Brooklyndee kudos

Advertisement
Brian is the real deal, looked like our best WR today and had some time with the first unit as well. Did not expect him to be as big as he is. He is ready now! I kept calling him nephew, he needs a nickname ASAP. His catch up the middle was amazing, both TDs were impressive. Did not get to see a lot of his blocking ability since our RB were getting crushed at the line of scrimmage.

Brian is the real deal, looked like our best WR today and had some time with the first unit as well. Did not expect him to be as big as he is. He is ready now! I kept calling him nephew, he needs a nickname ASAP. His catch up the middle was amazing, both TDs were impressive. Did not get to see a lot of his blocking ability since our RB were getting crushed at the line of scrimmage.
Unless you are @Brooklyndee brother or Snoop Dogg, this is probably not a good look. Lol

to your nephew! Sounds like he really tore it up today and took advantage of every opportunity. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game.
Nkosi and his pocket presence is on a whole other astral plane. Overall had a good day. Took what the defense gave him. When they dropped into zone he reconized the coverage & used his feet. Him and jarren both showed that side of things to their games. Both have a better awareness than malik. Main differences between the two is nkosi seems content to break with his feet than make the play while jarren breaks from the pocket but continues to search through his reads for a reciever down field. Apples & oranges at this point but positives regardless. Nephew killed it today. Had 5 catches 137 2td & a long of 52. He has good chemistry with both nkosi & jarren but with jarren you can tell they work out together. Its in the lil moments that go unsaid. Patchan & garvin were monsters today. Scott stays healthy and thatll be huge for us. Running game is worriesome right now & searles was snapping on that oline all the way out to the busses. Navaughn is not the answer at rt... atleast not anywhere near now.

Advertisement
So do you think kosi still has a shot at starting this year
Nkosi and his pocket presence is on a whole other astral plane. Overall had a good day. Took what the defense gave him. When they dropped into zone he reconized the coverage & used his feet. Him and jarren both showed that side of things to their games. Both have a better awareness than malik. Main differences between the two is nkosi seems content to break with his feet than make the play while jarren breaks from the pocket but continues to search through his reads for a reciever down field. Apples & oranges at this point but positives regardless. Nephew killed it today. Had 5 catches 137 2td & a long of 52. He has good chemistry with both nkosi & jarren but with jarren you can tell they work out together. Its in the lil moments that go unsaid. Patchan & garvin were monsters today. Scott stays healthy and thatll be huge for us. Running game is worriesome right now & searles was snapping on that oline all the way out to the busses. Navaughn is not the answer at rt... atleast not anywhere near now.

Patchan & garvin were monsters today. Scott stays healthy and thatll be huge for us.
I'm very excited about Patchan. Glad to hear that he had a great scrimmage. Joe, mentioned on the radio broadcast that N'kosi made Patchan look flat out silly on one particular play. I didn't look at this as a negative at all, because I imagine that N'kosi has made plenty of people on the defense look silly when he is scrambling. Do you recall the play against Patchan that Joe was referring to?

Advertisement
I'm very excited about Patchan. Glad to hear that he had a great scrimmage. Joe, mentioned on the radio broadcast that N'kosi made Patchan look flat out silly on one particular play. I didn't look at this as a negative at all, because I imagine that N'kosi has made plenty of people on the defense look silly when he is scrambling. Do you recall the play against Patchan that Joe was referring to?

It was on a run play where he pulled the ball after sucking Pathan in - he was decisive and really explosive. Got 15+yds on it. Pathan just took one step too far inside, but it was a play that Malik would have probably handed off last year for no gain instead of a 15yd run.

Beast, I like what I saw from N'Kosi today, he was our best QB. He made smart decision and was on target for the most part. Hightower is going to be a force.

Glad I made the trip down from Savannah to watch the Spring game. Hightower was easily the best WR at the Spring game. Thomas missed a couple on the under routes.

I totally agree on your assessment of the QBs when the pocket breaks down and differences Perry and Williams.

I’d like to see Perry work on keeping his eyes downfield instead of always relying on his feet. Nice to see Williams work through his progressions. Both Williams and Perry made some good throws.

First deep pass that Rosier threw had way too much air on it; however, he did have a nice thrownon an out route to Thomas in the 2nd half.

Perry had a nice designed run that showed his quickness. When the pocket frequently broke down, he was off to the races.

RBs had a difficult time getting anything on the ground today.

Beast, I like what I saw from N'Kosi today, he was our best QB. He made smart decision and was on target for the most part. Hightower is going to be a force.
wow... thought I read somewhere that he was 5 of 14 passing

Advertisement
I focused more on the offense than defense. AR and Evidence Njoku were both still out.

I observed on defense that Carter, Smith, and Wilder looked pretty good and may have been in that new striker role. Someone with a higher football IQ please correct me if I’m wrong or expand on this.

Frierson had an overall good game. Gave up one TD where he didn’t get his head around, but made an INT thrown by Perry to Thomas in the end zone. TO chain made its appearance and he enjoyed the fans’ reaction.

Advertisement
Based on major difference (taking off vs continuing with reads) described between Williams and Perry, how could you go with Perry?

Based on major difference (taking off vs continuing with reads) described between Williams and Perry, how could you go with Perry?
This whole Perry taking off narrative is somewhat true but overstated at the same time especially in this situation. In practice they are employing touch sacks so if you get touched by the dline the play is dead. So Perry is probably trying to extend the play by running. You can do that or be like rosier and let the dline sack you 4 or 5 times like he let happen yesterday ...
I saw Perry evade the #1 dline in the pocket and through a absolute rope of a pass to Dayall Harris that they called incomplete

Last edited:

Probably because his understanding of the offense at this point. Williams should be finishing up high school right now, Perry has been in the system for 10 months.

Advertisement
Back