Brevin Jordan

Advertisement
[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] do we know when Jordan is visiting this month? Is it next week?

Seems like this is going to be a battle with ucla. He spoke pretty highly of them after the visit

Advertisement
Warren Sapp came in as a TE.....

He did but Jordan doesn't have Sapp's build, cmon now.

Ooook, 6'3 257 as a high school junior.. And looks like he can still easily add weight.

Sapp came to Miami as a 6-2 230 te. So Jordan is actually bigger. Sapp was actually a pretty good athlete played 3rd base on his baseball team. Punted and kicked on the football squad. Hoop player.

Jordan doesn't have elite height or speed right now but he can still improve in those area's. Not sure if he's still growing or not. If he doesn't get any taller or faster you never know, a position change may be in his future.

40yd Dash would've ranked 12th at the NFL combine
20yd Shuttle would've ranked 4th at the NFL combine

Those aren't mediocre #'s for a 257lb HS TE. Maybe a 225lb TE.

12th sounds great when you make it appear that there were many more than that who ran the 40 at the combine. He would have placed 12th out of 14 guys. There were only 2 TEs who ran slower than 4.84.

Before this goes any farther, I think Jordan can be a big-time player here, and I'd love to have him.

Advertisement

12th sounds great when you make it appear that there were many more than that who ran the 40 at the combine. He would have placed 12th out of 14 guys. There were only 2 TEs who ran slower than 4.84.

Before this goes any farther, I think Jordan can be a big-time player here, and I'd love to have him.

Pretty crazy to think 8 guys ran under a 4.65 40 this year at TE while only 2 did it in 2016 and only 2 did it in 2015.

Last edited:

Pretty crazy to think 8 guys ran under a 4.65 40 this year at TE while only 2 did it in 2016 and only 2 did it in 2015.

The TE position is stacked in this year's draft... Njoku, DJ Howard, Butt, the guys from Clemson and VT... lots of talented guys.

Yup. Very strong NFL TE class

True.
in 2017 there were 3 out of 14 TE's didn't break 4.80 (one ran a 4.79)
in 2016 there were 2 out of 8 TE's didn't break 4.80 (only one broke 4.70)
in 2015 there were 6 out of 10 TE's didn't break 4.80 (Walford ran 4.79)
in 2014 there were 6 out of 15 TE's didn't break 4.80 (only 4 broke 4.70)

So his 40 time is just below average when compared to TE's entering the NFL the past few years. But I think we all expect that to improve.

Advertisement
4.8 electronic is fast for a big guy. When the NFL combine does their computer graphic of guys the margin is very slim for 2 tenths of a second. More important is if the guy can carry his pads in the 3-4th quarters and run fast.

Seems like this is going to be a battle with ucla. He spoke pretty highly of them after the visit

And his current QB buddy is looking like UCLA is a strong candidate for him as well.

We'll get a much better indication after he visits in a few weeks.

4.8 is slow for a TE here at Miami. Not other way to justify it. Plus he's 6-2 7/8 or whatever. Not a good combination for a hurricane TE. The good thing is he can improve on this.

Advertisement
4.8 is slow for a TE here at Miami. Not other way to justify it. Plus he's 6-2 7/8 or whatever. Not a good combination for a hurricane TE. The good thing is he can improve on this.

He ran just as fast as some of the dbs at the opening that day...

All those guys have a lot of work to do then. 4.8 is garbage for te, wr, DB or rb.

Walford ran a 4.79 for us. He did extremely well here.
This guy isn't even a senior yet. I'm sure Felder will whip him into top shape and get him into the 4.6-4.7 range.

All those guys have a lot of work to do then. 4.8 is garbage for te, wr, DB or rb.

Walford ran a 4.79 for us. He did extremely well here.
This guy isn't even a senior yet. I'm sure Felder will whip him into top shape and get him into the 4.6

Was that his combine time? I'm sure he worked out for Some teams and ran faster than that... anyways l agree, he has time to improve and hopefully he does.

Advertisement
Back