Brisly Estime

Advertisement
Amazing how much talk this kid has generated. Why aren't all threads like this? My stance is that he's too straight-linish an athlete to be Miami caliber in a small class. Agility and change-of-direction is more important than straight-line speed. Estime is very tightly wound and lacks elusiveness. Other than that he can play, but for an explosive playmaker that's a huge problem. Kermit has elite track speed AND he's a "no nonsense" runner who gets downhill AND he's elusive...I'd much rather have Kermit over Estime.

last year was a small sample size......but we will see more of it this year

if they are making offers to kids......its because they fit exactly what al wants

i said elsewhere when he was hired that all the star whores and self proclaimed recruiting gurus arent gonna like alot of the moves he makes.......but he has specific things hes looking for both on and off the field......and if this kid got an offer......believe that he fits the mold as an "al golden player"

I can see him as a great returner... He's a straight liner but he knows how to hit the holes on those returns... And you have to give it up to his coaching staff on all those returns his players were blocking the right people and he was hitting the right hole...

I like this kid, looks like the kind of baller Golden Al goes after, the ones that show and prove in camp at multiple positions. Plus him being 19 already will mean he comes in more physically mature than the average freshman. He's only allowed to play in the first game of the upcoming season, so hopefully he beasts in the weight room and training for the remainder of it.

Advertisement
Say what you will about this kid, but on returns he hit the hole hard and outran a lot of people. Kid also looked good in run support, and making the tough hits in the middle of the field and even jarred the ball loose a couple of times.

Reminds me of when Rashawn commited... lots of doubts from the fans because this is miami we are only suppose to get WR "STUDS" but hey sit back and get your popcorn ready cause RS is gonna demolish this year so trust AL's evaluation process

Rashawn was a beast doing everything on the field... I think the only thing Rashawn didnt do is kick field goals... this kid isnt on Rashawn Scott's level but he can return some kicks...

I like this kid, looks like the kind of baller Golden Al goes after, the ones that show and prove in camp at multiple positions. Plus him being 19 already will mean he comes in more physically mature than the average freshman. He's only allowed to play in the first game of the upcoming season, so hopefully he beasts in the weight room and training for the remainder of it.

Not true, it can also mean his ceiling is low... Kevin Nelson came in at like 20... That didnt turn out too well... I do like the kid as a return man... He didnt do too many other things great... But for some reason, I think being returner is just natural... You can't be taught that and not only do I feel that this kid is a natural at returning the ball but I think he possess the knowledge of becoming a good special team performer...

The kid has video game speed, easily 4.3 speed, and it's obviously natural (he's not a track guy playing football). That means he could get even faster.

He weighs like 180-190, and has a sturdy build... so he's not some scrawny 160 lbs speedster who won't be able to get off the line.

He's tough, i mean he played defense in high school. That tells me he won't be scared of getting hit and catching the ball in traffic.

I love this pickup for Miami. This is the definition of a sleeper. This kid is the reason you do camps.

I bet he balls out in the slot.

Not true, it can also mean his ceiling is low... Kevin Nelson came in at like 20... That didnt turn out too well... I do like the kid as a return man... He didnt do too many other things great... But for some reason, I think being returner is just natural... You can't be taught that and not only do I feel that this kid is a natural at returning the ball but I think he possess the knowledge of becoming a good special team performer...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yea but Kevin Nelson also came in with a **** poor attitude and work ethic which might of had something to do with it. As long as Brisly continues to work hard he will do just fine.

@BALL_CHILL1: Oregon ducks are interested in me told me they will look at my film tomorrow also call them tomorrow #HUMBLE

Looks like other teams are starting to take notice of his talents

Amazing how much talk this kid has generated. Why aren't all threads like this? My stance is that he's too straight-linish an athlete to be Miami caliber in a small class. Agility and change-of-direction is more important than straight-line speed. Estime is very tightly wound and lacks elusiveness. Other than that he can play, but for an explosive playmaker that's a huge problem. Kermit has elite track speed AND he's a "no nonsense" runner who gets downhill AND he's elusive...I'd much rather have Kermit over Estime.

I would take Kermit too in a heartbeat but that's not a knock on this kid. Kermit looks like he has all the tools to be a Roscoe Parrish type.

Advertisement
The kid has video game speed, easily 4.3 speed, and it's obviously natural (he's not a track guy playing football). That means he could get even faster.

He weighs like 180-190, and has a sturdy build... so he's not some scrawny 160 lbs speedster who won't be able to get off the line.

He's tough, i mean he played defense in high school. That tells me he won't be scared of getting hit and catching the ball in traffic.

