Bringing in the hate....

Advertisement
I could believe your theory, but PSU would have still covered if Vinnie threw a TD instead of that last pick.
In any case, JJ should have run the dam thing in and taken it completely out of Vinnie's hands in the end.
You have no idea how many times Jimmy called runs when Vinny changed the call at the line for a pass, including on that last interception.

There's another very very special road victory , not nearly in the class of this cotton bowl beating but it's a classic in it's own right.

Canes vs Michigan on the road losing with minutes left Canes scored (2) TD's and I think Carlos Huerta FG , what was the absolute best at halftime the coach BO was interviewed saying " THIS IS MICHIGAN FOOTBALL AT IT BEST" pointing to recruits all this B-4 a CAT.5 PLUS hit 20 minutes later LMAO.

You guys remember EPIC road WIN ?

Michigan never returned the favor of coming to the OB after that loss.......

GOCANES
I sure do and it ****es me off how it's never shown as one of the best comebacks.

Advertisement
No doubt that 58-7 rain of destruction on the pedos. I still watch those highlights as if they just happened. I touted last our last game against them as Playmakers vs Pedophiles. I wish it had caught on. Next time there WILL be t shirts. But watch how much more hate we get if we all do it. But idgaf.

I believe it.
PSU's D was in "drop into coverage" mode all game.
Is this something you know through coaches or players, or just going by what you saw?

CF needs a villain and The U will happily play that role. Makes for ratings too. The NCAA needs Miami to be relevant again.

Jimmy started it and it begun when we lost to Maryland when we were up 31 and Flutie/BC

After that Jimmy threw out the rule book and just went nuclear

Advertisement
For me, definitely the Cotton Bowl game against Texas, Thrill Hill’s antics, the massive amount of penalties we racked up that game, and the PF’s called when we were knocking the snot out of their QB. Loved ever second of it.
Mike Franscesa still hasn't recovered from that game. Never before nor since have you heard an announcer traumatized by the Hurricanes like that.

I still say the Mob got to Vinny or his family... out gained them 400 some yards to like 126... some of those picks there were no white jerseys in the area.... thats how obvious it looked
No he just had a ****** game. Wasn't his first or his last. You think the mob got to Toretta in the 93 Sugar Bowl? Dorsey in the Fiesta? It happens.

No he just had a ****** game. Wasn't his first or his last. You think the mob got to Toretta in the 93 Sugar Bowl? Dorsey in the Fiesta? It happens.
Vinny had another ****** game in 86 sugar vs vols that cost us a NC ,**** he layed 2 bad eggs

Advertisement
We upset the status quo. We were good and weren't afraid to kick your *** and let you know. It's funny our old attitude is really pretty common now, but back in the day, like Holy said, we were supposed to stay in our lane.

The hate I still get from people never ceases to amaze me, we're still the "cheaters", "thugs", "criminals" etc..

I know the feeling. The in-laws are Gayturd boosters and obnoxiously crazed for all things Floriduh. I hear about the Canes every single second I see those despicable people and their equally rancid friends. I cannot wait for anything other than curb stomp them into the ground Aug 31st. Of course I’ll get the “thugs cheated” or some other sly comment even though it’s been the Gayturd that has had the criminal element to it for quite some time.

I am gonna go with Canes showing up in Army fatigues at the 1987 Fiesta Bowl vs Penn State....

There's First Lieutenant Testaverde and Corporal Highsmith....Vinny threw 5 INTs....Canes lost and the fatigue stuff caused a ton of blow back on a national scale...

Too bad. That 1986 Canes team was one of the best college football teams ever....

View attachment 80337

Yup. If Hungover Vinny hadn't gotten drunk partying post-Heisman win we would have blown the socks off Penn State. Talent level was not close. I mean, we lost by 4 points with 7 offensive turnovers.

And I wouldn't say this was the beginning of the hate, but rather when the hate turned large-scale.

The whole thing stemmed from the fact that kids of a different color and athletic ability from the inner city was turning CFB on its ear and the blue bloods like Nebraska,Oklahoma and Norte Dumb had no way to beat them and the fact they did it with a bravado they couldn’t stand added to the hate......simple as that.
This. It's all rooted in this.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

brown1_medium.gif

'91 Cotton Bowl. We took our participation trophy and shoved it up Texas' ***.

Russell Maryland had his best game that day.
I just rewatched that game the other day. I had forgotten how awful our rushing was. We won that game on defense and through the air.

But it was like there was never any doubt that we'd win. The confidence was palpable.

I just rewatched that game the other day. I had forgotten how awful our rushing was. We won that game on defense and through the air.

But it was like there was never any doubt that we'd win. The confidence was palpable.

Thats the way it was for the old Canes teams.

I loved how the announcers were even getting into it.

"I'll tell you what, Bailey came into this game with bad intentions, and thats GOOD."

Dennis Erickson told the referees to drop dead. xD

Advertisement
Back