Bringing in the hate....

the-u-invented-swagger.jpg

Advertisement
Exactly... in 83 we were the Cinderella team, then by 85 JJ was "a used car salesman" and Brent M. was talking shiit about running up the score, which was basically NCAA football hypocrisy. After that we just compounded the hate with the swagger and all the haters were taking notes and hoping we would cease to exist. Those were the days that motivated the Canes to be the Canes... regardless of what anybody says.
We need some sort of swagger again... our DNA cannot be ignored... we will never be like ND.

Brent Musburger & Ara Parsegian really trashed Miami in the media for running up the score when Notre Dame had run up the score on the Slippery Rock teams for decades. I always loved Jimmy Johnson's analogy.,,,,,"basic 101 of football is the offense's job to score and the defense's job to try & stop the offense from scoring" Bottom line - 'nuff said.

The '84 game against the Gators in Raymond James Stadium was one of my most enjoyable as a lot of the gator fans had left with a couple of minutes to go & they were up by a couple of TD's when Kosar caught on fire & beat them in about the last 43 seconds. When we got to the hotel quite a few gators were laughing and making derogatory remarks to us when I realized they were unaware they had lost. I had such a delightful time explaining what had occurred.

1988 Notre Dame vs. Miami football game known as Catholics vs. Convicts, was played on October 15, 1988 at Notre Dame Stadium. Both the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Miami Hurricanes came into the game undefeated. Notre Dame won the closely contested game 31–30.
Disgusting bs refs
Cleveland Gary “fumble” or whatever they claim it was - one of the worst rip offs ever in College football history....until terry porter
Smdh

There's another very very special road victory , not nearly in the class of this cotton bowl beating but it's a classic in it's own right.

Canes vs Michigan on the road losing with minutes left Canes scored (2) TD's and I think Carlos Huerta FG , what was the absolute best at halftime the coach BO was interviewed saying " THIS IS MICHIGAN FOOTBALL AT IT BEST" pointing to recruits all this B-4 a CAT.5 PLUS hit 20 minutes later LMAO.

You guys remember EPIC road WIN ?

Michigan never returned the favor of coming to the OB after that loss.......

GOCANES
Loved it!!!!!

Advertisement
How about 1988 AT DEATH VALLEY
Rainy Saturday night...Miami rolls in and smashes
44-3

LSU wasnt great but they had dalton Hilliard and Gary James I believe as their rb 1-2 punch and Miami destroyed them

The whole thing stemmed from the fact that kids of a different color and athletic ability from the inner city was turning CFB on its ear and the blue bloods like Nebraska,Oklahoma and Norte Dumb had no way to beat them and the fact they did it with a bravado they couldn’t stand added to the hate......simple as that.

44-3

LSU wasnt great but they had dalton Hilliard and Gary James I believe as their rb 1-2 punch and Miami destroyed them
Great game remember it being played in a torrential rain storm.

I still say the Mob got to Vinny or his family... out gained them 400 some yards to like 126... some of those picks there were no white jerseys in the area.... thats how obvious it looked

I could believe your theory, but PSU would have still covered if Vinnie threw a TD instead of that last pick.
In any case, JJ should have run the dam thing in and taken it completely out of Vinnie's hands in the end.

Advertisement
Winning

Floyd

Patriots

Bama

Duke

People hate teams that constantly win....you know we have been losing way too much when the hate wears off and people are saying they want miami back.

We haven’t been winning lately but the hate is still strong. I guess the canes have burnt horrible past memories for some people 😂

Advertisement
2 Live Crew pay for play, Pell Grant, Najeh pooping in a hamper at Barry U, New Orleans brawl,

I forgot that Najeh pulled a "Roker" long before Al Roker left one in the White House

Those were both ****** deals...but it ...like swagger started here

Last edited:
Off season topic.... but what are some of the memorable moments that brought in all the national hate for Canes from around the country....

...one certainly would be Thrill Hill's wild west shoot out in the tunnel at the Cotton Bowl

.... pouring it on in Faust's final game would be another
Those were all fine and good but what really sealed the deal was the camos. We dont give a fvck. We ain't here to make friends with these bytches. Like butch said, either get on this train or get ran the fvck over!

Advertisement
44-3

Thats the game they say Charles Pharms before running out the tunnel was sticking his hand in the tiger cage saying “here kitty kitty” lmao

I could believe your theory, but PSU would have still covered if Vinnie threw a TD instead of that last pick.
In any case, JJ should have run the dam thing in and taken it completely out of Vinnie's hands in the end.
True but if those picks don’t happen we win 28-10... easy cover

I don't care why they started hating us, I just want to give them a reason keep hating us.

*It was Brent Musberger *****ing about a 58-7 score in Gerry Faust's last game as ND coach. As if no other team ever had a 51 point difference.

True but if those picks don’t happen we win 28-10... easy cover

They scored their only TD on a pick return inside the 5. They wouldn't have even scored a TD if Vinny didn't throw those picks.
We were probably looking at 31-3 or something like that.

My point was, if some wiseguys got to Vinnies family, at 14-10 the game was won for them before our last possession.
The line was 8 (+/-).
Vinnie could have gotten the TD.

Miami wins, the wiseguys win, the testeverde's win...and I don't throw a cooler full of ice and beer out of a second story window.
Win-win-win-win.

Advertisement
Back