Brutal Mack Brown quote about their recruiting

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Lolz

What I've realized is that I like building a lot more than maintaining. We did get to the point where winning seemed so easy and recruiting seemed so easy. We never were in a position where we didn't work. We never felt like we did anything different but we missed on more kids, and I'm not sure we were looking at videos and maybe not following up as much with a kid. We were looking at stars.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/22314376/mack-brown-talks-texas

Holy Coker, Batman.

He pretty much let Sumlin and TAMU run that state now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Isn't UT the school that once a kid verbally commits they arent allowed to decommit? I remember reading a espn article about 3 big time schools that have that policy.

Advertisement
Isn't UT the school that once a kid verbally commits they arent allowed to decommit? I remember reading a espn article about 3 big time schools that have that policy.

Never heard that. There's teams like Clemson and GT that don't allow kids to take visits, but I've never heard the recommitting thing. Not saying it isn't true just don't see how you enforce that.

Advertisement
Mack brings in boatloads of $$$ for the program. UT might be the richest program in the country

Advertisement
There is no way that A&M or Baylor will "run" that state. They may go toe-to-toe for a while but there is too much money available and way too much pride among the Long-Horn boosters that will prevent that program falling to the cellar position. Those old boys dwarf Alabama or Georgia or L$U when it comes to deep pockets.
No doubt there have been whispers in Mack Brown's ears and that piece was a mea culpa before the knives come out. Should push come to shove and Brown has to go...they won't ***** around finding a really good coach and you can be sure that there will be a line of candidates vying to get the job.

Advertisement
A&M and Baylor are going to rule the state of Texas.

This is a joke right? ATM might be the flavor of the week, but Texas is the alpha and omega of that states Collegiate sports. They may be down right now, but Baylor and A&M together won't out earn Texas. A&M knew this that's why they went to the SEC.

What I don't get is what happened to texas, they had a good run under Mack brown in the mid 2000's weren't they the last non $ec team to win a title

Advertisement
Back