CFB Brian Harsin's future in Auburn in question

Are you guys really worried that we'll lose Steele to be the HC at Auburn? They could have hired him last year and chose not to. I simply can't imagine a scenario where they suddenly decide that he's their guy. Chillax.

Obviously you're not familiar with the situation. A group of boosters (including the biggest booster) did want to hire Steele. The AD went "rogue" and ended up tabbing Harsin with the prez's approval. New prez coming in today (the process was a sham really even though he's a good candidate) and both the current AD and Harsin are on borrowed time. It's not farfetched at all. Now there are numerous fans that would not like it to happen, but Jimmy Rane has a lot of **** pull. I'm nervous until they hire someone else. **** I'll STILL be nervous if they hire someone else until THAT person hires someone else for DC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree, i was just pointing out that it's not ridiculous to say that a coach would leave in this situation and it's dumb to say fans are "traumatized" by suggesting he'd leave if given the opportunity.
Yep. Auburn would be dumb to hire him at 63 years old and the toxicity of that job right now. Full on rebuild now.

Who knows

There was talk of firing him after the Iron Bowl loss, firing him in year 1 would be hilarious because they’re paying him $5.25mill per & he’s already earned an incentive bonus for getting them to be bowl eligible this year, his buyout is $17.5mill if they fire him without cause... However, maybe having an affair with an intern is a confident just cause, maybe they even sent her at him 🧐🤔 lol

Plus they’re still paying off $21.5mill from when they fired Gus Malzahn.

If they do can Harsin, Dana Holgorsen would be good there, although if I’m him I wouldn’t wanna leave Houston just to go to the SEC West & get fired in 2 years because I can’t compete with Bama, TAMU, Ole Miss, LSU & an emerging Arkansas. Houston’s a good G5 gig that you can comfortably win 10+ games a year at & not ever worry about an insane unruly fan base calling for your head every other season.

Jamey Chadwell being a Super Saiyan Redneck would fit lovely in Auburn, he’s a really good coach & has affable personality that would lend itself well to Southern style recruiting, plus he’d probably get a solid 3-4 years before they grabbed the pitchforks.

But now more than ever would be the perfect opportunity for Bill Clark to finally get his turn to make a run at being a P5 SEC coach & considering his staunch respect in the state of Alabama he’d kill it at a place like Auburn. I can’t think of a coach would have more support locally than Bill Clark.

If Harsin is fired they should seriously consider him, although I think they’d probably want a splash hire.
@Liberty City El you are spot on with this. I live in the Bham area and have always thought Bill Clark was a great coach and I believe he would be a good fit their if that opportunity comes open. However I believe you are correct in that they would want a splash hire and probably wouldn't give him a shot.

Advertisement
No one is gonna post pics of the daughters?

It's still the mom for me. But carry on.

1643986494555.png

Advertisement
Yep. Auburn would be DUMB to hire him at 63 years old and the toxicity of that job right now. Full on rebuild now.

Who knows
As an Auburn grad, let me just say it's a reason that Auburn folks use the term "JABA."

Just Auburn Being Auburn.

Wouldn't shock me at all with it being this late in the game for them to view Steele as a stopgap type coach for the season. Wouldn't shock me AT ALL. Plus he's big money Rane's guy and he's in hella shape. Rane will make the case that he could easily coach for 5 years, which is more than what many coaches get anyway. Hopefully, they just snag Freeze or someone else and the new coach brings some of his guys. I really think Steele is going to do an outstanding job here as DC. He REALLY impressed me at Auburn.

@Liberty City El you are spot on with this. I live in the Bham area and have always thought Bill Clark was a great coach and I believe he would be a good fit their if that opportunity comes open. However I believe you are correct in that they would want a splash hire and probably wouldn't give him a shot.
Also I think Clark rubbed some of the wrong people the wrong way with his comments during the last search. With that said, I agree he's a heck of a coach.

Advertisement
If you’re Auburn, I’m not sure how you allow the AD to hire anybody at this point?

Stuck with Gus too long to the point it became a running national joke every year.

Put it all on the line going against the big money guys that wanted Steele.

And put it all on the line for a coach that was a head scratching fit even before all of this.

You can’t let the AD make another hire in a conference you’re quickly losing ground in and doesn’t allow you to quickly climb back up.

Advertisement
Obviously you're not familiar with the situation. A group of boosters (including the biggest booster) did want to hire Steele. The AD went "rouge" and ended up tabbing Harsin with the prez's approval. New prez coming in today (the process was a sham really even though he's a good candidate) and both the current AD and Harsin are on borrowed time. It's not farfetched at all. Now there are numerous fans that would not like it to happen, but Jimmy Rane has a lot of **** pull. I'm nervous until they hire someone else. **** I'll STILL be nervous if they hire someone else until THAT person hires someone else for DC.

Hmmm.. a BJ - Manny situation out there too...

Don't you have to disclose relationships in business settings especially when you supervise your lover? No troll I know CNN head partially forced out for that reason. Not sure if it is the same in football.
While ****ting where one eats is incredibly stupid, I've never worked in any setting where anyone had to disclose such a relationship.

Advertisement
Back