I love this pickup for Miami. This is the definition of a sleeper. This kid is the reason you do camps.

agree with the part in bold 100%

agree with the part in bold 100%

Co-sign.

And I don't completely agree with the people who say he's only got straight-line speed.

I saw very good feet in that video. And he's got great acceleration, which usually translates to getting in and out of breaks pretty well. Not saying he's Peter Warrick or anything, but I think he's got some wiggle.

Bakas seemed to think this kid was gonna commit in the near future.

I too would favor Whitfield over this kid, but Whitfield is currently playing the field. Im not in favor of slow-playing a kid like this in the "hopes" of landing Whitfield.

Advertisement
Bakas seemed to think this kid was gonna commit in the near future.

I too would favor Whitfield over this kid, but Whitfield is currently playing the field. Im not in favor of slow-playing a kid like this in the "hopes" of landing Whitfield.

Probably because the kid said in an interview he would probably commit within 2 weeks. Great analysis from Bakas again.

are people really hating on this pickup?

1. This kid has gold teef for crying out loud.
2. He is from Haiti
3. He is fast as ****
4. Straight business on the field. no cute or fancy horsing around for the camera.

More importantly, he came to camp and earned an offer. You have to understand that that is part of AG's recruiting strategy. For longer term reasons than just this year.

If you don't like the strategy, so be it. But if you do, you need to understand how it plays in here.

I'm fine with this kid.

I like the strategy in normal years where we have solid numbers. However, this year by all indications we will be taking a smaller class. I just don't want to miss out on any studs because we took a flyer. IMO, we have already reached from a talent stand point by taking Ray Lewis' kid.
That's the thing about strategies. You have to follow them with some consistency or they aren't strategies and tend not to hold up. And especially when you're just getting established at UM.

As for RLIII, you don't know what you don't know, so I'm not sure why your panties are in a bunch on him.

What is it that I dont know? Im just not in favor of taking kids with sub par talent with the looming sanctions, regardless of who their Daddy is. FSU told Deon Sanders kid to kick rocks...
Then let FSU do FSU. The moment we start taking our cues from those (expletives) from Tallacrappy is the moment we stop being The U. "Family" is not just some sort of slogan used as a convenient buzz word to get kids to sign with us. Rather, it's a term used to epitomize the very thing that has made Miami THE most unique and special program in college football history. We are not FSU; we are not 'Bama; nor are we anyone else. We begged for a guy to come in here with a clear, well thought out plan to restore us to prominence and the moment we get him, we complain that he's not doing what someone else is doing. Seriously! Now it may turn out that his philosophy and plan may not work. But I'm not gonna sit here and say it will or won't based on what FSU is doing. We are the freakin' U. If anyone wants to do things the way someone else is doing them, then go be one of their fans. And now that I've wasted 20 minutes of my life talking about what SHOULD already be known, I'm gonna go back to work.

More importantly, he came to camp and earned an offer. You have to understand that that is part of AG's recruiting strategy. For longer term reasons than just this year.

If you don't like the strategy, so be it. But if you do, you need to understand how it plays in here.

I'm fine with this kid.

I like the strategy in normal years where we have solid numbers. However, this year by all indications we will be taking a smaller class. I just don't want to miss out on any studs because we took a flyer. IMO, we have already reached from a talent stand point by taking Ray Lewis' kid.
That's the thing about strategies. You have to follow them with some consistency or they aren't strategies and tend not to hold up. And especially when you're just getting established at UM.

As for RLIII, you don't know what you don't know, so I'm not sure why your panties are in a bunch on him.

What is it that I dont know? Im just not in favor of taking kids with sub par talent with the looming sanctions, regardless of who their Daddy is. FSU told Deon Sanders kid to kick rocks...
Then let FSU do FSU. The moment we start taking our cues from those (expletives) from Tallacrappy is the moment we stop being The U. "Family" is not just some sort of slogan used as a convenient buzz word to get kids to sign with us. Rather, it's a term used to epitomize the very thing that has made Miami THE most unique and special program in college football history. We are not FSU; we are not 'Bama; nor are we anyone else. We begged for a guy to come in here with a clear, well thought out plan to restore us to prominence and the moment we get him, we complain that he's not doing what someone else is doing. Seriously! Now it may turn out that his philosophy and plan may not work. But I'm not gonna sit here and say it will or won't based on what FSU is doing. We are the freakin' U. If anyone wants to do things the way someone else is doing them, then go be one of their fans. And now that I've wasted 20 minutes of my life talking about what SHOULD already be known, I'm gonna go back to work.

THIS

Advertisement
Back