Brieon Fuller

What's the fascination with Dunamore? Why does everyone want an offer to go out to this kid?

Honest question. Can anyone name me a recruit who "showed out" at camps, but was no where to be found on game day (as some have said on here) and was a really good player come Saturdays?

Probably because hes one of if not the best wr in s.fla. Has nothing to do with showing out just at camps..dude puts in work in games to. I dont know...he would be a high target to pair with Payton. Ladson would be a kid i recruit all the way through...or another national 5 star guy. But ill be all over Dunmore right now.

Advertisement
i have no opinion about dunmore personally but it's not true that this staff must see in-game production before they offer. dee wiggins did next to nothing on the field and they stuck with him through three recruiting cycles. his page on the UM website says that he had "nearly 300 yards receiving over the final two seasons of his prep career" lol. clearly if they like a guy's potential they're willing to overlook a lack of production on the field.

Probably because hes one of if not the best wr in s.fla. Has nothing to do with showing out just at camps..dude puts in work in games to. I dont know...he would be a high target to pair with Payton. Ladson would be a kid i recruit all the way through...or another national 5 star guy. But ill be all over Dunmore right now.
Thank you. You've got your finger on the fulse of crootin and have a good eye for talent. With that said i would like to ask a follow up question

What does Dunmore do good and what is he elite at? What are his downfalls and traits that would make him not a take? It seems he is a similar player to Ezzard. More of a possession receiver, but Ezzard appears to be TE big and kind of a bully when the ball is in the air or with regards to YAC. Does Dunmore do anything elite that we do not have on the roster now or can't get in the next two classes?

Thank you. You've got your finger on the fulse of crootin and have a good eye for talent. With that said i would like to ask a follow up question

What does Dunmore do good and what is he elite at? What are his downfalls and traits that would make him not a take? It seems he is a similar player to Ezzard. More of a possession receiver, but Ezzard appears to be TE big and kind of a bully when the ball is in the air or with regards to YAC. Does Dunmore do anything elite that we do not have on the roster now or can't get in the next two classes?

Wondering the same thing. We got two absolute bullies last year in Hightower and Ezzard. We may not be looking for that in this year's class.

I also just think we're being really picky with WRs after last year's haul and the likely '20 haul. I think we'd like a 2nd guy to add to Payton, but only if he's really elite.

Advertisement

Dunmore has elite feet. If i were to explain it....a wr with elite feet is Chad Ochocinco Johnson. Dunmore is actually alot like Chad. They arent blazers....but are great route runners that set you up with their feet. Just like Chad he has a slight frame..He's about 6'2 175-180pds. Dunmore really isnt like Ezzard. Ezzard is a legit bully...and a legit Yac type guy. Ezzard is like a bigger Rashawn Scott. Dunmore has a flare for the acrobatic catch.

My comparison for him is Chad Johnson. Dunmore and Payton would be a good class. Only thing is ...neither are BURNERS...but both have the hands and route running ability. Dunmore has the same personality as Chad as well...maybe that rubs people the wrong way..not sure. I know he has transferred around but that appears to be following a coach. As he has actually crossed counties in transfers from Broward to Palm now back to Broward and they have all been Private Schools so i dont think grades will be an issue. He was at Cardinal Gibbons, American Heritage, now Chaminade. Kids from those schools always qualify.

This film is a who's who of s.fla private schools. On a play he runs in covg stride for stride with Xavier Williams (Bama commit). Hes throwing tds, catching td's. Honestly im legit confused as to why he doesnt have an offer..unless he flat out cursed out Richt or something lol. He's a more skilled Dee Wiggins who they are high on.

Last edited:
Dunmore has elite feet. If i were to explain it....a wr with elite feet is Chad Ochocinco Johnson. Dunmore is actually alot like Chad. They arent blazers....but are great route runners that set you up with their feet. Just like Chad he has a slight frame..He's about 6'2 175-180pds. Dunmore really isnt like Ezzard. Ezzard is a legit bully...and a legit Yac type guy. Ezzard is like a bigger Rashawn Scott. Dunmore has a flare for the acrobatic catch.

My comparison for him is Chad Johnson. Dunmore and Payton would be a good class. Only thing is ...neither are BURNERS...but both have the hands and route running ability. Dunmore has the same personality as Chad as well...maybe that rubs people the wrong way..not sure. I know he has transferred around but that appears to be following a coach. As he has actually crossed counties in transfers from Broward to Palm now back to Broward and they have all been Private Schools so i dont think grades will be an issue. He was at Cardinal Gibbons, American Heritage, now Chaminade. Kids from those schools always qualify.

This film is a who's who of s.fla private schools. On a play he runs in covg stride for stride with Xavier Williams (Bama commit). Hes throwing tds, catching td's. Honestly im legit confused as to why he doesnt have an offer..unless he flat out cursed out Richt or something lol. He's a more skilled Dee Wiggins who they are high on.

After seeing him for the first time i do see what you're talking about with the feet. He does a very nice job of creating separation with his feet. I think he is bigger than he is given credit for as well. He has some nice film and i do like the fact that he would high point and catch the ball with his hands for the majority of the film. He seems to be an overall football player with some good field awareness and football IQ and has an idea of what he is trying to do while out there which is an underrated skill. However one thing i don't see from him that i saw in Payton's film was explosion. I know Payton had a slow clock time and was a little small than what we thought he was, but he covered and chewed up ground like a dude that was 6'5. Maybe he's a natural long strider, he was chewing up yards when he ran. he just looked explosive to me. But he is a good prospect and deserving of an offer i do agree.

When you said he acts like Chad too what did you mean by that? Is he a little bit of a diva or big ego? I get most of these guys are, but there is a difference about being able to be coached up. Could he be a problem?

Chad as far as the flamboyance. EGO. He has been known about and doing kids up since he was a freshman and knows it. He lets the other guys hes going against know it as well. I dont know if he could be a problem..based of Dugans in the Donk...there wont be much problems tolerated. So thats on the coach and what type he is.

Yea he isnt really small. He's legit 6'2 + and has been weighing in over 170pds the last 2 years. Ladson is 6'4 170 right now. Dunmore will be up to 190 in no time..just like we have Wiggins right now. We'll see if we recruit him..i would. If not...i like the speed guy in Norris...or getting Richards lil bro.

Advertisement
Chad as far as the flamboyance. EGO. He has been known about and doing kids up since he was a freshman and knows it. He lets the other guys hes going against know it as well. I dont know if he could be a problem..based of Dugans in the Donk...there wont be much problems tolerated. So thats on the coach and what type he is.

Yea he isnt really small. He's legit 6'2 + and has been weighing in over 170pds the last 2 years. Ladson is 6'4 170 right now. Dunmore will be up to 190 in no time..just like we have Wiggins right now. We'll see if we recruit him..i would. If not...i like the speed guy in Norris...or getting Richards lil bro.
Not really sure i can get mad at a kid for letting a dude know he just cooked em. However i think Ohco had a chance at a HOF career but was derailed because of all his antics. I swear the HOF jacket stunt was about the downfall, but getting into the head of an opposing player is quite a useful tool to have in the toolbox. If that's what Dunmore does then all the better, but it has to be controlled and like you said i don't think Donk plays that. Maybe Donk feels like we have a couple of kids on the roster like him with Dee Wiggins and Ezzard is a possession type of guy. Not sure, but when i watched Dunmore i thought of Michael Crabtree at Texas Tech with his route running and kids like that always find a way to make an impact and get open.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back