’s not because he wanted to, but because Kirby picked another candidate.

He’s on the first flight to Athens if he’s offered the job.
Okay, so if that's your position, how is that a bad look for Mario? Losing a guy that would always run home when home comes calling doesn't seem like a bad look to me.

I don’t really have a strong opinion on the optics of it. He is constantly repeating the same drivel after every snippet of news or not news which is annoying and pointless.

Okay, so if that's your position, how is that a bad look for Mario? Losing a guy that would always run home when home comes calling doesn't seem like a bad look to me.

If you truly cannot see how losing a coach for a lateral position three weeks after hiring him - admist talk of supposedly having the largest assistant coaching budget in CFB and unlimited resources - is an absolutely horrible look, I cannot help you.

Advertisement
It’s still an L because it shows he doesn’t want to be here and isn’t loyal.

No one expects him to turn down a promotion but to leave for the same position is not a good look. Tell Mario you aren’t interested in moving to Miami.

You basically have the enemy in your house and of course the info he gleaned and the WR relationships he established at the elite prospect camp he takes that all to Kirby.

No spinning; this makes Mario look bad…even the fact that it leaked out he was interested.

Man you guys are demanding. It starts around 14:53. "Most likely going to take [the Georgia WR job]."
That is different than they said he has accepted the job already. Also sounds like they are basing it off that one tweet which even the UGA mod on their site debunked. Also based off the news yesterday sounds like he isn't even the front runner and is behind Hines Ward and at least 1 other guy

Advertisement
Back