Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

The majority of posters on here think that the CIS hive mind is infallible and anyone that disagrees with it is a troll.

Actually, I posted on here, right when he was hired that every stop he made, the fans complained about his ability to develop players and I was ripped as a "gator troll" for saying these things about the GOAT DB Coach.

Ya, IF we hire a better DB coach, that will be great.
Don't take this place too seriously....after all we are all just anonymous fans on message board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL if true this is clearly a debacle. Not even trolling. Mario did the same thing to us years ago so no hard feelings I’m sure.
What if our OC is a WR coach? This would make it not a debacle. I have no inside information, but I would assume Mario would do everything in his power to keep Bmac if he didn't already know his OC is a WR coach.

What if our OC is a WR coach? This would make it not a debacle. I have no inside information, but I would assume Mario would do everything in his power to keep Bmac if he didn't already know his OC is a WR coach.
Mario wanted McClendon here very badly. He gave him the co-OC title specifically to ensure he would get him.

Now he’s going to let him walk a month later because a hypothetical OC might have a background coaching WR’s?

How does that make sense logically?

OBB reporting that McClendon is taking the Georgia job.
Can you post a link to wherever you got this information. Not saying this is incorrect, but given the propensity for people on this site to not have well developed reading comprehension skills and/or to twist things they've heard on podcasts, I'm not going to be concerned until I see or hear it for myself.

Advertisement
Can we stop with this 4D chess insanity?

Mario wanted McClendon here very badly. He gave him the co-OC title specifically to ensure he would get him.

Now he’s going to let him walk a month later because a hypothetical OC might have a background coaching WR’s?

How about we just wait and see what happens, but sometimes money and titles isn't the end all be all for people. Hence the reason why we got Mario in the first place. If BMac leaves, it's not going to be because he got some huge pay raise that we couldn't match. It will simply be because he wants to go "home".

TRob was a different story. TRob was not worth the additional $300k that Bama was offering. Plain and simple. Mario didn't want to overpay for somebody that isn't worth it.

Can you post a link to wherever you got this information. Not saying this is incorrect, but given the propensity for people on this site to not have well developed reading comprehension skills and/or to twist things they've heard on podcasts, I'm not going to be concerned until I see or hear it for myself.

I believe they said it on the podcast that just dropped this morning.

Advertisement
If true, an absolute debacle.

You simply cannot go out of your way to hire a guy, brag about unlimited resources and then watch him leave for a lateral job a month later.

Brutal.
I have to agree witth you on this, with the “unlimited resources”. Trob I see as different since we wasn’t named coach and the back story beef w Mario. Bmac was brought over and officially hired only to bolt for a lateral move is not a good look. Guess we are paying assistants on the 2021pay scale and GA and ALA are paying on the 2022 pay scale

If true, an absolute debacle.

You simply cannot go out of your way to hire a guy, brag about unlimited resources and then watch him leave for a lateral job a month later.

Brutal.
Agreed. This happening once is understandable because you don't want every coach you hire finessing you for a massive raise, but twice, including a coach you explicitly just brought in with you from your previous school is egregious. Especially with a staff of only what 4 coaches at this point right before signing day? Definitely not a great omen to start his tenure...

Last edited:
How about we just wait and see what happens, but sometimes money and titles isn't the end all be all for people. Hence the reason why we got Mario in the first place. If BMac leaves, it's not going to be because he got some huge pay raise that we couldn't match. It will simply be because he wants to go "home".

TRob was a different story. TRob was not worth the additional $300k that Bama was offering. Plain and simple. Mario didn't want to overpay for somebody that isn't worth it.
I agree...

The only way it would make sense is if employing the said OC gives us a way better chance to win than with Bmac and a different OC. Again, No inside info, I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

Advertisement
Back