Brevin

1619882204077.jpeg

Advertisement
I made note in the draft thread that 80s to 106 was Brevin Jordan watch. Tennessee had a pick in there, Chargers had a pick in there (they went with McKitty), Tennessee again at 100, Rams at 103, and Jacksonville again now at the top of R4 with 106.

I guess we can extend this to 130, where there are - again - lots of potential landing spots with teams with multiple picks.

Unfortunate fall. Outside of the Top 100 is kind of a fall for Jordan. He's what...TE6 at best right now. That sucks...especially in a weak-outside-of-Kyle-Pitts-draft. Bad testing...he's surely not the cleanest medical...and then he's not a great interview? Unfortunate. We've had lesser TEs drafted higher in better draft years.
This is the weakest TE class I can remember In about 5 years. I know Brevin had a lot of bad injury luck here, but my god this is bad.

Bro; this same idiot team drafted JOSH PALMER over Tylan Wallace!! But what do I know. “Maybe” McKitty & Palmer will be “much better” pros than there pedestrian CFB careers have suggested. Surely the lightbulb will come on when they face the best of the best vs. 98% of guys who won’t make a NFL practice squad while in college.
And Palmer is from South Florida....i thought he was a 5th-6throunder type...Mckitty the same.....

Advertisement
I said this in another thread and got ripped. It’s not hating. I love Brevin and he is cane for life. But some guys games just don’t translate to the nfl. Brevin is 6’3, 245. He’s not super fast and he isn’t big. He’s not a good blocker. He catches with his body a lot and he doesn’t make contested catches. His biggest gift is yac ability but in the nfl that’s hard to come by if you’re a body catcher that isn’t going to be seen in the middle of the field. He’s also very injury prone. Would you spend a pick on a guy that’s likely your 2nd TE at best and maybe can only play H back detached from the line? Yes. Is it in your top 3 rounds? No. He also doesn’t have much special team value. I don’t think coming back improves it much, either. I think he made the right choice and just needs a good fit. He can still be a 30-300 guy. Think Irv Smith for the Vikings
Ok..now that you explained all that...Explain what Tre Mckitty is good at?.

I said on the podcast he’d go 4th, so the slip isn’t surprising.

If he stays healthy, he’ll join a long list of Canes outperforming their draft slots. He does everything Jonnu Smith does and Smith just got $50 million.
We haven’t sent a meaningful player to the nfl in a decade. Folks here are celebrating fifth round picks who play like third round picks.

-Since 2010, we’ve had 4 first round picks. None out-performed their spot.

-Since 2010, we’ve had 3 second round picks. None out-performed their spot.

-Since 2010, we’ve had 10 third round picks. 9 if you don’t count Jimmy Graham, who wasn’t recruited to play football at UM. 8 if you don’t count Spence, because of injury. 3 of the 8 out-performed (bailey, vernon, linder). Thomas, DVD, Walford, Duke, Hankerson didn’t out-perform.

We’ve had some solid 4th round picks the past decade (miller, benjamin, feliciano, jenkins).. None has made all pro.

The goalposts have moved...you have several posts saying he won't get out of the 3rd round.

Awkward Kid GIF

He shouldnt have...someone drafted Tre Mckitty.
The goalposts have moved...you have several posts saying he won't get out of the 3rd round.

Awkward Kid GIF

Definately didnt think he would get out of the 3rd. I was guessing a 3rd rounder the whole time.

I also always comped him to Jonnu Smith. There is 2 te's at least that went above him so far that he is a better player than....and maybe the "injury concerns" got him.

I dont think he was ever gonna be a 1st rounder or anything...but he definately was a top 3-4 te pass catcher in the draft.

I mean we have a guy that got drafted and they said...we dont know why he didnt have production at uga....well he also didnt have production at fsu either lol. I also still tryna figure out why my dolphins took Hunter Long. Unless they were just going BPA....we have like 7 tes on the roster

Advertisement
We haven’t sent a meaningful player to the nfl in a decade. Folks here are celebrating fifth round picks who play like third round picks.

-Since 2010, we’ve had 4 first round picks. None out-performed their spot.

-Since 2010, we’ve had 3 second round picks. None out-performed their spot.

