Bruce Brown

The NBA isn't drafting Lonnie on his college stats, although, even if they were, we should look at his stats in ACC play (14 ppg, 82% FT line, etc.). He's obviously not a finished product, but he's gone unless for some weird reason he loves college. As for Bruce, the NBA has enough tape on him from last year, like putting up 30 on UNC, etc. I'm sure he'll get drafted high enough to leave too.

Advertisement
The NBA isn't drafting Lonnie on his college stats, although, even if they were, we should look at his stats in ACC play (14 ppg, 82% FT line, etc.). He's obviously not a finished product, but he's gone unless for some weird reason he loves college. As for Bruce, the NBA has enough tape on him from last year, like putting up 30 on UNC, etc. I'm sure he'll get drafted high enough to leave too.

And they will see a player who regressed and then got injured.

Obviously each GM is different but that isn’t good.

And they will see a player who regressed and then got injured.

Obviously each GM is different but that isn’t good.
Would make me nervous to draft him. This season, never remotely resembled a player who could put 30 on anybody, no less UNC.

Both are probably long gone , neither is ready but since when does that matter?

Advertisement
Every mock draft (I know these aren't gospel) have Walker 11-18 and Brown 16-24. I doubt either stays. Actually, in my untrained opinion, Walker is gone, and Bruce likely gone too. Remember when people actually thought Huell was gone? That was cute.

Nbadraft.net has Brown Jr. at #32.

From Barry Jackson

The UM men’s basketball team, which plays at North Carolina at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, does not expect to get guard Bruce Brown back from foot surgery before next week’s Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.

“My own opinion is no, he’s not going to play in the ACC tournament,” coach Jim Larrañaga said on a conference call Monday. “But if the doctors change their evaluation — we’ll have to wait and see what the doctors say. Right now he is not going to be evaluated again until March 12.”

Advertisement
Out of curiosity, are any of these sites accurate? I am not talking about calling the top 10 picks and getting 9/10 right. I am talking about predicting the whole first round accurately (~85%+).

Recent ones...since 2/20

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2018/

BB #44

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2018-2nd-round.html

BB #47
Draftexpress was very accurate. They were acquired by ESPN in the last year and now their info is for ESPN insiders. I don't think the others were nearly as good at projections as that site was.

Here's an article from 2015 analyzing various mock drafts: https://thejnotes.com/2015/06/26/whos-nba-mock-draft-was-the-most-accurate/

Interesting. He was in the 20s, with one a couple in the teens (and one at 34 or something) 2 weeks ago.

I think it is obvious but I am not expert. I am not a GM or a scout. In addition, I don't know who these people are that rank these players in those mocks. I don't know of their accuracy (outside of the first 10 picks). Obviously any idiot can take a stab in the dark and come up with a list of the players who will likely get drafted (early).

With that said, I don't see why Bruce Brown is a first round pick given that...

1. He didn't improve. The fact that his shooting was worse than his freshman year is somewhat concerning.

2. He was injured for a good portion of the season (against the best competition).

3. He might not be 100% during those camps/tryouts/showcases etc.

In addition...Who knows what other guards are coming out?

Unless someone shows me some data showing a 22 YO (over a 21 YO) will be drafted significantly lower, he should stay.

If the kid came back and averaged 15.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG and 4.0 APG. If he could finish at the rim and shoot 37%-38% from 3PT, that would really be special. I think those numbers are well within reach.

Advertisement
I think Brown should come back next year. I don't think he gets selected as a lottery pick. 1st round? Maybe. But he'd be better off waiting another year. I hope Lonnie comes back too but I really don't know where he's at with that decision. Many people were surprised when Brown came back for this year so maybe another surprise is in store with Lonnie.

Imagine Lykes, Miles Wilson, Brown, Lonnie and DJ at the guard spots. With Amp, Huell, Waardenburg, Izundu and Gak at the forward and center spots. Plus maybe a grad transfer thrown in. That team gets me excited. We will see who stays and goes.

Add Carey to that and WOW.

During ACC Play...Even before this game, at worst, we would have went 5-5 without Brown. With Brown, we went 4-4.

Now we're 6-3 and have the potential to be 7-3.

What does that say to scouts, if anything, that a team improved (from a W/L standpoint) without Brown?

Please note that this is not an attack on Brown and obviously I would rather have him. Just a general question.

Advertisement
I haven't watch the NBA in several years but I see an awful lot of D1 players that are at least as talented as what I have seen from BB. I think this injury gives us a real chance of having him back next season . Be interesting to see if he is wearing the boot tonight

The NBA will look at those flaws as things you can coach out of a guy. Remember, the standing around is more of a reflection of guys like Newton dribbling at the top of the key and not distributing. GMs will fall in love with Lonnie at the Combines and Camps, just because of his athleticism, his solid handle, and ability to shoot. He is the kind of guy that with the proper seasoning will be a future All-Star. The question is whether he wants to get that seasoning without getting paid big money, or will he want to draw an NBA paycheck?

Yes. And they'll think he's taller than he actually is because of that hair.

Mock I saw this week had brown to sixers in low 20s.

As a sixers fan, that horrified me
That would be a horrible pick for yall considering whats already in place. Was partying with Joel & Ben Simmons last week at Rockwell. Some wild boys.

Advertisement
Back