Brian Hartline

Why do people think Hartline is leaving? Could just be Co-OCs together with O’Brien calling plays.
200.gif

Advertisement
Because he's not actually and OC.. and maybe he wants to be?
He wasn’t calling plays as an OC last year so he was OC in title only.

Plus what OC roles are available right now? If he leaves I feel like it’s gotta be the NFL route as a position coach.

Plus what OC roles are available right now? If he leaves I feel like it’s gotta be the NFL route as a position coach.

I've been watching the Fins on Hard Knocks- Wes Welker looks like he's having a ton of fun in Miami. I bet Hartline could find a cushy gig somewhere.

One would think the whole point of making him the honorary OC last season was to let him get his feet wet and then eventually be a playcalling OC. Instead he got demoted. If he had any pride, he'd leave.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hartline isn't leaving. Day already said after the season that they'll hire a coordinator and do whatever shuffling to keep Hartline

maybe. maybe not.

It has to be frustrating for a guy like Hartline to work his butt off to recruit/coach/develop like he does only to passed over by someone who’s only claim to fame was yelling at Tom Brady and somehow not winning a Super Bol with him. Heck Brady got losers like Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels SB rings.

Hartline doesn’t need the money but if did he could easily make the same if not more in the NFL and not have to worry about recruiting teenagers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
maybe. maybe not.

It has to be frustrating for a guy like Hartline to work his butt off to recruit/coach/develop like he does only to passed over by someone who’s only claim to fame was yelling at Tom Brady and somehow winning a Super Bol with him. Heck Brady got losers like Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels SB rings.

Hartline doesn’t need the money but if did he could easily make the same if not more in the NFL and not have to worry about recruiting teenagers.
it was reported that Hartline is ok coaching and recruiting WRs, he is supposedly a very anxious guy.

The original plan was for him to take the play calling duties last year but it never happened, I wonder if that was his choice if the reports are true.

That's exactly what I'd expect. Maybe feels like he's never going to get a real chance to call plays under Ryan Day so time to move on to another path if he wants to progress.

Advertisement
I've been watching the Fins on Hard Knocks- Wes Welker looks like he's having a ton of fun in Miami. I bet Hartline could find a cushy gig somewhere.

One would think the whole point of making him the honorary OC last season was to let him get his feet wet and then eventually be a playcalling OC. Instead he got demoted. If he had any pride, he'd leave.
I think they give honorary titles like that to justify higher pay too. Either way, him leaving cuts off the South Florida WR pipeline to OSU.

I think they give honorary titles like that to justify higher pay too. Either way, him leaving cuts off the South Florida WR pipeline to OSU.
Not completely. They still have Keenan Bailey and the losers from SFE that will try and push players to OSU.

But losing Hartline would hurt them a ton because of the coaching/development piece.

Advertisement
Back