Brevin Jordan.

Advertisement
Brevin is gonna be okay....

Last edited:
All those guys would be a huge loss obviously but I think we have good WR talent behind Jeff, the LBs would probably be tough to replace though. We have no one proven behind Bandy and Brevin. Oh well, glad he's alright!
I will respectfully disagree about WR. No one else is really proven behind Jeff. Yes you could say Osborn and Hightower but Jeff’s going to be the number one guy again this year. But yes I agree glad Brevin is alright.

Advertisement
I will respectfully disagree about WR. No one else is really proven behind Jeff. Yes you could say Osborn and Hightower but Jeff’s going to be the number one guy again this year. But yes I agree glad Brevin is alright.

I don't know what your definition of "really proven" is, but I'm not worried about Osborn in the slightest. He had over 50 catches last year, averaged over 16 yards a catch, and had about 7 TDs. And everything we've heard about him since he's gotten here shows he is a driven and hard working individual.

Advertisement
I don't know what your definition of "really proven" is, but I'm not worried about Osborn in the slightest. He had over 50 catches last year, averaged over 16 yards a catch, and had about 7 TDs. And everything we've heard about him since he's gotten here shows he is a driven and hard working individual.
Trustworthy and has the stats to back it up. I’d only trust Osborn, Thomas, and maybe Hightower now. It’s a shame Hightower got hurt last year and wasn’t playing at 100%, he would have been the number 2 or 3 guy.

I can’t trust Wiggins, Harley, Pope right now with all the drops and missed assignments last year. Payton is a freshman who I think will be one of our top 4 WR’s as the season goes on and Njoku is finally healthy now so hopefully he could be a nice redzone target.

Trustworthy and has the stats to back it up. I’d only trust Osborn, Thomas, and maybe Hightower now. It’s a shame Hightower got hurt last year and wasn’t playing at 100%, he would have been the number 2 or 3 guy.

I can’t trust Wiggins, Harley, Pope right now with all the drops and missed assignments last year. Payton is a freshman who I think will be one of our top 4 WR’s as the season goes on and Njoku is finally healthy now so hopefully he could be a nice redzone target.

We're on the same page. I think Osborn and Thomas can lead this WR group, and Hightower at 100% is a QB-friendly target that will do some damage. Hopefully Wiggins and Harley work to minimize the drops from last year. Pope never seemed comfortable and by all accounts was having trouble with his assignments last season, but that's not abnormal for a true freshman.

Payton seems like the type of WR who is sure-handed and does everything right. Having him come in early will be great, if for no other reason than he adds a level of accountability/pressure to some of the older guys (Harley, Wiggins, Pope). It'll be step up or step aside for those guys. Njoku just looks like a beast. If he stays healthy he could be another monster.

Lots of potential with this group. They under-performed last year, but that's true of the offense as a whole. New energy, new attitude, new coaches, and new offensive system. Hopefully it all comes together to produce some serious results for the WRs.

Osborn is definitely more than just a serviceable player .....we still hafta remind ourselves those numbers came against inferior competition......

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back