Brian Hightower Transfers to Illinois

I hear you, but he KNEW the chance he was getting here, right?

I sat in Jerrys World and watched him beat an LSU secondary full of NFL players and make a long TD catch (from Rosier none the less) not many have made here in years as a true freshman. There was also reports he was the best WR on the field the Spring before last.

Hightower isn't the first or last player to light up practice and have one good catch in a blowout game, if we need to talk abut 1 catch to justify retaining a player it shows how pathetic this program has become

Saying that hope he turns his career around though I wonder what his logic is behind not stating now with the new offense and Likens

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best of luck to the kid but leaving your current school for greener pastures is almost always a bad move. This should serve as a cautionary tale.

Attachments

• F97CFBFE-A299-45FA-A296-73922BE89E27.jpeg
    F97CFBFE-A299-45FA-A296-73922BE89E27.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1
Hightower isn't the first or last player to light up practice and have one good catch in a blowout game, if we need to talk abut 1 catch to justify retaining a player it shows how pathetic this program has become

Saying that hope he turns his career around though I wonder what his logic is behind not stating now with the new offense and Likens
If I had to guess, I’d say that there’s still a coach on staff that he’s not good with. Hickson stayed, Cooney stayed - not sure really, just guessing bc D had mentioned a while back that he was watching to see what happens with the staff. Stubbs went but a couple others stayed. Just a guess though.

I understand that. My point is losing one game doesn’t determine who is better, it determines who was better that night. Norfolk St beat Mizzou a couple years ago. A #15 beating a #2 seed. They weren’t the better team. They got hot and Frank Haith (UM ties which is why I chose this comparison) does what he does, coached horribly. Losing happens, that doesn’t make it acceptable, Bc it’s absolutely not. but it happens.
That game was wild. Kyle O’Quinn likely got himself drafted because of that game.

Advertisement
If there is anyone on this site that I'll back 100% at any time...its Dee....I'll back @The Franchise as well 100%...but thats because I've been conversating with him on CIS/Grassy for over 20yrs, and always defer to his perspective often...with @dsddcane....its on a whole different level...
You forgot to include @fraggle from Grassy. I saw how you’ve got each other’s backs.

Doesn't surprise me at all, we would get smashed in the Big Ten, but we are a better team than Illinois.
Are we? If we had not played Duke, FIU, LaTech and GT last year how many of those 4 would you have said the same about? Be honest here...

Advertisement
Advertisement
OK, well you made my point with yes I guess, but not answering the other tells me alot champ.....thanks

Were you aware Illinois beat a Top 10 Wisconsin team last season that has butt****ed us two years straight??

I'm going to assume you are not

Advertisement
Back