Brian Hightower talks recruiting after setting decision date

View as article

David Perez

Recruit
Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 8.06.28 PM.jpg

Davenport, FL - He’s a top 50 overall player in the nation, and stands above the rest at 6’2”. At IMG Academy Brian Hightower is used to playing with great players, and is anything but scared of competition.

“I’m super excited to play against the best,” Hightower said. “I’m here [at the opening] to compete against the best.”

And at the Opening regional in Orlando, Hightower did a lot more than just compete. The receiver continued to matchup well against many of the top defensive backs in the nation, and earned the ultimate prize of an invite to the Opening in Oregon over the summer.

[TWEET]833393102677217280[/TWEET]

Hightower showcased his talents and proved why he is a highly sought after recruit.

“Miami, Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas A&M, and Notre Dame [are going after me the hardest],” Hightower said. “I’m just weighing my options.”

Hightower says he currently does not have a short list of schools at the top of his list, but does have a commitment date in mind.

“I’m thinking June 20th,” Hightower said.

The IMG product, expressed that he currently has a lot to think about, but said Miami is giving it there all in his recruitment.

“Really hard,” Hightower said. “Coach Dugans reaches out to me like everyday, I have a great relationship [with him]. Me, my mom also, we all have a great relationship with him.”

Hightower and his family have developed a good relationship with Miami, and have gone up for one visit throughout his recruiting process.

“I like it a lot,” Hightower said. “I like the coaches, all the coaches, its a great place.”

Hightower says his focus this season is on “overall development” because he plans on playing early in college.

The ability to play early has been a pitch from day 1 of Mark Rich’s regime, and on June 20th we will find out whether Hightower enters the fold for Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Feel pretty good about him. Seems like coaches have done a good job with his recruitment so far. Why June 20th? Any significance to that day?

Advertisement
Looking at the list of schools that are recruiting him the hardest, I think We have the BEST CHANCE. We need him bad because dude is a baddddddd mannnnn

Advertisement
What an odd group of top schools. Not your typical schools you hear for one of the top WR in the country.

just seems like he's not feeling us as much as he could be, given how much appeal we should have to him. the odd list of schools only supports that

Advertisement
just seems like he's not feeling us as much as he could be, given how much appeal we should have to him. the odd list of schools only supports that

You may be a horrible poster, but you're clearly a good son. Why else would you dedicate your screen name to your mother?

Feel pretty good about him. Seems like coaches have done a good job with his recruitment so far. Why June 20th? Any significance to that day?

June 20th is my birthday would be a nice present if he commits to us

Bruh. Every time. Some comments are subtle, some not so much, but seriously every time...

Advertisement
This is a bad time for you trolls. I get it. There's more pain than usual in your life.

Advertisement
Back