Brooklyndee kudos

Advertisement
So do you think kosi still has a shot at starting this year
Yes. Definitely has a shot. I actually fsel alot better about him than i had all spring to this point. I will say this though,he needs to keep expanding on his game. As of now its just far too close between him & malik & in that instance i think cmr would error on the side of caution. Nothing i know for sure. Simply my opinion based on knowing how cmr is. However malik is at his ceiling. There is no more growth out of him nkosi & jarren are just getting there feet under them.

Yes. Definitely has a shot. I actually fsel alot better about him than i had all spring to this point. I will say this though,he needs to keep expanding on his game. As of now its just far too close between him & malik & in that instance i think cmr would error on the side of caution. Nothing i know for sure. Simply my opinion based on knowing how cmr is. However malik is at his ceiling. There is no more growth out of him nkosi & jarren are just getting there feet under them.
Do you see Williams catching or surpassing Perry by the fall?

I'm very excited about Patchan. Glad to hear that he had a great scrimmage. Joe, mentioned on the radio broadcast that N'kosi made Patchan look flat out silly on one particular play. I didn't look at this as a negative at all, because I imagine that N'kosi has made plenty of people on the defense look silly when he is scrambling. Do you recall the play against Patchan that Joe was referring to?
Not in particular. That is just a sample size of what i mean with nkosi & his pocket presence. Hes very shifty when he decides hes gotta go. That play against darrion owens that we all saw from last year will be a regular with him at qb.

Advertisement
Based on major difference (taking off vs continuing with reads) described between Williams and Perry, how could you go with Perry?
They both still have plenty to work on. But to piggy back off what ur saying if we all recall this is what richt used to get on malik about when he first got here (even though its nowhere near the same result)nkosi just has to work on trusting his reads more.

Not in particular. That is just a sample size of what i mean with nkosi & his pocket presence. Hes very shifty when he decides hes gotta go. That play against darrion owens that we all saw from last year will be a regular with him at qb.

but @ThomasM and @Loose Cannon tried to act like i was crazy for posting that clip as proof of his pocket awareness and agility. lol.

it's why i dont continue arguments with foolishness. Tape doesnt lie.

but @ThomasM and @Loose Cannon tried to act like i was crazy for posting that clip as proof of his pocket awareness and agility. lol.

No, I just said when all you have is one **** clip of him making a move, a freaking 5 second clip that doesn't even show the whole play, then you don't have much proof of anything. Hanging your hat on one clip is idiocy.

Advertisement

Pocket presence is not running out of a clean pocket to escape invisible boogeymen. Pocket presence is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady taking a slide step to the left to avoid pressure and deliver the ball to an open receiver. Lamar Jackson or Mike Vick had elite athleticism and escapability.
They didn't have pocket awareness or presence.
That's not to say that Kosi can't be successful or has to be Peyton Manning in the pocket, but reports from scrimmages and the spring game suggest he's leaving the pocket too soon and trying to do too much with his legs. He will never start for Mark Richt like that. Richt expects the QB's eyes to be down range at all times. N'kosi is not the best athlete on the team. He's not the best athlete in the QB room. Multiple people have said Cade Weldon is faster than Perry. He's going to get away with things against the 2nd and 3rd sting guys like Owens.

The Lamar Jacksons and Mike Vicks of the world ARE the best athletes on the field almost all the time, and this allows them to do the things they do. Perry has enough athleticism and elusiveness to be an elite QB once he learns that his legs can serve him best only when he's using them to buy time for him and his receivers.

This whole Perry taking off narrative is somewhat true but overstated at the same time especially in this situation. In practice they are employing touch sacks so if you get touched by the dline the play is dead. So Perry is probably trying to extend the play by running. You can do that or be like rosier and let the dline sack you 4 or 5 times like he let happen yesterday ...
I saw Perry evade the #1 dline in the pocket and through a absolute rope of a pass to Dayall Harris that they called incomplete
There was occasions where he would break the pocket and find a reciever but clearly his pattern now is to go. He needs to work on keeping the play alive for the sake of progressing through reads and then making the play. He clearly will learn how to do it. Now he just trusts more in his feet than he does in his reads or recievers. Honestly i think this process may have shook his confidence a lil. I only say that because of how he started out opposed to once he got a couple of completions going. How he started wasnt entirely his fault but as a qb you are expected to do more. A couple times in the beginning like that play to dayal he broke pocket & either air mailed his pass or had it dropped (like the check down to burns that he airmailed)

There was occasions where he would break the pocket and find a reciever but clearly his pattern now is to go. He needs to work on keeping the play alive for the sake of progressing through reads and then making the play. He clearly will learn how to do it. Now he just trusts more in his feet than he does in his reads or recievers. Honestly i think this process may have shook his confidence a lil. I only say that because of how he started out opposed to once he got a couple of completions going. How he started wasnt entirely his fault but as a qb you are expected to do more. A couple times in the beginning like that play to dayal he broke pocket & either air mailed his pass or had it dropped (like the check down to burns that he airmailed)
N'Kosi Perry nor any other QB will start for Mark Richt until they can do this. Just as we have too much skill talent for Rosier to be missing wide open guys, we have too much talent for Perry to think he has to pull the ball and take off any time his 1st read isn't wide open.

