Brian Edwards hits the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
HBCUs, like my alma mater FAMU, are FCS schools and not below. Yeah I feel a way when a kid spurns Miami, and it didn’t work out at Florida so he’s got to transfer. But HBCUs have proud football traditions. So what are we trying to say here?

As a former football player of an HBCU, you're not educating me on anything here. I’m aware an HBCU is an FCS..mostly in name only... how many of them of them make the FCS playoffs?

My point is today HBCU football is a step below a true FCS program regardless of football traditions.

He’s not a North Dakota state type of football player..he’s a FAMU type. Hate it all you want..it’s the truth.

Advertisement
As a former football player of an HBCU, you're not educating me on anything here. I’m aware an HBCU is an FCS..mostly in name only... how many of them of them make the FCS playoffs?

My point is today HBCU football is a step below a true FCS program regardless of football traditions.

He’s not a North Dakota state type of football player..he’s a FAMU type. Hate it all you want..it’s the truth.

Well there are only two conferences in the FCS that are HBCU conferences. And neither conference goes into the playoffs because they opt for the Celebration bowl. The Meac just started but SWAC has always opted for their bowl game. Now both teams play in the celebration bowl. Are they NDSU? No but there are some fbs schools that can’t match up to NDSU.

Well there are only two conferences in the FCS that are HBCU conferences. And neither conference goes into the playoffs because they opt for the Celebration bowl. The Meac just started but SWAC has always opted for their bowl game. Now both teams play in the celebration bowl. Are they NDSU? No but there are some fbs schools that can’t match up to NDSU.

I don’t care

Advertisement
I'm living in SE DC.. I have a house in Hillcrest heights.. I never ever thought I would move to DC! RVA the commute from Baltimore to DC for work was killing me! 1 hr each way.
I have a strong understanding of traffic and transportation issues, especially in Maryland and Virginia. That’s a very difficult drive. Both 95 and 270 going in to DC are brutal. Hopefully you like it in DC. I lived there for many years including for school.

Advertisement
I have a strong understanding of traffic and transportation issues, especially in Maryland and Virginia. That’s a very difficult drive. Both 95 and 270 going in to DC are brutal. Hopefully you like it in DC. I lived there for many years including for school.
3 years then I'm out. I like the city but I am getting to the phase in life where the fast pace sometimes isn't my thing.

Last edited:
What Intel are you going to get from the kid who is clearly a moron

Tough but he brought some things on himself. However, pigging backing off your statement, I think what is lost in a lot of posts is that the kid maybe just wasn’t a fbs talent. Or p5 talent. I never understood the hype. CJ & Marco? Yes but not so much Edwards. He should have took advantage of the free education. Just be a leader on the team.

Advertisement
You may not care but your quote is insulting to some that are affiliated with HBCUs. And you was just wrong. We ain’t trying to change your mind just add some facts to that ignorant post.

how is his "quote", which is actually a fact, insulting? he is just saying that the level of play in HBCUs is lower than most of the FCS and that this kid is a below avg talent that doesnt belong in top tier FCS

how is his "quote", which is actually a fact, insulting? he is just saying that the level of play in HBCUs is lower than most of the FCS and that this kid is a below avg talent that doesnt belong in top tier FCS

He didn’t say that. He said HBCUs are lowered than FCS. Then a poster said that HBCUs are FCS. Then he doubled down and said they rarely make the FCS. That’s when I provided some facts and said they opted to have a bowl game instead, while the SWAC was foregoing the playoffs for a while. He told me he didn’t care. It’s insulting if you’re spewing inaccurate notions and proved to be apathetic to what they said.

He didn’t say that. He said HBCUs are lowered than FCS. Then a poster said that HBCUs are FCS. Then he doubled down and said they rarely make the FCS. That’s when I provided some facts and said they opted to have a bowl game instead, while the SWAC was foregoing the playoffs for a while. He told me he didn’t care. It’s insulting if you’re spewing inaccurate notions and proved to be apathetic to what they said.

I think I figured it out, you're a bit sensitive first offended and now insulted.

My notions are not inaccurate. In his post you seem to neglect to understand he means lower level of play, which again is true; he even asked if HBCUs compete for titles like NDS.

I think I figured it out, you're a bit sensitive first offended and now insulted.

My notions are not inaccurate. In his post you seem to neglect to understand he means lower level of play, which again is true; he even asked if HBCUs compete for titles like NDS.

They "opted to have a bowl game" because they weren't competing for FCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back