Brief Early Practice Report, courtesy of Matty Ports

Dan Sileo JR

Band
Banned
Miami Hurricanes practice report: working through injuries pre-Georgia Tech | Canes Watch
Credit to the PBP, simply sharing.

Four Miami injured starters were not stretching with the team Tuesday morning during the media viewing portion of practice.

During the 10-minute viewing period, right guard ‪Navaughn Donaldson, safety Sheldrick Redwine, wide receiver Ahmmon Richards and cornerback Dee Delaney were riding stationary bikes.

Wide receiver DeeJay Dallas was warming up with the running backs.

Donaldson was wearing a boot on his right foot, and not using it to pedal. Delaney had a brace on his right knee, and wasn’t using that either. Richards (hamstring) and Redwine weren’t having readily apparent issues pedaling.

Wide receiver Braxton Berrios was practicing, but wearing a green jersey. UM has used that color this year to signify a player who should not be hit in practice.

Wide receiver DeeJay Dallas was warming up with the running backs, an insurance possibility after star running back Mark Walton (season-ending ankle surgery) was lost for the year. He was the fourth running back in drills, behind new starter Travis Homer, backup Trayone Gray and walk-on Crispian Atkins. True freshman Robert Burns would apparently be fifth in line.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they're on the bike, they might not be that badly hurt.

Light cardio is a good way to get the blood flowing, and you need blood in the area to heal faster. It's good.

*edit* They updated the report to say that Donaldson and Dee aren't using both legs to pedal, and that's not as good though.

Hopefully they'll be good to go either next week or the week after.

Miami Hurricanes practice report: working through injuries pre-Georgia Tech | Canes Watch

Donaldson was wearing a boot on his right foot, and not using it to pedal. Delaney had a brace on his right knee, and wasn’t using that either. Richards (hamstring) and Redwine weren’t having readily apparent issues pedaling.

Wide receiver Braxton Berrios was practicing, but wearing a green jersey. UM has used that color this year to signify a player who should not be hit in practice.

Coach Mark Richt is expected to address their statuses in his Tuesday afternoon press conference, which begins around 12:20 p.m.

Wide receiver DeeJay Dallas was warming up with the running backs, an insurance possibility after star running back Mark Walton (season-ending ankle surgery) was lost for the season.

Walton was not present Tuesday morning.

Advertisement
Can we get some info re how fast or slow da bois be peddling? Cot dam I wish we had a stationary bike cam.

Advertisement
My guess is not that bad, and that they went to redshirt him to give him a year of college S&C. Makes a massive difference in injury risk. A lot of HS injuries are a direct result of incredibly ****** S&C not preparing them to move correctly or giving them any real strength. Most college S&C programs aren't that great either, but it's a lot better than HS.

matt porter getting the inside scoop on stationary bike usage must really grind SMD's gears

Advertisement
I'm a doctor, not of the medical sort, so I'll weigh in. I think Richards and Delaney will go. Redwine will go if he can count to 10. Donaldson, no idea.

Advertisement
Thanks for the report it's discouraging to see Burns so far down in the depth chart.Running back is one of the easier positions to learn quickly.

this is where the Hurricane may be a factor, not when we had 3 weeks off, but still should win, LB depth and safety play are the big concerns

How bad is this Robert Burns guy? 5th in line?! really?! wtf

Redshirt year for sure.

So when this kid actually carries the ball more then 6 times in a game it will be the first time since his sophomore year of HS. Smh. I am hoping he doesnt RS and gets some burn this year. We dont know how good or bad Choc is but he has been underwhelming thus far. Burns is needed. We cant depend on DJ or Atkins if Choc turns out to be a dud.

Advertisement
Back