Brian Vangorder DC

Advertisement
This guy? Brian-Van-Gorder-Uncle-Rico.jpg

Advertisement
Van Gorder is a guy I'd take if we swung and missed on a dozen other candidates. He's a vagabond for a reason...he's just not that good. Not bad by any means, but he's a deep cut fall back option, in my opinion.

BVG is a **** good DC. His results aren't quite what they used to be in the early part of the 2000's, but he's **** good. He's peripatetic, though, no doubt.

One thing concerned me with his defense last year at ND. It went completely down the drain as soon as he lost his MLB Schmidt, who called the D on the field. Tells me his D might be a little too complex.

One thing concerned me with his defense last year at ND. It went completely down the drain as soon as he lost his MLB Schmidt, who called the D on the field. Tells me his D might be a little too complex.

This. There's a frustration with that fan base that a walk-on MLB was the only guy who could make the defensive calls. They have a stud ILB who never got snaps and the thought was it was because he didn't grasp BVG's system because of its complexity.

BVG is a **** good DC. His results aren't quite what they used to be in the early part of the 2000's, but he's **** good. He's peripatetic, though, no doubt.

Don't need another DC with a 37 page playbook...

Advertisement

That last sentence just gave me a coronary event.

Pretty sure he runs an aggressive 1 gap 4-3 over. Which should make most happy

Last edited:
No thanks..we need an elite Defensive coordinator.

won't happen but here is the types of defensive coordinators we need.

Sean McDermott
Kris Richard
Roy Horton
Butch Davis- would be great but ego's
Mike Stoops

This list is incomplete without Bill Belichick.

Talked to a long time Georgia fan/booster who is in his early 40s and not a hillbilly. Very intelligent guy who thought losing Richt was a mistake.

Anyhow, he told me he thought BVG was a very solid DC and a great recruiter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back