bring back butch sign

Andy Rey ‏@arey1984 4s4 seconds ago

.@305Fonzi why are you taking away signs from students at the bball game? Is this Cuba? #bringbackbutch

NO! It's just liberals! Remember, liberals are for free speech, but they also know what is best for everyone, and will dictate as Such, and mute anything that they dictate as wrong or obscene.

Advertisement
Al Golden was not around when the shapiro stuff happened. But, you know Golden was blindsided and is going to use that as leverage against the school. Plus, there may be some things that the public should not know and he does about the scandal.

The reason he is protected is he knows our secrets. I keep telling everyone this but no one listens. He knows "stuff" and they are afraid he will tell said "stuff".

What secrets? Unless we're selling cocaine to pay the light bills what is he gonna say considering he was around while this alleged "stuff" took place.

The NCAA won't touch anything regarding Shapiro ever again. So if Golden can top a pregnant girlfriend abortion, drugs and strippers let him try his best. The "public" barely cares about ole rapist up in Tally. They won't care.

I don't know. He knew about Sandusky and kept his mouth shut to this day.

.@305Fonzi why are you taking away signs from students at the bball game? Is this Cuba? #bringbackbutch

NO! It's just liberals! Remember, liberals are for free speech, but they also know what is best for everyone, and will dictate as Such, and mute anything that they dictate as wrong or obscene.

I wonder if they will take my shirt away at the basketball game in Tallahassee?

Advertisement

Thank you for the kind words. As a tree-hugging liberal, I do know what is best for everyone and tell everyone everyday, all day long.

C'mon gentlemen, Fonzi's a good guy. I'm sure he was just following bosses' orders. I agree that BBB isn't unsportsmanlike and that the sign should be allowed to remain, but that's not really his call unfortunately. I can promise you though that he's every bit as passionate about our program and righting the ship as we are.

You don't know that....thanks for playing

Uh, except that I do.

Lot of "good guy" Germans who didn't like Hitler got the noose because they followed orders -- that defense does not hold in war and this is war. Friend of our enemy is our enemy.

Actually, the First Amendment was a conservative reaction to the way too "liberal" US Constitution. Remember, liberalism is the left and the left includes those all wonderful "isms" like Fascism, Communism and Nazism. Not exactly free speech advocates. They support free speech ONLY when they are not in power and never when they are.

P
T

I'm friends with him and spoke to him today. I know he was just doing his job, but I didn't want to be the cause of an angry mob turning on his bosses either.

And LOL at you calling me a Golden slurper. I literally put up an Anti-Golden Facebook status every single day. And that's not an exaggeration.

Alright you are just a slurper then....carry on. Please feel free to share your FB posts with us.

I mean, okay?

ei8868.jpg

szh4wo.jpg

w0p1eb.jpg

qo8ztt.jpg

x3cl3.jpg

295v295.jpg

ncedtk.jpg

2us772s.jpg

I could keep going, but with a status update every day, we'd be here for a while. I'll leave you with an article I wrote after Pitt though.

The Miami Hurricanes fell to 6-6 on the season yesterday, having lost to a Pittsburgh team that entered the game at 5-6. It was the second time in as many weeks that Miami played a team that was below .500 coming into the matchup and failed to walk away victorious. This latest loss marks the culmination of a three game skid to end the season, causing the cries for Al Golden’s firing to reach a crescendo and the divide amongst the fan base to further expand.

While contract details are not open to the public, as the University of Miami is a private institution, it has been said that the buyout clause of Golden’s contract makes his firing cost prohibitive. Other proponents of retaining the coach have argued that the so-called cloud of the NCAA investigation has resulted in an insurmountable setback, hampering Golden’s ability to succeed in the interim. Further justifications have pointed to the 2015 recruiting class and the desirability of keeping it in tact.

A thorough analysis of the facts, however, does not lend itself to the aforementioned conclusions. When examining the totality of the circumstances, one could argue that Golden himself has been his own worst enemy, not the NCAA. In fact, attrition has proved to be more costly than the scholarship reductions levied by the governing body. Eighteen student-athletes from Al Golden’s first three recruiting classes have since departed from the team, for a variety of reasons, while another six found themselves academically ineligible before ever setting foot on campus. Yet another left the team to pursue other endeavors and two more sustained career-ending injuries. All in all, 27 of the 71 individuals from those three classes are no longer with the program, and the vaunted 2012 class - the best of Golden’s career - was hit hardest, with 11 of its 33 prospects having since departed. In the end, when conducting an analysis on roster management, depth, and the ensuing difficulties, the nine scholarships adversely possessed by the NCAA seem paltry in comparison to those losses that occurred at the hands of Golden himself.

