Brett McMurphy report on Miami football returning

Advertisement
b392afe094ebd45059d36df2733b129c.gif
source-3.gif
1502143800441.gif

Advertisement
These guys just love to whine like sadsack bytches

Don’t they? Most teams will probably be within a week of each other when they come in and start practising.

In fact, the NCAA may actually try to feign some sort of control or perceived leadership and usefulness and set practising days guidelines, you know, like they’ve always had up to this year.

Right now I’m guessing most P5 schools, including Miami, are working on the logistics of getting these guys back on campus in June, quickly and safely.

To pre-bltch and automatically assume we are going to automatically lose some race to get the athletes back before anyone else is just looking for ways to be miserable.

Don’t they? Most teams will probably be within a week of each other when they come in and start practising.

In fact, the NCAA may actually try to feign some sort of control or perceived leadership and usefulness and set practising days guidelines, you know, like they’ve always had up to this year.

Right now I’m guessing most P5 schools, including Miami, are working on the logistics of getting these guys back on campus in June, quickly and safely.

To pre-bltch and automatically assume we are going to automatically lose some race to get the athletes back before anyone else is just looking for ways to be miserable.
This board is a study in the misery of the human condition. We start hearing great news about football coming back, and these slump-shouldered, beaten shells of men try to find a tablespoon of alum to chomp on.

Advertisement
he corrected the awful Enos hire...so I’m optimistic. till Game 1 and I throw the remote and tell my wife to **** off...it’s our tradition.

This is very relatable. During the Florida game I spiked a dog toy into the ground and it rebounded off of my girlfriends forehead. Hoping that this is a new tradition for us as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
They can’t survive losing to Temple. Blake bought Manny from Temple for $4M after no coaching search, gave Manny more talent to work with and Temple’s best player, Roche, transferred to us.
That's a parlay set up. House ain't giving away money...

FWIW - the kids that are back are the ones who live off campus - not kids who were living in dorms. Those kids will have to have housing organized and be able to move in.

Don't forget we have players who live everywhere from New York to California . From what I've seen, most of the OOS kids are still at home. ((especially the freshmen)

While there may be dates when conferences can bring back athletes for "voluntary workouts" , the actual plans by individual schools vary a lot.

There's a lot to organize to do this correctly and not risk having half the team in quarantine with in a week or two of getting back.

Some players are back already. I would assume players can come back as they wish with this all being voluntary. I would expect everyone back as fast as preparations and testing are available for everyone.
If these dudes weren't already putting in work somewhere, we're way behind regardless.

Saban turned the entire garage on one of his car lots into a full gym/buffet/strip club/"juice" bar 3 months ago.....

They can’t survive losing to Temple. Blake bought Manny from Temple for $4M after no coaching search, gave Manny more talent to work with and Temple’s best player, Roche, transferred to us.

You (and I) would have said the same exact thing about losing to Florida International University before last season.

It happened. Everyone kept their jobs. The Athletic department doesn't give a flying F about winning football games.

Advertisement
Back