-Since 2010, we’ve had 10 third round picks. 9 if you don’t count Jimmy Graham, who wasn’t recruited to play football at UM. 8 if you don’t count Spence, because of injury. 3 of the 8 out-performed (bailey, vernon, linder). Thomas, DVD, Walford, Duke, Hankerson didn’t out-perform.

We’ve had some solid 4th round picks the past decade (miller, benjamin, feliciano, jenkins).. None has made all pro.
Under a competent regime, Duke would’ve had a much better pro career. He’s played in some bad spots and hasn’t gotten the ball, when IMO he earned it.

Brevin is 20 years old. I didn't and don't get the rush to declare with so many red flags.

I said it before but I'll remind everyone:
  • size
  • durability
  • mostly poor testing - shuttle score is alarming considering how agile he is on film
  • inconsistent blocking
  • lousy route running - few reps of him winning against tight man coverage, especially intermediate. Rounds breaks, tips off routes, doesn't flatten and work back to the ball
  • contested catching - charts poorly due to small catch radius, issues adjusting to throws outside of his frame and failure to attack the ball, instead allowing it into his chest where defenders can knock it away
  • trajectory - qualitatively didn't improve much over 3 years at Miami. Consider this and the surprisingly poor testing and the purported interview issues and, well...
We can talk about how great he is after the catch, how he's agile and has some explosion and has been a playmaker since HS, and how the other guys at his position don't have any standout traits in comparison. Ultimately teams like safe players that they can project into schemes and Jordan has a ton of knocks for a guy with limited scheme utility. TEs Brevin's size haven't done much in the NFL and teams know it - it's a self-fulfilling prophecy for guys like him, James Casey, Irv Smith, etc. Someone has to break the mold.

Under a competent regime, Duke would’ve had a much better pro career. He’s played in some bad spots and hasn’t gotten the ball, when IMO he earned it.
I’m sure that’s true for all kids, not just miami kids.
the bottom line is the idea our guys generally outperform is dated and no longer true.

Advertisement
He's always a 3rd-4thr ound type....even if he comes back. He's Jonnu Smith

some idiot team went with Mckitty...other than that he shoulda went around that spot. There is NOTHING Mckitty put on tape better than him...Brevin has better stats in one year than dude has in a career...he isnt a better blocker, route runner...but hey....
Measurables I'm guessing. Don't know if this was the scouting department or Joe Lombardi. I take the kid from Virginia if you want more of the classic inline tight end. McKitty should have been an UFA.

Anything that doesn’t entail engulfing the entire **** and balls is considered hating by today’s weak triggered internet gotcha society.

Brevin was one of my favorite guys here the last several years, but he made a big mistake leaving just like Rousseau did. Short money is dumb money.
4881C322-66C3-4A90-B93C-6BA3DF2DB82B.gif

Same with Njoku. He may still ball out if Cleveland and Baker Mayfield continue to improve, so we’ll see.

Advertisement
Brevin is 20 years old. I didn't and don't get the rush to declare with so many red flags.

I said it before but I'll remind everyone:
  • size
  • durability
  • mostly poor testing - shuttle score is alarming considering how agile he is on film
  • inconsistent blocking
  • lousy route running - few reps of him winning against tight man coverage, especially intermediate. Rounds breaks, tips off routes, doesn't flatten and work back to the ball
  • contested catching - charts poorly due to small catch radius, issues adjusting to throws outside of his frame and failure to attack the ball, instead allowing it into his chest where defenders can knock it away
  • trajectory - qualitatively didn't improve much over 3 years at Miami. Consider this and the surprisingly poor testing and the purported interview issues and, well...
We can talk about how great he is after the catch, how he's agile and has some explosion and has been a playmaker since HS, and how the other guys at his position don't have any standout traits in comparison. Ultimately teams like safe players that they can project into schemes and Jordan has a ton of knocks for a guy with limited scheme utility. TEs Brevin's size haven't done much in the NFL and teams know it - it's a self-fulfilling prophecy for guys like him, James Casey, Irv Smith, etc. Someone has to break the mold.
Brevin is no Njoku at UM. He is above avg at everything but durability

Anything that doesn’t entail engulfing the entire **** and balls is considered hating by today’s weak triggered internet gotcha society.

Brevin was one of my favorite guys here the last several years, but he made a big mistake leaving just like Rousseau did. Short money is dumb money.

"short money is dumb money".

Say it again, dude.

Advertisement
Back