Brian Edwards, CB

So if [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] we close will Edwards and Henderson. What position to Dj Dallas start out in your opinion?

Advertisement
Not Pete but I think Dallas still starts at CB (as an EE he's got a leg up there and we'll need him.) Where he ENDS up is a great question. FS maybe?

Not Pete but I think Dallas still starts at CB (as an EE he's got a leg up there and we'll need him.) Where he ENDS up is a great question. FS maybe?
I think he ends up as a free safety but this spring imo he will play receiver just based on that we have only a limited number of guys here at the position

Advertisement

boner-o.gif

Would love to see him on offense...electric with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement

Would love to see him on offense...electric with the ball in his hands.

Can't disagree with either side of the ball for DeeJay. I found it interesting that Dugans was the one who gave his breakdown of him for the EE class, though.

Any real news with Edwards other than crystal balls which mean mostly nothing until 5 minutes before a prospect commits?

I don't follow recruiting much any more, but this might be my favorite thing in recruiting insider shtick. Insiders who haven't been tracking a player whatsoever because the school they cover was never in the picture all of a sudden CB a guy in mass to the school he commits to 10 minutes later so they can up their CB prediction percentage and then use that inflated score to say how credible they are.

Amazing people were freaking out a couple of weeks ago about the CB position. We are gonna be STACKED.

Advertisement
Pete, the Gators seemed to think Edwards was their backup for Blades and Henderson, and that if both those guys went elsewhere, Edwards would commit on the spot. Now that both Blades decommitted and Henderson is leaning our way, does this mean UF full-court presses Edwards and he'll be willing to listen to them this late? Or is it just too little love too late at this point?

UF is circling the drain. Recruiting these local front-runners has a lot to do with perception and sexiness of the brand. UF isn't in position to string guys like Edwards along.

Perception is reality, and the perception everywhere is that UF is a floater in the toilet right now. No top guys are looking at them like a hot choice.

Agree with you, especially if we end up with 2-3 top WRs we are after.

Advertisement
Pete, the Gators seemed to think Edwards was their backup for Blades and Henderson, and that if both those guys went elsewhere, Edwards would commit on the spot. Now that both Blades decommitted and Henderson is leaning our way, does this mean UF full-court presses Edwards and he'll be willing to listen to them this late? Or is it just too little love too late at this point?

UF is circling the drain. Recruiting these local front-runners has a lot to do with perception and sexiness of the brand. UF isn't in position to string guys like Edwards along.

Perception is reality, and the perception everywhere is that UF is a floater in the toilet right now. No top guys are looking at them like a hot choice.

They are living-in past. They are legends in their own minds.

Crystal gazing is fun and games but ultimately irrelevant. When the tweet comes out then it is legitimate. But until they sign on the dotted line or shut down their recruitment months before NSD it is all waiting.

They are living-in past. They are legends in their own minds.

Not to be brash but we have also been living in the past. Difference is we have a chance to create something special here with the new staff while Florida can't.

Man if Edwards cancels his UF visit this weekend the Gators sites will implode

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back