Advertisement

Its just an example but the same logic applies to that as why theres so much hype behind mike jr with our fan base. Small sample size but plenty of logic applied especially if you saw that play live.

Pocket presence is not running out of a clean pocket to escape invisible boogeymen. Pocket presence is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady taking a slide step to the left to avoid pressure and deliver the ball to an open receiver. Lamar Jackson or Mike Vick had elite athleticism and escapability.
They didn't have pocket awareness or presence.
That's not to say that Kosi can't be successful or has to be Peyton Manning in the pocket, but reports from scrimmages and the spring game suggest he's leaving the pocket too soon and trying to do too much with his legs. He will never start for Mark Richt like that. Richt expects the QB's eyes to be down range at all times. N'kosi is not the best athlete on the team. He's not the best athlete in the QB room. Multiple people have said Cade Weldon is faster than Perry. He's going to get away with things against the 2nd and 3rd sting guys like Owens.

The Lamar Jacksons and Mike Vicks of the world ARE the best athletes on the field almost all the time, and this allows them to do the things they do. Perry has enough athleticism and elusiveness to be an elite QB once he learns that his legs can serve him best only when he's using them to buy time for him and his receivers.
Only thing ill disagree with here is anyone saying he was breaking (yesterday) out of a clean pocket or leaving too soon. He clearly has plenty of awareness. He just needs to adapt how he processes what he sees though. As a qb you should continue reading the d & trying to make a play for a skill position until the last possible second. Hes not far from that.

Only thing ill disagree with here is anyone saying he was breaking (yesterday) out of a clean pocket or leaving too soon. He clearly has plenty of awareness. He just needs to adapt how he processes what he sees though. As a qb you should continue reading the d & trying to make a play for a skill position until the last possible second. Hes not far from that.
Good to hear. There's probably a lot of people who think I'm a Kosi hater when I'm simply just holding judgement until I see this from him. That's a true dual threat. Lamar Jackson was an elite athlete who could occasionally make a decent throw. Deshaun Watson was a very good athlete who used his athleticism to get the ball to better athletes.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry nor any other QB will start for Mark Richt until they can do this. Just as we have too much skill talent for Rosier to be missing wide open guys, we have too much talent for Perry to think he has to pull the ball and take off any time his 1st read isn't wide open.
Brother you know football. I dont know if you went to thre scrimmage yesterday or not. For what its worth ive always agreed with what you have been stating relating to letting things play out or anointing any one other than malik (at this second) but what youre doing by making statements towards nkosi like that strays far from the logic you usually employ. Now ur simply looking for reasons that dont exist to possibly bolster your previous stance. Ur stance was logical & well founded. You dont need to tear down a red shirt freshman whos still learning the game (because for anyone who didnt realize it he did simply wing it & throw up prayers in high school)to make malik seem anything more than he is. With malik we know what he is cause hes shown it again & again. Nkosi on the other hand is flat out not doing what youre stating. He reads the d (usually from what ive seen hes comfortable up till his third read)then he starts to panic.like you previously said just give them all their chance and let it play out on the field. Summer will decide this. Honestly i cant see rosier as anything more than a platoon qb this year. Well see though.

Brother you know football. I dont know if you went to thre scrimmage yesterday or not. For what its worth ive always agreed with what you have been stating relating to letting things play out or anointing any one other than malik (at this second) but what youre doing by making statements towards nkosi like that strays far from the logic you usually employ. Now ur simply looking for reasons that dont exist to possibly bolster your previous stance. Ur stance was logical & well founded. You dont need to tear down a red shirt freshman whos still learning the game (because for anyone who didnt realize it he did simply wing it & throw up prayers in high school)to make malik seem anything more than he is. With malik we know what he is cause hes shown it again & again. Nkosi on the other hand is flat out not doing what youre stating. He reads the d (usually from what ive seen hes comfortable up till his third read)then he starts to panic.like you previously said just give them all their chance and let it play out on the field. Summer will decide this. Honestly i cant see rosier as anything more than a platoon qb this year. Well see though.
Try not to take everything I say too seriously. You know football too, so you should know when I'm talking legit gridiron talk and when I'm intentionally trying to get under the skin of people who act like they can see the future based on a youtube clip. For instance, half the people who were pushing the Perry hype train when it looked like he'd ran out of steam have bailed on him for Williams. Now by all reports, sounds like Williams has looked impressive. But this is still no contact stuff. He ain't taken a hit at this level yet. He hasn't even been tackled. And unless Rosier or Perry AND Weldon get injured, QB1 or QB2 and QB3, Williams ain't going to see a live snap until Week 2, if he sees any action at all this season.

Just be ready to hear a lot of this on TV if Rosier starts. "Rosier 1 stop drop, quick pass to (insert skill player here), incomplete, just a little behind him, over him, below him. Mark Richt will send tbe punting unit out once again, and hope the defense can hold up."

From what we are told, we certainly know at least one of them will.
All I know is I want the qb to be the hardest worker on the team. The guy you hear about devouring film and receiving coaching, the guy that identifies weaknesses in his own game and addresses them. Then demands his teammates do the same. The guy that gets ****ed over a bad read that results in a first down instead of a td in a game that you are up three scores already. Not a guy that has problems "getting up" for a season finale conference road game that locks a playoff berth. Rosier time has run out. 10 and 3 is misleading, so don't at me with the win loss record.

Advertisement
Back