Still, one could argue that Golden’s ability to attract and obtain the best talent available was hindered by the lingering cloud and the resulting uncertainty over the program’s future. While there may be some merit to this claim on the surface, a closer examination demonstrates that its inclusion in this discussion is largely misplaced. According to 247Sports, at the exclusion of FSU, the Hurricanes’ losses of the past two years have all come at the hands of teams with lesser talented personnel. When calculating the average national recruiting ranking over the last five years, Virginia Tech (27.4), Duke (65.4), Louisville (41.4), Nebraska (26.2), Georgia Tech (53.4), Virginia (37.4), and Pittsburgh (42.2) all fall short of being able to match Miami’s average class ranking of 16.8, in spite of the protracted promise of sanctions. In fact, when examining those draft-eligible prospects at teams across the nation, Miami ranks behind just one (Florida State) in those with the highest number of student-athletes with a draft grade. Ultimately, as their success at the next level always demonstrates, Miami has still been able to consistently out-recruit its opponents, and so it follows that its losses point to a deficiency in coaching, not a dearth of talent.

That being said, past success notwithstanding, Miami’s recruiting efforts are not infallible. In the wake of their lopsided bowl loss to Louisville and Golden’s radio silence during the Penn State coaching search, Miami suffered a surge of decommitments in the weeks leading up to National Signing Day. Travonte Valentine, Brandon Powell, and Nigel Bethel all decided to take their talents elsewhere. And as the losses have continued to mount over the course of this season, Miami has seen more decommitments than they have commitments, with the fate of some of their top prospects still in doubt. The mark of a good team is demonstrable improvement from year to year and over the course of a season. Not only has Miami not been able to improve off of last year’s 9-4 record (a record acquired despite a 2-4 slide to end the season), but they have now ended the year on a three game skid, failing to amass the number of wins that 2013 saw. Should recruits continue to take notice and jump ship, the 2015 recruiting class would not only suffer, but the 2016 class would suffer as well, should Golden be fired following next year’s campaign. As such, two recruiting classes now lie in the balance, as the Miami administration attempts to decide whether next year’s prospects look brighter from a 6-6 team absent it’s top running back, wide receiver, tight end, linebacker, and nearly half of its offensive and defensive lines.

Lost recruiting classes aside, should Golden be fired after next season, rather than this year, the Hurricanes fan base and Golden’s successor face the possibility of wasting yet another year of Brad Kaaya’s eligibility. Should Golden be fired after 2015, the Hurricanes’ next coach would have just two years left with the rising star, the first of which would undoubtedly be used to implement a new offensive system. Beyond that, with the fan base as rabid as ever over their rapid fall from grace, the athletic department faces the very real challenges of withdrawn donations and further dips in attendance; issues that will only become more pronounced with each game over which Golden presides.

In the end, due to the particulars of the buyout, Miami may very well decide that they cannot afford to fire Golden.

But can they afford not to?

Did not read

Sure, why inform yourself when you can remain arrogantly ignorant?

Advertisement
P
T

I'm friends with him and spoke to him today. I know he was just doing his job, but I didn't want to be the cause of an angry mob turning on his bosses either.

And LOL at you calling me a Golden slurper. I literally put up an Anti-Golden Facebook status every single day. And that's not an exaggeration.

Alright you are just a slurper then....carry on. Please feel free to share your FB posts with us.

I mean, okay?

ei8868.jpg

szh4wo.jpg

w0p1eb.jpg

qo8ztt.jpg

x3cl3.jpg

295v295.jpg

ncedtk.jpg

2us772s.jpg

I could keep going, but with a status update every day, we'd be here for a while. I'll leave you with an article I wrote after Pitt though.

The Miami Hurricanes fell to 6-6 on the season yesterday, having lost to a Pittsburgh team that entered the game at 5-6. It was the second time in as many weeks that Miami played a team that was below .500 coming into the matchup and failed to walk away victorious. This latest loss marks the culmination of a three game skid to end the season, causing the cries for Al Golden’s firing to reach a crescendo and the divide amongst the fan base to further expand.

While contract details are not open to the public, as the University of Miami is a private institution, it has been said that the buyout clause of Golden’s contract makes his firing cost prohibitive. Other proponents of retaining the coach have argued that the so-called cloud of the NCAA investigation has resulted in an insurmountable setback, hampering Golden’s ability to succeed in the interim. Further justifications have pointed to the 2015 recruiting class and the desirability of keeping it in tact.

A thorough analysis of the facts, however, does not lend itself to the aforementioned conclusions. When examining the totality of the circumstances, one could argue that Golden himself has been his own worst enemy, not the NCAA. In fact, attrition has proved to be more costly than the scholarship reductions levied by the governing body. Eighteen student-athletes from Al Golden’s first three recruiting classes have since departed from the team, for a variety of reasons, while another six found themselves academically ineligible before ever setting foot on campus. Yet another left the team to pursue other endeavors and two more sustained career-ending injuries. All in all, 27 of the 71 individuals from those three classes are no longer with the program, and the vaunted 2012 class - the best of Golden’s career - was hit hardest, with 11 of its 33 prospects having since departed. In the end, when conducting an analysis on roster management, depth, and the ensuing difficulties, the nine scholarships adversely possessed by the NCAA seem paltry in comparison to those losses that occurred at the hands of Golden himself.

