Bryan McClendon comin'...aaaannnd he's gone

So out of the position coaches he has hired so far who do you object too?
Out of all 4 coaches? lmao. To give you a real answer, Bmac. I am not a fan of his. I think it will be a blessing in disguise(even if it hurts us from an optics standpoint) if UGA poaches him from us. All he can do is recruit. Oregon and USCe fans both have been complaining about his inability to develop receivers while he was there.

Advertisement
"looks like we are going to downgrade"

How do you know that if no names have been released yet?
If they hire a replacement and it is a downgrade by all means criticize away BUT why be the hot take guy when you don't know who is replacing him?
Because we have been told over and over again for the past year that T Rob is the GOAT.

Who determines if its a better coach or a downgrade?
john travolta question GIF
You would just compare our new DB coaches track record to T Robs to determine this

Advertisement
These wives don't even work so their influence should be minimal. She's nervous about the bad Latinas if you ask me. It would be different if he went straight from Eugene to Athens. It's a bytchmove if he goes to UGA after being at UM for two weeks.
Lol. if really believe that, them you aren't and have never been married.

They will poach coaches if they think those coaches can improve their team.

It has never been different than that. It happens everywhere. It isn't some concerted effort to keep us down or regain our past.

The premise that they're worried and trying to keep is down is flawed. Sure, we got Mario, but we still have to show we can win. They will be business as usual and it's our poor luck (unless of course we make a better hire, but you can bet they were doing the same thing in trying to hire the best available) we lost a coach. On to the next guy.
Don't fool yourself. Just like Mario, these head coaches are looking for guys who can recruit. Specifically, they want coaches who can recruit in one of the hottest recruiting beds in the country.

Why do you think Saban hired Mario? Was he the best offensive line coach at that time? No. He wanted him for his recruiting and South Florida connections.

Is T-Rob better than Corey Raymond? I think Saban would have gone after Raymond if it were just about the coaching. In T-Rob, Saban gets his South Florida connect for recruiting.

By taking coaches from Miami, Saban and Kirby strengthen their recruiting opportunities in South Florida because our coaches have relationships with local high schools and the community where they can convince mom and dad to allow their son to go to their school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't fool yourself. Just like Mario, these head coaches are looking for guys who can recruit. Specifically, they want coaches who can recruit in one of the hottest recruiting beds in the country.

Why do you think Saban hired Mario? Was he the best offensive line coach at that time? No. He wanted him for his recruiting and South Florida connections.

I don't believe I'm fooling myself about anything.

Bama can basically hire anyone they want. They want someone who can coach and recruit. Bama though essentially recruits themselves at this point.

If he was some inexperienced coach or not a good one, they wouldn't have hired them.

I'm not sure what brought Mario to Saban. How he got on the radar. Saban saw something and rolled with it.

They will poach coaches if they think those coaches can improve their team.

It has never been different than that. It happens everywhere. It isn't some concerted effort to keep us down or regain our past.

The premise that they're worried and trying to keep is down is flawed. Sure, we got Mario, but we still have to show we can win. They will be business as usual and it's our poor luck (unless of course we make a better hire, but you can bet they were doing the same thing in trying to hire the best available) we lost a coach. On to the next guy.
Anyone that thinks otherwise probably doesn't leave home without their tinfoil cap and spends way to much time posting in a certain "off topic" forum on CIS

I don't believe I'm fooling myself about anything.

Bama can basically hire anyone they want. They want someone who can coach and recruit. Bama though essentially recruits themselves at this point.

If he was some inexperienced coach or not a good one, they wouldn't have hired them.

