bristly estime

Kid's highlights look good to me. Great returner and physical on defense. Looks like a special teams demon with the potential to help us on defense. Not saying we're going to take him, but if we do I wouldn't be mad.

YES!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!!!

BEEN WANTING THIS DUDE FOREVEERRRRRR

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2028213/highlights/23790373

[video=youtube;vcMmcfctR4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMmcfctR4w[/video]

Advertisement
Brisly Estime turned 20 in December. He's WAY older than his competition, and that's the reason he looks so good. He's NOT that much better than other guys, just more developed because, again, HE WAS 20 PLAYING IN HIGH SCHOOL.

And, for those of you questioning, here's a link to a blog post from Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post, stating that Estime turned 19 and 9 months in SEPTEMBER, after week 2 of the HS football season: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...ed-to-play-season-despite-reaching-age-limit/

In short: Do. Not. Want.

Brisly Estime turned 20 in December. He's WAY older than his competition, and that's the reason he looks so good. He's NOT that much better than other guys, just more developed because, again, HE WAS 20 PLAYING IN HIGH SCHOOL.

And, for those of you questioning, here's a link to a blog post from Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post, stating that Estime turned 19 and 9 months in SEPTEMBER, after week 2 of the HS football season: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/high...ed-to-play-season-despite-reaching-age-limit/

In short: Do. Not. Want.

I'll respectfully disagree

You're at Miramar. Around high school players. I get your issue.

Kelvin Benjamin was overage. How old was Kelvin Benjamin his senior year?

edit: found it, he was leaning on 20 years old too.

Yes, he was. But, He's also 6'6". Estime is a short, quick player. Those are a dime a dozen. 6'6" receivers WITH SKILL are not.

Advertisement

He hit the same limit in November of his Senior year, so he was one month younger than Estime is right now.

Long and the short of it is that ballers gon ball. Not every 20 year old looks like Brisly Estime.

Yes, he was. But, He's also 6'6". Estime is a short, quick player. Those are a dime a dozen. 6'6" receivers WITH SKILL are not.

So you're saying if Estime was 17, you'd take him?

If his reported time is right, it doesn't matter how old he is. He's still a 4.3-4.4 guy. Not many guys in college would catch him.

He's saying he wouldn't be on the radar if he was 17 because the playing field would be even. He doesn't make those plays if he is 17.

I'm not sure how true that is. He would still know how to ball.

Advertisement

If he was 17 that would definitely change how I look at him.

He's 2 or 3 years older than his competition. You can't tell me that doesn't impact his ability to make plays and impact the game.

If he was 17 that would definitely change how I look at him.

He's 2 or 3 years older than his competition. You can't tell me that doesn't impact his ability to make plays and impact the game.

4.3 is 4.3

Doesn't make sense to me to factor in his age much. If he's fast, he's fast. There are guys who are 18 and not as fast as Brisly. Talent is talent

Kevin Nelson wasn't terrible because he was too old, he was terrible because he complained all day and quite frankly wasn't very good. Then again, I'm probably not the one to talk to on this issue, because I think your performance in relation to your competition is severely overstate when it comes to evaluation.

Advertisement
Really, what does it matter if he's 17 or 20? At this stage, he'll enter college more developed than his average classmate.

Athletes generally hit their prime around the late 20's. By that time, Estime will be gone from here. This isn't the NFL where he'll have a limited lifespan and hit the shelf in a couple years.

Take him if he can contribute.

yes age maters! a 17 year old hasnt fully developed physically or mentally! a younger player naturally has MUCH more upside!

Advertisement
I get what Cameron's saying, but this isn't Pop Warner. As long as he's eligible to play I wouldn't care about his age. It's clear that he's fast, physical, and makes plays. All this is moot though because I don't think we are recruiting him.

Anybody else see him tonight for Cuse? Buddy was ballin, just another SF prospect excelling in college FB.

Good for him

Advertisement
Back