Still, one could argue that Golden’s ability to attract and obtain the best talent available was hindered by the lingering cloud and the resulting uncertainty over the program’s future. While there may be some merit to this claim on the surface, a closer examination demonstrates that its inclusion in this discussion is largely misplaced. According to 247Sports, at the exclusion of FSU, the Hurricanes’ losses of the past two years have all come at the hands of teams with lesser talented personnel. When calculating the average national recruiting ranking over the last five years, Virginia Tech (27.4), Duke (65.4), Louisville (41.4), Nebraska (26.2), Georgia Tech (53.4), Virginia (37.4), and Pittsburgh (42.2) all fall short of being able to match Miami’s average class ranking of 16.8, in spite of the protracted promise of sanctions. In fact, when examining those draft-eligible prospects at teams across the nation, Miami ranks behind just one (Florida State) in those with the highest number of student-athletes with a draft grade. Ultimately, as their success at the next level always demonstrates, Miami has still been able to consistently out-recruit its opponents, and so it follows that its losses point to a deficiency in coaching, not a dearth of talent.

That being said, past success notwithstanding, Miami’s recruiting efforts are not infallible. In the wake of their lopsided bowl loss to Louisville and Golden’s radio silence during the Penn State coaching search, Miami suffered a surge of decommitments in the weeks leading up to National Signing Day. Travonte Valentine, Brandon Powell, and Nigel Bethel all decided to take their talents elsewhere. And as the losses have continued to mount over the course of this season, Miami has seen more decommitments than they have commitments, with the fate of some of their top prospects still in doubt. The mark of a good team is demonstrable improvement from year to year and over the course of a season. Not only has Miami not been able to improve off of last year’s 9-4 record (a record acquired despite a 2-4 slide to end the season), but they have now ended the year on a three game skid, failing to amass the number of wins that 2013 saw. Should recruits continue to take notice and jump ship, the 2015 recruiting class would not only suffer, but the 2016 class would suffer as well, should Golden be fired following next year’s campaign. As such, two recruiting classes now lie in the balance, as the Miami administration attempts to decide whether next year’s prospects look brighter from a 6-6 team absent it’s top running back, wide receiver, tight end, linebacker, and nearly half of its offensive and defensive lines.

Lost recruiting classes aside, should Golden be fired after next season, rather than this year, the Hurricanes fan base and Golden’s successor face the possibility of wasting yet another year of Brad Kaaya’s eligibility. Should Golden be fired after 2015, the Hurricanes’ next coach would have just two years left with the rising star, the first of which would undoubtedly be used to implement a new offensive system. Beyond that, with the fan base as rabid as ever over their rapid fall from grace, the athletic department faces the very real challenges of withdrawn donations and further dips in attendance; issues that will only become more pronounced with each game over which Golden presides.

In the end, due to the particulars of the buyout, Miami may very well decide that they cannot afford to fire Golden.

But can they afford not to?

Did not read

You should have.

Give you a woody.

Al Golden was not around when the shapiro stuff happened. But, you know Golden was blindsided and is going to use that as leverage against the school. Plus, there may be some things that the public should not know and he does about the scandal.

The reason he is protected is he knows our secrets. I keep telling everyone this but no one listens. He knows "stuff" and they are afraid he will tell said "stuff".

What secrets? Unless we're selling cocaine to pay the light bills what is he gonna say considering he was around while this alleged "stuff" took place.

The NCAA won't touch anything regarding Shapiro ever again. So if Golden can top a pregnant girlfriend abortion, drugs and strippers let him try his best. The "public" barely cares about ole rapist up in Tally. They won't care.

I don't know. He knew about Sandusky and kept his mouth shut to this day.

Do you realize what you just said? Maybe he didn't . . .

T
Uh, except that I do.[/QUOTE

Revisionist internet history 101: from Im sure he was just doing his job to now you know ihe was just doing his job. You Golden slurpers are scary - just follow the script and wait for the next Raising Canes propaganda piece.

I mean, okay?

ei8868.jpg

szh4wo.jpg

w0p1eb.jpg

qo8ztt.jpg

x3cl3.jpg

295v295.jpg

ncedtk.jpg

2us772s.jpg

But the question they really should be asking themselves is...can they afford not to?

Hey, Wherrera8, why not just use this in the article (If she'll let you)? This pretty much sums it all up. Except more about how recruits are decommitting right now, instead of last years class. How Michael Irvin's own nephew chose not to come here ONLY because of the coach. Then talk how financially, it actually makes more sense to fire Golden and hire Butch, who is relatively cheap. It is more expensive to keep Golden. Then Finish it asking the students if they want to experience another wasted year. We pay alot and shouldn't have to sit through this another year, because they don't know how to do their job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back