I'm not sure what brought Mario to Saban. How he got on the radar. Saban saw something and rolled with it.
I don't think it’s every coaches dream to work at Alabama. They go there to get the next job promotion. I'm certain T-Rob believes he'll get a DC job from being a position coach at Alabama. In the same manner thet OC's and DC's get head coaching jobs after an Alabama stent. Otherwise, there waan't any reason for him to leave. to Alabama where Saban coaches the CBs. He was at home in Maimi. He said it was his dream to come back home. He's making a lateral move with Saban looking over his shoulders does nothing for his resume as a position coach because he is already highly regarded in that manner

Advertisement
No it isn't. We have been told over and over again that "T Rob is the GOAT". Now all of a sudden he is just a middle of the road DB coach who will be easy to replace.
Told by whom?? Posters here?? How is that relevant in any way in the real world ??
T-Rob is a great DB recruiter and coach but he is not the only one. There are more of them out there....if we replace him with one of them and honestly who gives a flying fvck that here posted that he was the GOAT??? If we don't critize away.

Told by whom?? Posters here?? How is that relevant in any way in the real world ??
T-Rob is a great DB recruiter and coach but he is not the only one. There are more of them out there....if we replace him with one of them and honestly who gives a flying fvck that here posted that he was the GOAT??? If we don't critize away.
The majority of posters on here think that the CIS hive mind is infallible and anyone that disagrees with it is a troll.

Actually, I posted on here, right when he was hired that every stop he made, the fans complained about his ability to develop players and I was ripped as a "gator troll" for saying these things about the GOAT DB Coach.

Ya, IF we hire a better DB coach, that will be great.

Advertisement
The majority of posters on here think that the CIS hive mind is infallible and anyone that disagrees with it is a troll.

Actually, I posted on here, right when he was hired that every stop he made, the fans complained about his ability to develop players and I was ripped as a "gator troll" for saying these things about the GOAT DB Coach.

Ya, IF we hire a better DB coach, that will be great.

So sounds like u agree that those CIS posters got carried away.. that hes NOT the GOAT DB coach and that he has flaws.. and therefore he is replaceable.. and that we have a decent shot to upgrade?

Glad we’re all on the same page lol..

So sounds like u agree that those CIS posters got carried away.. that hes NOT the GOAT DB coach and that he has flaws.. and therefore he is replaceable.. and that we have a decent shot to upgrade?

Glad we’re all on the same page lol..
Since I joined here CIS posters have gotten carried away with every coaching hire. We could go and hire the waitress from TGIF on US1 across from campus and people will be talking about how she is an upgrade from T Rob and is the best to ever lace them up.

I hope we do actually upgrade though and end up with a better DB coach.

I don’t want to bring back The Wet Blanket of Truth, friends. I try to stay positively positive nowadays.

But I just don’t understand how some of you can see these developments and think they aren’t concerning.

T-Rob gone. McClendon potentially gone. Striking out on Candle and possibly Briles. Turning down Raymond.

For such a supposedly detail oriented guy, Mario sure seems to be getting caught with his pants down quite a bit.

:(
We didn’t turn down Raymond. We were late.

I don't think it’s every coaches dream to work at Alabama. They go there to get the next job promotion. I'm certain T-Rob believes he'll get a DC job from being a position coach at Alabama. In the same manner thet OC's and DC's get head coaching jobs after an Alabama stent. Otherwise, there waan't any reason for him to leave. to Alabama where Saban coaches the CBs. He was at home in Maimi. He said it was his dream to come back home. He's making a lateral move with Saban looking over his shoulders does nothing for his resume as a position coach because he is already highly regarded in that manner

Did I say it was his dream job?

Whether or not that's the case, it most certainly isn't a lateral move. You're going to coach under the GOAT Saban. You're going to see how a machine of a program operates from the inside. You're going to learn from the best DB coach in the country.

As a professional, you should always want to work for and learn from the best. An Alabama offer is one few would turn down. It has largely been a job that moves people up the ranks.

There's plenty of reasons for him to jump at the opportunity. I'm sure there's some examples of coaches going there and falling off the map, that DL coach we had from Missouri comes to mind, but it's been beneficial to most who went.

Advertisement
Back